Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Horde winning a mount = Blizzard favortism?

As I've noticed that people are complaining about the Horde winning the chopper, people are saying "its Blizzard and they favor horde" etc. I watched the Azeroth Chopper's winning bike announcement and it wasn't favortism, it was the people that voted.

Question is are people just that butthurt or blind that it had nothing to do with Blizzard favoring the Horde at all. I voted Horde cause I play Horde if the Alliance bike won I would be like "meh" cause its just a mount people have 80+ of them. Why do you think people are "pissed" that they blame Blizzard for Horde winning?

We all knew before Azeroth choppers started that horde was going to win.

Also, there's no reason why they wouldn't just include both bikes.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Competitive mount collectors are irritated due to the faction mount total becoming imbalanced. So. There is that.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

1 reason: Lazy to do the art/model for 2 bikes. In the time they take to make a model/art for the alliance bike they can make another mount and sell it for $25 on the cash shop for major profits.. That's opportunity cost

10+ Year Old Account
    Because some people like to bitch and make a conspiracy out of everything. I'm an alliance player - I don't have a single horde toon higher than 58 - and I voted for the Horde bike because I thought the Alliance one looked terrible.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sildor View Post
    This "contest" was always just a PR stunt to advertise the new Horde bike. Horde pride vs Alliance apathy, gee I wonder who's gonna win an out-of-game poll. On top of that, the Allinace back looked like shit. Color it purple and it would be a silithid bike.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airbag888 View Post
    1 reason: Lazy to do the art/model for 2 bikes. In the time they take to make a model/art for the alliance bike they can make another mount and sell it for $25 on the cash shop for major profits.. That's opportunity cost
    Blizzard sure won the culture war with having cash shop in a game where you buy the box and have a subscription requirement. Ppl somehow were made to accept it not being completely insane.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Competitive mount collectors are irritated due to the faction mount total becoming imbalanced. So. There is that.
    Cross account mounts, everyone gets the +1, you just wont be able to use it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sildor View Post

Also, there's no reason why they wouldn't just include both bikes.
    Because in competitions there is a winner and a loser.

That is how life works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    This "contest" was always just a PR stunt to advertise the new Horde bike. Horde pride vs Alliance apathy, gee I wonder who's gonna win an out-of-game poll. On top of that, the Allinace back looked like shit. Color it purple and it would be a silithid bike.
    Victim complex much?

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Cross account mounts, everyone gets the +1, you just wont be able to use it.
    You don't understand how mount collecting works. The mount is not counted if it is not available on that character. I can make a Paladin, it doesn't mean my other classes suddenly have +2 mounts. I can make 4 paladins, one for each mount type. I'm not gonna get 8 new mounts.

Deleted
    No wonder the alliance one is ugly as hell.

Tbh I actually, for some reason thought both factions would get the mount, regardless of who won. Which is why as an Alliance player I voted horde.

Victim complex much?
    Victimizing myself? No. It's just obvious that the Alliance would never win a contest like this. There's nothing about being a victim when stating something so apparent.

They asked both Horde and Alliance to vote regardless of your faction, they wanted votes on what bike looked superior. And it was stated that Blizz was going to use the winning bike in game far before votes even came in. Clearly the Horde bike looked better to most people, including Alliance players, it's not favoritism it's the bike that won, it was a contest, someone had to win. It's not Blizzard's fault the people making the Alliance bike didn't have a great depiction of what an Alliance bike should look like. And the people voted. But someone always has to scream favouritism. If the Alliance bike had won I can guarantee you there would be Hordies complaining as well.

Besides there's a good chance the Alliance bike will make it into the store at some point. Especially if people can't let a small thing like one mount out of hundreds go

You don't understand how mount collecting works. The mount is not counted if it is not available on that character. I can make a Paladin, it doesn't mean my other classes suddenly have +2 mounts. I can make 4 paladins, one for each mount type. I'm not gonna get 8 new mounts.
    You don't understand how achievements work.

All you have to do is sign into a horde character and it gets added to the total.

- - - Updated - - -

Victimizing myself? No. It's just obvious that the Alliance would never win a contest like this. There's nothing about being a victim when stating something so apparent.
    The alliance has more players, sorry that your faction failed you.

To claim that this was a sham or that it was unfair is a lie.

Clearly it isn't favoritism, It was decided by the masses so they can be butt hurt all they want. Secondly based on how the reference for "Free horde chopper" it could possibly mean the allies gotta shell out some cash to get the allie version since the horde won the votes, then again that's just my speculation.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For once I consider the QQ bs. The Horde bike was better, I play Alliance primarily and still voted for the Horde one, because the Alliance one was terrible. I don't give a crap if either of them make it into the game, I have 140 mounts to choose from and care more for.

The Official Forum thread I saw a few days ago a Blue replied to was just bs. Nothing more to it. Horde won. Get over it.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

You don't understand how achievements work.

All you have to do is sign into a horde character and it gets added to the total.
    You can believe that if you want, I guess. But that's not how mount collecting works.

- - - Updated - - -

To claim that this was a sham or that it was unfair is a lie.
    It's not sham or unfair. It's just not a real contest.

Why do you assume I play Alliance? I'm only allowed to complain if I'm the affected party?

All mounts are now account wide and only logging in now will reward you with the mount when it's released(even if you can't ride it). So. There is that.

Quote Originally Posted by Marquize View Post
    All mounts are now account wide and only logging in now will reward you with the mount when it's released(even if you can't ride it). So. There is that.
    Except you can't ride it and your mount count isn't account bound. There are character specific mounts (eg CM, PvP) and faction specific mounts (eg this bike).

Deleted
    horde mount have atleast one wheel

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure they will release alliance one down the line :P