Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you'll be able to select the LFR/Flex personal loot system from the drop-down list in WoD, so if the possibility of things being ninja looted in pugs bothers you, just make sure you join pugs that set looting to personal loot and your problems are solved!

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Well, you'll be able to select the LFR/Flex personal loot system from the drop-down list in WoD, so if the possibility of things being ninja looted in pugs bothers you, just make sure you join pugs that set looting to personal loot and your problems are solved!
    This is not enough. I want to be 100% sure, that they won't be able to change it to ML at any moment. Something similar to PVP flag: "Individual loot only" flag, which will allow you to join individual loot raids only and will lock loot system at individual, while there is at least one flagged player in the raid.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

10+ Year Old Account
    i've noticed Ninja'ing is happening more and more lately.
    Hi

Screenshots aren't proof, they can be photoshopped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    That ironically solves the problem with not knowing how to protect yourself from loot scams.
    Don't get me wrong, it's a good idea, but your account should stay enabled to post as long as you had a max level character in whatever current expansion it would be, and stay that way forever.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Have the Raid Leader/ML clearly state, IN THE INGAME RAID CHAT, the loot rules.

If they do not abide by those loot rules that were stated you can then report them under the "scam" policy. Otherwise Blizzard will do nothing against a ninja.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

I don't understand why anyone would join a pug run they know the leader is going to use ML, heck I never like it in a guild run, would never join a pug one.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's nothing wrong with Master Loot because it's what ultimately allows for the other systems of loot distribution (DKP, Zero Sum, etc.) in a controlled manner.

In regards to PuGs and ML, the issue here is really the PuG aspect. Either better communication was necessary beforehand to verify loot rules which really just means a "gentlemen's agreement" of how loot is handled. Yes, the RL could easily go back on his/her word and there isn't much in way of punishment except for avoiding said RL in the future.

Fortunately, some third party raid organizers (openraid.us and oqueue) do have feedback systems in place to allow you to respond to bad players. Alternatively, as other posters have mentioned, is to run your own PuGs. If you're the RL, you (ultimately) have control.

Honestly though, I don't think current tier raids (normal or heroic) were ever meant for PuGs. Granted SoO has been out for a while now...
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

10+ Year Old Account
    After having to experience this myself, all I can say is their group, their rules, that's why I rarely pug now. OP it's best you raid in a guild or with people you know so there wont be any issue.

Replace "Blizzard" with "you". Why do YOU still allow master loot. Why do YOU join groups with master loot? Has nothing to do with Blizzard.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Replace "Blizzard" with "you". Why do YOU still allow master loot. Why do YOU join groups with master loot? Has nothing to do with Blizzard.
    I personally really prefer master loot pugs than group loot ones though as long as proper loot rules are stated. Don't know how many times I've seen off spec wins or some retarded kiddo pressing disenchant when it's clearly been stated that Need=MS, Greed=OS or else PASS.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm totally sympathetic to your situation, and I'm all for punishing ninjas and people who are intentionally misleading about how loot will be handled. But I disagree that PuGs should be prevented from being on Master Looter. The choice should be in the hands of the raid leader. PuGs should not be forced to use any particular loot system, it should always be at the discretion of who puts the raid together, because different systems make sense for different scenarios.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I realize, that it's difficult to implement, but I really want to have an option to turn individual loot system on personally for myself. I.e. something similar to bonus rolls. I just should be ineligible to get usual loot from boss as tradeoff. But it's difficult, because from one hand it shouldn't increase chance to get loot for other players due to removal of one of loot competitors, but from the other hand it should not decrease their chance to get loot, I'm ineligible to get anyway (different type of armor for example), cuz otherwise groups simply won't want to invite such an "individual loot" players.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

10+ Year Old Account
    My Raid. My Rules.
    Sure, some people are gonna be dicks and ninja, but you joined his raid so...

Quote Originally Posted by Amak View Post
    And how would Blizzard know you in a pug rather than just an organised run?
    currently bringing cross realm people is a huge indication.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Raid. My Rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    currently bringing cross realm people is a huge indication.
    Not really. We've frequently brought cross-realm friends/alts to our heroic raids since we got it on farm, especially when expanding to 25-man. That doesn't suddenly make us a PUG.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    My Raid. My Rules.
    Whats the reasoning behind using masterloot though? They should just remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreygasm View Post
    OP is obviously hurt over something. Nonetheless the rule still counts: did he advertise the looting rules other than he implemented them? Make a ticket and move on.
    Blizzard GM's won't do anything about it anymore, been that way since Wrath

Make loot rules unchangable while in combat. Also, This may just be me, b ut i sincerely hope they dont go and change loot rules again. Sure the old lfr loot system had flaws, but by far prefered that to the current lfr loot system. it is just SO boring to play with. Not sure why it is boring, just know it feels so wrong in comparison to the old systems.