Deleted

Timeless Isle rep groups

Before I begin, here's a brief rundown of the 3 rep areas:

Firewalker Ruins: 6-11 rep per mob, small area, lots of competition.
    Blazing Way: 17-18 rep per mob, medium area, medium competition.
    Sanctuary: 22 rep per mob, large area, little competition.

Every time I join one of these, they're always (without fail) grinding in the firewalker ruins - and it completely baffles me. Every time I try to convince them that the top areas are better they disagree...and even if they do come to the top areas a lot of them will ragequit soon after.

Why on earth would everyone prefer to grind the lowest area (and waste loads of time competing for tags and waiting for respawns) when they could be getting twice as much rep in the sanctuary (which also gives an epoch stone on every kill, rather than every 2 or 3). Even without a cloak they can still get a lift over the bridge or use engineering/slow fall etc. and grind the outer areas. Are people really that lazy that they cba to ride up top, or learn how to defeat the mobs up there? (which is not that hard, especially in a group)

I've decided that it's more efficient to just solo 20 mobs in the sanctuary (even on alts) for the daily, rather than mess around with lazy rep groups.
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2014-08-03 at 11:04 AM.

Actualy you will get ported out if you don't have the legendary, groups farming at firewalkers ruins was however something new for me. When I did it there was allways one group that farmed in Ordon Sanctuary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fungj View Post
    Actualy you will get ported out if you don't have the legendary, groups farming at firewalkers ruins was however something new for me. When I did it there was allways one group that farmed in Ordon Sanctuary.
    You only get ported out if you try to enter the main room, the smaller room around the side is ok. (and there's enough mobs there to keep things going until the mobs outside respawn)

Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post
    You only get ported out if you try to enter the main room, the smaller room around the side is ok. (and there's enough mobs there to keep things going until the mobs outside respawn)
    But it's not as effective as being inside the sanctuary.

because those people grinding rep are scrubs, this late into the xpac and still grinding rep? yeh they can't handle berserkers with charge and a conal aoe to move out of, so they just faceroll the easiest mobs.

because doing it in the lower area is a peaceful activity that you can mindlessly do while chatting or goofing around. Your numbers sound good in theory, but when you are talking about a PUG, then half of their time is going to be wasted rezzing/repairing if they try to do it in the sanctuary. Yes, the mobs give twice as much rep, but they also take twice as long to kill and they can actually kill you ( and will kill most members of most random pugs) which translates into a lot of downtime.

Also, if you are pugging, it is very easy to flip servers and find one where there isn´t competition.

As someone whos gotten exalted with Emperor twice, the ruins (lowest area just at start of ramp) is by far the best. The only reason to go to the next area, huolon spawn past bridge + and up, would be if there are 2 or more grps already occupying it. Its never worth to be inside or around sanctuary. The rep per hour is too low.

i'm 570 and with all timeless buffs i can pull 600k + dps