Quote Originally Posted by Zinnin View Post
    Try reading the first post of this thread...
    Well, I think that PvE and Leveling are really different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Leveling is PvE. Though honestly leveling as Demo is mash SB with a pet out until you get ToC then you can basically stay in Meta the whole time with the glyph that gives fury back on KB. And use HoG, a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Yeah, but, for the most part it's usually a good starting point to look at any existing guides, and try to extrapolate from there. Probably would have better received if that person had indicated they'd checked out the guide and asked whether just literally dropping what abilities they don't have access to is the way to go
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Over the next few days I will be updating the following post to be in line with 6.0 Demonology. Keep in mind that since the beta is constantly changing there may be some info that is not entirely correct, however for players venturing into Raid testing and other beta ventures this will be a good place to start.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post19780771

10+ Year Old Account
    For current 5.4 / Live:

Do you get more Molten Core stacks by using Hand of Gul'dan instead of Chaos Wave?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    For current 5.4 / Live:

Do you get more Molten Core stacks by using Hand of Gul'dan instead of Chaos Wave?
    Yes. You get 0 MC procs from Chaos Wave. MC procs are from either Imps or HoG.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Chaos Wave gives 1 MC proc afaik. Whenever it procs from 4pc I get a stack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    The in-game tooltip on the Metamorphosis: Chaos Wave (passive) says "Chaos Wave has a 100% chance to trigger Molten Core".

But is that only 1 time per Chaos Wave? That's what I'm trying to figure out, if you end up with more stacks through HoG ticks or Chaos Wave. Since one is a guarantee, and the other is a % proc chance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    The in-game tooltip on the Metamorphosis: Chaos Wave (passive) says "Chaos Wave has a 100% chance to trigger Molten Core".

But is that only 1 time per Chaos Wave? That's what I'm trying to figure out, if you end up with more stacks through HoG ticks or Chaos Wave. Since one is a guarantee, and the other is a % proc chance.
    It is only 1 per Chaos Wave. Hit 5 targets with CW, you still get 1 MC proc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    It is only 1 per Chaos Wave. Hit 5 targets with CW, you still get 1 MC proc.
    OK, thank you. I wasn't sure if there was some weird scaling formula behind the scenes that was tuning down my procs due to the huge pull sizes in leveling dungeons.

Does that mean that on multiple targets you're almost certain to get more MC stacks from HoG? I'm not sure how the 8% chance per tick compares against 1 guaranteed proc per 15s, or if MC has any kind of ICD.

I'm asking about this because while leveling in DF I have to maximize burst and nothing else. Both Chaos Wave and Soul Fire help me do this. But if using Chaos Wave costs me MC stacks then I'd change tactic and just avoid CW entirely, because MC Soul Fire is crucial to maintaining my DPS between Metas in these ultra-fast environments.

(I know, I know — "Just hit 90". But I'm having fun pushing Demo as hard as I can while leveling, it's very challenging vs. simpler specs... and tanks )

Yes sorry, I dont ever think of Chaos Wave with MC procs since you will pretty much never use it. If the Shadowflame is able to tick the full duration it should hive you more than one MC proc, especially on packs of groups.

I like to use HoG to get more Demonic Fury. It's a very useful resource.

Deleted
    Gonna mess around with Demo next reset, any quick pointers on my reforging?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Lockren/simple

You could go for the 21k Haste breakpoint of Shadowflame. (Don't know the excat value by heart, but everyone should know how to look up things)
    Having the neck from Dark Shamans will make this much easier.

Anyway, your equipment is a lot better than my demo equipment. (Since KTT is uterly crap, i was using BBoY nhc for demo)

How do you folks manage your rotation on Heroic SIegecrafter as demo for mine spawns? We hold the boss over their spawn points for easy cleave. Always did it as desto with fire and brimstone and AE'ed the adds off S.C. What should I be looking to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Lockren View Post
    Gonna mess around with Demo next reset, any quick pointers on my reforging?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Lockren/simple
    Using the haste breakpoint that you are, it's much better to have harvest life. ToC becomes less and less viable with more haste.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    How do you folks manage your rotation on Heroic SIegecrafter as demo for mine spawns? We hold the boss over their spawn points for easy cleave. Always did it as desto with fire and brimstone and AE'ed the adds off S.C. What should I be looking to do?
    I've never gone out of my way to DPS mines on siegecrafter, it's more passive cleave than anything else, with AoE slow and knockback, all while doing a ton more boss damage than Destruction.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty slow kill and meh attempt, fucking bindings. But anyway:
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...-done&source=6

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    Pretty slow kill and meh attempt, fucking bindings. But anyway:
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...-done&source=6
    Disgusting BBoY uptime, but I might try Mannoroth's next time. ty.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Disgusting BBoY uptime, but I might try Mannoroth's next time. ty.
    rppm is skill based okay!?

Nothing forced on the mines (other than Felstorm because it happens to line up pretty much every time) and a faster kill than Zevoa's log:
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...pe=damage-done

You can even manage top damage on the boss while doing alright damage on the mines just by baiting Chaos Wave with ToC.