Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Because they have never, ever, ever taken ninjaing as seriously as they should.
    Well, welcome to LFfriends

back in ye olden days of wow, you found a ninja asshat, you announced it to the server, and no one raided with that guy again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    No, rebuild the loot system. The current one is 10 years old and only "works" at all because they allow ML so that people can set their own loot rules. I mean, how many people use round robin or one of the obscure loot options the game gives you?

They need to make a loot system that people can sign up to in advance so that there isn't one person in the party who can ninja all the loot. A decent one that makes sense to players.
    Yes, and soon. we'll remove the need for ever having a conversation with another player again!
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodninja View Post
    Just did SoO norm 1 and the master looter ninja'd my chest after he lost the roll. Blizz has made it abundantly clear they do not help with ML issues. This is essentially a license to steal and ever since cross-realm raiding it has gotten worse. I don't even care about the item, I just want that kid to have to face some kind of punishment for being a douche. Why do they allow ML in pugs still?
    When the rules were set in ingame writing the GMs will interfere, removing the item (yes, you also will not get it) and giving the LM a little ban.
    If no rules were set, or just talked about in vent/TS, the GMs will do nothing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Siffi View Post
    Most people are too lazy to ask for precise loot rules if they even ask for any loot rules. So why should blizzard care?
    With how few using both this and the official forum they most likely don't even know that you should ask for loot rules.

And to your question, it's common sense to keep your customers happy if you can.

Could have easily fixed this if they wanted to, but it's obviously not worth their time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    With how few using both this and the official forum they most likely don't even know that you should ask for loot rules.

And to your question, it's common sense to keep your customers happy if you can.

Could have easily fixed this if they wanted to, but it's obviously not worth their time.
    The problems with the official forum are that:
    - you can't post if you don't have an active subscription;
    - it's extremely hard to navigate;
    - too heavily moderated and they're basically shutting you up every chance they get;
    - US and EU regions are divided, even though it's the same fucking game.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    Why would anyone not ask for loot rules if they aren't stated clearly? WoW has no default system for me to see precisly how loot is distributed so i pretty much have to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    The problems with the official forum are that:
    - you can't post if you don't have an active subscription;
    That ironically solves the problem with not knowing how to protect yourself from loot scams.

I provides social interaction. Every time a players is duped, they will rage and socially interact with the scammer. Then he will most likely scream on chat, for no reason than to provide other players with another social tool: shitting on the sad people.

Totally agree. Only individual loot should be used in random groups and PUG. The fact, that this rule still isn't applied everywhere - is due to Blizzard trying to force socialization on us. Yeah. Individual loot will be implemented in 5ppl, as I heard, but I also heard, that Blizzard will allow RLs to choose ML in Flexes. So I don't clearly understand, how loot rules will be handled there. As PUG I will expect individual and only individual loot. But how will I be able to make sure, raid I've chosen will use individual loot only? How will I make sure, that RL won't be able to change loot rules at any moment without my permission?
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

I don't get why naming and shaming is banned here. Shouldn't we get rid of people like that? By making sure his name is available at least this toon will get known for bad shit and spat on. By providing anonymity for these kind of people you pretty much encourage this behaviour, just saying.

Weren't they working on an option between personalised loot and normal loot for normal raids (i.e. hc raids in WoD)? Did they scratch that?

10+ Year Old Account
    You can report him, but only if he stated the loot rules before the run. If he, for example, said that "loot will be distributed through master looter", it's not good enough. But if he said that you all roll and highest roll wins, then yes, you may report him.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post

back in ye olden days of wow, you found a ninja asshat, you announced it to the server, and no one raided with that guy again.
    So true. Every sever had its own "Blacklisted" thread. Always legitimate reasons why those players were not invited to groups. Also back in those times, if it wasn't on ML in the end game dungeons, people would drop group. Having it on Master Looter meant trust as well as respect and back then that was something that was still held sacred as it really meant something and wasn't taken for granted a whole lot.

I know times have changed and people will whine if it's on Master Looter now, but that's because there are just more dishonest or the "out for me" type of people in the game. I'm not saying everyone is, but in my experience it seems to be happening more and more often as time goes on.

In short, (this goes to anyone that finds themselves in situations that they don't like in groups like that) always ask for rules. If you don't like any of the rules (or they "ignore" you and don't state any), then don't run with them. Plain and simple.
    Last edited by lagmoose; 2014-07-30 at 01:22 PM.

Blizzard can't fix idiots. OP should have asked what the loot rules were before starting. Not doing so is like taking a job and working it for 2 weeks and being surprised that your paycheck is so low because you didn't bother to ask how much it paid.

edit: not implying anyone in this thread is an idiot. Idiot refers tho the "Master looter" person not OP.

Blizzard likes pitting players against each other. It serves as a distraction.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post

I remember people who ninja'd majordomo chests having to reroll a new toon because they couldn't get into a raid again, and had no other options. Good change or bad? You decide, I guess.

If I'm not mistaken, in WOD Normal and Heroic will have the option of ML or personal loot, set by the raid leader. So you can just join a personal loot run if you don't like ML.

Naming and shaming should be allowed when there is proof.

Before the anonymity of name changes, realm changes, and faction changes, naming and shaming is what kept people in check on realms. I remember before all the paid services crap, there was this one famous ninja on my realm that had to pretty much quit the game because no one would group with him anymore. This was due to all the shame he got in trade chat. He couldn't even roll an alt without someone knowing it was him.

The OP's picture was proof. Hiding it is just protecting the ninja, which only feeds the problem.

Just did SoO norm 1 and the master looter ninja'd my chest after he lost the roll. Blizz has made it abundantly clear they do not help with ML issues. This is essentially a license to steal and ever since cross-realm raiding it has gotten worse. I don't even care about the item, I just want that kid to have to face some kind of punishment for being a douche. Why do they allow ML in pugs still?

Mod Edit: Removed the image. We do not allow naming/shaming. You are welcome to repost it if you black out the names.
    Honestly? You're just as likely to get ninja'd from using group loot.

Mod Edit: Removed the image. We do not allow naming/shaming. You are welcome to repost it if you black out the names.

^^ And this is part of the problem, even on a third party website you can't name and shame them. They are bulletproof. Mods won't even allow us to police our own community, its a joke.

You know. I really want to forget about ninjaing. I don't want to bother even about possibility of ninjaing. I want to be protected against ninjaing by default. It reminds me situation with auto-PVP flagging. Everyone tells you - you should be aware about it. But why should I be aware about something? Those, who want to PVP should bother about turning PVP flag on. And those, who want to use unusual loot rules, should bother about loot system. So,I just want to join raid and have fun. Developers should care about all other things. Not me. Sorry. It just stupid logic: to ask RL to confirm "roll+main priority" system every damn single time, instead of just making it default loot system, because everybody uses it anyway. Yeah. It's Blizzard logic. Something similar to those genius guys, who turns "remember me" check box on sites into "foreign computer".
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club