Poll: Should Blizzard allow more toggle options for armor?

Thread: Shoulder Armor

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Shoulder Armor

This is something that has bothered me since at least wrath...

The fact that blizzard makes shoulder armor increasingly big and full of graphics and doesn't give the option to toggle them on or off. Most games nowadays has this option, but blizzard flat out refuses.

I honestly think Blizzard should offer a toggle option for every piece of armor. Yes, there will be those that run around naked, but honestly they are few and far between in games that do allow this. The novelty really wears off quickly and people just enjoy the customization, creating some really unique looks.

Do you agree or disagree with blizzards stand on not offering any toggles for armor other than helm and cloak? Why?

Deleted
    I'd really like to show just one shoulder pad, that would be neat with alot of transmogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    This is something that has bothered me since at least wrath...

The fact that blizzard makes shoulder armor increasingly big and full of graphics and doesn't give the option to toggle them on or off. Most games nowadays has this option, but blizzard flat out refuses.

I honestly think Blizzard should offer a toggle option for every piece of armor. Yes, there will be those that run around naked, but honestly they are few and far between in games that do allow this. The novelty really wears off quickly and people just enjoy the customization, creating some really unique looks.

Do you agree or disagree with blizzards stand on not offering any toggles for armor other than helm and cloak? Why?
    Lol, the wording of your post screams entitlement, along with the biased poll options. Give an option for "No, I like it the way it is."
    IMO, they have a vision for how their gear art should be, it is their game after all.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Lol, the wording of your post screams entitlement, along with the biased poll options. Give an option for "No, I like it the way it is."
    IMO, they have a vision for how their gear art should be, it is their game after all.
    Huh? I've very confused by this post. I did not realize that stating my opinion before asking yours was bias, or that making suggestions was me being entitled. And how is my poll bias? *Scratches head*

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    Huh? I've very confused by this post. I did not realize that stating my opinion before asking yours was bias, or that making suggestions was me being entitled. And how is my poll bias? *Scratches head*
    I guess he doesn't know he can just type: "No, I like it the way it is." and.. I think few NPC's have single pad shoulder armor?

Anyways, more options would be nice.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    The more interaction the more I enjoy. Toggling armor graphics would be awesome.
    onethirtyeight

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    I guess he doesn't know he can just type: "No, I like it the way it is." and.. I think few NPC's have single pad shoulder armor?

Anyways, more options would be nice.
    Right? I never ever will understand the type of person that says no to options. That's the beauty of options... they are optional.

Been wanting this for a while. Problem is finding the end point; should you be able to hide every piece of armour? That would result in thousands of naked players, which wouldn't be a good idea.

I think being able to hude right or left shoulder is a good option, but maybe chest armour too if you want to go for that barbarian sort of look.

Deleted
    more options are always good. Some transmog outfits would look better w/o shoulders (or gloves), so yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosstafa View Post
    Been wanting this for a while. Problem is finding the end point; should you be able to hide every piece of armour? That would result in thousands of naked players, which wouldn't be a good idea.

I think being able to hude right or left shoulder is a good option, but maybe chest armour too if you want to go for that barbarian sort of look.
    Thousands of players running around naked in a game with millions of players is pretty negligible, imo.

The only people I ever see argue anything about customization are also the kind of people who were like "man if people can transmog a chicken wing as their 1h weapon I'm gonna quit, this game is childish, etc." More options isn't ever a bad thing, and it kind of depresses me the playerbase is so complacent about our lack of options. I'm not saying I hate the game or anything, but after all this time is it unreasonable to ask for the ability to toggle each slot of armor? We already have the option to transmog every slot that is visible, so why not just let us disable them? There's legitimately no good reason to not have the option in place.
    Last edited by Finick; 2014-07-26 at 11:14 PM.

Im all for more options, but in the mean time. Transmog to something less overpowering?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really sure. I would like the option to hide shoulder armor, maybe even belts, but if you start going down that route it's not long before people are saying "Well if I can hide shoulders why not X?"

I'm not keen on the option to hide every slot. I found it very off-putting in Wildstar when you see a distressing amount of people playing as naked characters. I don't like not being able to tell if someone is wearing gear at all or not. Joining a pug and having to inspect all the naked Aurin females to make sure they're actually wearing gear and not just trolling is annoying!

Quote Originally Posted by Tool03 View Post
    Im all for more options, but in the mean time. Transmog to something less overpowering?
    With some race/class combos that's not even an option. For example, plate wearers can only use armor that's level 40+ for transmogging. And some races just have hugely scaled shoulder-pads no matter what they are wearing.

Would be fine with a toggle for most pieces, but single shoulderpad option is best.
    Stay salty my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want for all.

I wouldn't mind the toggle options to expand further than Healm and Cloak. Could also cover shoulder and maybe gloves - maybe even bracers, as they have various scaling too. Don't think it should be more than that. Doesn't make much sense to even give you so many armor options if you do not wish to use it. That or an auto-match system like SWTOR has (To fill out the situations where you don't have matching boots/belt), though not fond of it either.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It would be good for rogues. Gigantic bulky shoulders on my male night elf just doesn't look stealthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I think most sets look absolutely terrible without shoulders being displayed.

I'm not against the option, but I don't think it'll make anything better.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post

Think it is a little bit because there are some sets that doesn't have shoulders as well.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted

Depending on the armour set I agree here, most sets are designed with the shoulder in mind and look bland without. Although a lot of cloth gear and robes it feels weird having shoulders, I always wanted a toggle shoulder option on my mage because I preferred the 'modest spellcaster' look without lots of fancy clothing. I voted there should be more, I mean they could make them all toggle-able except for chest, legs, and boots maybe so that people can't run around without any gear.

Also depends on race and gender which leaves a tiny fraction of cases. Gloves on the other hand fall more in line with helms and cloaks.

Blizzard is known for their lack of options or flexibility when it comes to design especially when copying other features of which they trim down and make it Blizzard style.