Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

"Threats like that have long lost their sway over us." Blizzard in regards to WW #'s

People have been saying they are not going to play ww because of the new changes to WW, the same is happening with other monk specs such as the mistweaver, I am appalled at blizzards stance against people just dropping the class. They don't believe people are serious? Is that why the monk is the lowest represented class in the game? It won't matter what they do if nobody is playing their class.

Why does Blizzard think it's okay to treat their fanbase like this?
    I'd like to see them treat their stockholders like this if one threatens to take their money out of the company.

Here's the proof

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...54213178888193
    Last edited by Buildapanda; 2014-07-28 at 07:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i think they are right, just play the class you wanna play, don't let other people tell you a spec sucks.
    I played BM whole MoP even after the nerf, pple told me i was crazy and it's garbage, i didn't care at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Just go Brewmaster and be an overlord tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why should they listen to it? How is threatening Blizzard going to bring about the right changes? Who would respond well to "we'll all stop playing!" every time someone doesn't agree with the smallest change. Good on Blizzard for standing up to dicks.

When will people understand that the shareholders and the development team of the game have nothing to do with eachothers ? This need to stop ! Shareholders do not care at all about what is in the game, they only care about how much game they can sell. You can argue that people will not buy the expension because of whatever this new probelm is, but it's wrong and you know it. Most of the people claming they won't play WoD will buy it and play it. maybe they won't enjoy it, but it will be the same for the shareholders. Once again, the new expension will be one of the best selling games of the year and that's that.

On topic, I have no idea about what are the changes on the Monk class, but Blizzard is right to not react to treaths like "I will not play this!". It's your right, and a lot of other people will probably play it and enjoy it. If Blizzard start to accept that kind of pressure from the player base, it will break the game, pure and simple. You can voice your opinion, but making treaths is the wrong way to send a message !

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you one of their stockholders? The difference between a stockholder and a random player complaining via social media is quite large. Even if that player were someone in a relevant guild.

I don't really know why you're appalled. Blizzard has a vision for their game and the classes in it, and they're going to run with that. If you don't like WW, play something else or learn to like WW. They're not going to compromise their artistic vision to satisfy a few (or even a hundred) outraged people on the internet. They've made extreme changes to many classes over the years, some are nothing at all like how they were originally advertised, and each time people have complained, but Blizzard hasn't budged or hasn't budged much.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

I am confused at how that was a threat?

And yes Blizzards PR is going down the drain with the latest crop of developers / CM and their twitter accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    Is that why the monk is the lowest represented class in the game? It won't matter what they do if nobody is playing their class.
    Posts this.

Complains that the class is changing.

If it's the lowest represented class in the game surely that's a pretty solid reason to mix things up.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's one person threatening to leave the class if they don't get what they want, and Blizzard says they aren't swayed by threats of this kind.

\Why does Blizzard think it's okay to treat their fanbase like this?
    Because their fanbase treats them like that. If you don't want Blizzard to treat you like a child don't act like a fuckin' child.

When does dealing with a corporation mean you are entitled to act like a whiny turd
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Why should they listen to it? How is threatening Blizzard going to bring about the right changes? Who would respond well to "we'll all stop playing!" every time someone doesn't agree with the smallest change. Good on Blizzard for standing up to dicks.
    +1 internet points
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

10+ Year Old Account
    What people tend to forget is that this is a game. In a game people play to have fun. When you focus more on winning (or in this case having high dps) you won't enjoy the game as much because you may be forced to play a way you dont like or even sometimes a different class. Focus on enjoying yourself and play with people who think the same that way it wont be a problem if WW is weaker than some specs and we all know that nerfs and buffs happen all the time so in a few months we could all be complaining that prot warriors are weak tanks and that nobody will play them they will all go play the BM monks that got buffed. We don't know how blizzard will buff or nerf classes and we shouldn't care, play the one you enjoy.
    And god said "Come forth and receive eternal life!" But John came fifth and won a toaster

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    "I'm not going to play it!" is a childish and useless argument. I agree with Blizz on this. Give some good feedback and let it be.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

People have been saying they are not going to play ww because of the new changes to WW, the same is happening with other monk specs such as the mistweaver, I am appalled at blizzards stance against people just dropping the class. They don't believe people are serious? Is that why the monk is the lowest represented class in the game? It won't matter what they do if nobody is playing their class.

Why does Blizzard think it's okay to treat their fanbase like this?
    I'd like to see them treat their stockholders like this if one threatens to take their money out of the company.

Here's the proof

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...54213178888193
    Monks are the lowest represented class in the game cause unlike DK's you start at level 1 and they haven't been out for 6 years.
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

Deleted
    Ive always had a wait and see policy to announced changes and if I don't like them once ive played them I switch.

Then again my main is a combat rogue and my rotation has hardly changed since vanilla ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    How about a non-douchey and condescending response instead. You know some middle ground.

Cele has terrible people skills. But to be fair he has a lot of people whining to him every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    How about a non-douchey and condescending response instead. You know some middle ground.
    There's nothing wrong with that response. You are looking for a fight. All I saw was "I'm not interested in these types of responses" Done deal.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    They've tried middle ground, they've tried reasoning, blizzard tried everything. But the community is relentless with threats of quiting. Your threats now fall on deaf ears.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what kind of benefits you get for being a Blizzard CM or an employee who interacts with the public?

I bet a lot of nice massages and dark rooms full of plushies!
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.