Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Should blizzard stop announcing features at blizzcon for WoW?

I mean, they could announce it but when they had the confidence to do so, overall there would be less complaints from the fanbase. They could announce what the expansion is about, lorewise maybe adding a new class/race and give as the art designs and preview of the zones, this would be enough, and then give us features along with the production of the x pack, in general I think small things matter to wow, like e.g. finding a group of players to kill a mini boss with you to get the quest done, or a little cut scene and a story to summarize the quest chain.. I guess you guys and I would enjoy something new if players stopped looking up spoilers all of the time everywhere, maybe that is why Cata lost so many subscribers overall, due to the annual pass, lots of players played the beta and then experienced everything so that when cata came out, doing the same content twice was boring and they probably players felt burnt out with the same content - Experiencing something for yourself is more fun, that is why I am stopping looking up and speculating because overall I will probably overhype myself and then be angry at blizzard that they don't meet my expectations which overall is my fault not theirs. I honestly think it will be hard since I am writing this on MMO-Champion which show leaks, models and spoilers very day (haha), but I'll manage, try it yourself!

Hmm, let's see, Blizzard can stop giving us updates and previews and behind the scenes views of all the things they're working on, all the decisions they're making and why...

Or QQers can shut up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Well I think you're right about announcing certain stuff.

I don't mind perse that they announce stuff. But I do "hate" it when they sorta back off from their original presentation or goal for a certain feature.

I'd rather hear that they announce a new race/class and general idea what the expansion is about and for the rest keep quiet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Hmm, let's see, Blizzard can stop giving us updates and previews and behind the scenes views of all the things they're working on, all the decisions they're making and why...

Or QQers can shut up.
    It would be healthy for everyone - Look at the burning crusade I see no videos uploaded from the beta and also no speculations and no spoilers, when I entered the portal for the first time, i was mind blown, a big step up when I lvled my char in vanilla zones

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Well I think you're right about announcing certain stuff.

I don't mind perse that they announce stuff. But I do "hate" it when they sorta back off from their original presentation or goal for a certain feature.

I'd rather hear that they announce a new race/class and general idea what the expansion is about and for the rest keep quiet.
    I prefer not to hear about any features hence not being angry and disappointed at blizzard . I mean I never seen so many features removed than I did in WoD its true, every x pack they remove only 1 feature or 2 but here its like what 4 , 5 now?

I defintely think they should stop promising things they end up taking away. Just announce the big stuff, like where we're going and the setting, and maybe class/balance changes they'll actually get done.

I am tired of being disappointed with features going away and then seeing Blizzard stating that they never promised it (It was never the plan).

I also feel that they should stop announcing expansion so God damn early. They announce expansions right before the last major patch, a year before they actually get it out. Now I understand that they can't just do things faster, because things take time and they can only use the resources they have available but announcing the next expansion a year ahead with no content to sate us inbetween is annoying for everyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Makronik View Post
    It would be healthy for everyone - Look at the burning crusade I see no videos uploaded from the beta and also no speculations and no spoilers, when I entered the portal for the first time, i was mind blown, a big step up when I lvled my char in vanilla zones

- - - Updated - - -

I prefer not to hear about any features hence not being angry and disappointed at blizzard . I mean I never seen so many features removed than I did in WoD its true, every x pack they remove only 1 feature or 2 but here its like what 4 , 5 now?
    If only there was a way for you to avoid looking at the videos or reading the articles.

Blizzard needs to decrease and increase the amount of information they provide to make people happy.

I'd say yes but that isn't fair to those who don't bitch and whine about complete non-issues. I'd like to imagine Blizzard just ignore / laugh at the stuff people bitch about anyway so it is no issue for them to keep telling us stuff. What they should do however is every Blizzcon give a 20 minute lecture on the difference between 'a promise' and 'our ideas for the next expansion' just to clear up that what they show us isn't 'promised content'.

They wouldn't have a lot to talk about if they did stop. What do you think they should talk about ? The way I see it, whatever they talk about there is the possibility it will change. Karabor being the alliance capital city isn't exactly a "feature".. but it still got changed and people still got annoyed about it. So as well as features maybe they shouldn't talk about any of the zones either.

You'd basically be left with the developers sat on stage smiling at the audience in silence with the audience staring back at them. I don't think that's a good way to get people excited for the xpac and sell it.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2014-07-29 at 12:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they shouldn't stop with it.

There is some TBC beta videos as well. And might be healthy for people but not healthy for business. They wish to share with us what they work on and what they wish to bring. All expansions have removed something here and there, some not noticed and some are. Really though, if you follow a game on the competitive stage, you don't wish to be 100% in the blind though.

Myself, I enjoy reading about changes and adjustments and it interests me.

There were just as much dislike when cata was released, as Blizzard managed to hold it hidden for a good amount of time, which made people really annoyed.

And if they stopped, like what, half of BlizzCon would just be an empty stage?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Blizzard should definitely stop trying to sell their expansion, keep it quiet before it's ready for launch yeah,. that's how business works.

10+ Year Old Account
    In total, there is people being annoyed if they announce or doesn't announce, no matter what.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    While I understand that things are always subject to change, I do think it might be worth it for them not to list intended features of a new expansion the way they do. After "Path Of The Titans" was axed along with the "Dance Studio" and Karabor as a faction hub etc, I think it may be wise for them to alter the way they do business in that regard.

Blizzard doesn't need to reduce the information.

Fucktards just need to realise it is concept ideas for an in-development game and stop going into a fucking childish fucktard tantrum when Blizzard decides they want to do something different than what was in a pre-alpha concept.

Mostly because fucktards get it in their head that these are "promised" things, and not conceptual ideas.

Fucking idiots.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-07-29 at 01:40 PM.

I'd prefer if they only announced stuff they're certain they can actually deliver. I really enjoy being able to see what they're trying to do and getting constant updates on how stuff is coming along, but it does get pretty annoying when the only things you hear for a fairly long time are "We can't do this after all" or "This will have to wait until a content patch".
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Doffer View Post
    I defintely think they should stop promising things they end up taking away. Just announce the big stuff, like where we're going and the setting, and maybe class/balance changes they'll actually get done.

I am tired of being disappointed with features going away and then seeing Blizzard stating that they never promised it (It was never the plan).

I also feel that they should stop announcing expansion so God damn early. They announce expansions right before the last major patch, a year before they actually get it out. Now I understand that they can't just do things faster, because things take time and they can only use the resources they have available but announcing the next expansion a year ahead with no content to sate us inbetween is annoying for everyone.
    I definitely think that people like the deliquent which I've quoted should stop thinking of Blizzard "planning" something as promising something and then I wish they would stop whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade Paladin View Post

Fucktards just need to realise it is concept ideas for an in-development game and stop going into a fucking childish fucktard tantrum when Blizzard decides they want to do something different than what was in a pre-alpha concept.

Mostly because fucktards get it in their head that these are "promised" things, and not conceptual ideas.

Fucking idiots.
    I wish there was some kind of a "I agree" button so I could click it.

Fucking idiots.
    1000000% agree with this. "It's a pre-alpha idea on a PowerPoint slide!!11!! IT WAS PROMISED! YOU ALL SEEN IT!"

Deleted

Fucking idiots.
    You need to realize the difference between changing the development plans because it's better for the game to do one thing instead of something else, and cutting features and content in order to rush an unfinished expansion out.

Barely any of these things are scrapped because Blizzard decided it's better to not implement them. If they had the time, they would implement all these things, but they want to push out the game as soon as possible, and they don't mind if the quality of the expansion suffers because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    While I understand that things are always subject to change, I do think it might be worth it for them not to list intended features of a new expansion the way they do. After "Path Of The Titans" was axed along with the "Dance Studio" and Karabor as a faction hub etc, I think it may be wise for them to alter the way they do business in that regard.
    Every few months someone drops the dance studio into a discussion.
    do you /did you actually care about "the dance studio". I cant name i single person that has a shred of interest in that.
    Its irrelevant to the vast majority of the player base. probably why they axed it!!!

the location of the faction hub is also mostly irrelevant (to me in any case) and i cant say that " path of the titans" was ever anything more than a cool sounding title with some half baked talent tree outlined underneath.

Promises they need to work on:-

The length of time we have to wait between Xpacs (which seems to be increasing not decreasing)
    The heirloom Tab
    Server faction balance

People would just complain after the game came out.

I mean, if Blizzard didn't tell anyone and shipped WoD with no flying there would still be a bunch of people complaining.