Thread: MoP CM BiS-list

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiterock View Post
    As for boots - don't forget that crafted 2socket ones have 120mastery as bonus, while Ra-den have 120 mainstat, as Kylael mentioned.
    Good catch on the socket bonus fail there, my bad, I didn't see that. Still pretty close imo with a slight favor for Treads. I gem Deft (agi/haste and Glinting (agi/hit) on yellow/blue socket.

Gains with Dreadrunner Sabatons:
    40 Agility
    120 Mastery (0.2)
    183 Hit (0.54%)

Gains with Treads of Sanguine Volley:
    321 Crit (0.54%)
    160 Haste (0.38%

One last comment and then I'm gonna stop bickering. After looking at rings and comparing them I think the BiS rings for hunters are Kil'ruk's Band of Ascendancy and (as you said before) Ring of Restless Energy (not Ra-den's Swift Seal as I said, despite its agility socket bonus) since it allows you to follow socket color for a whopping +60 crit bonus.
    Last edited by mmoc54a4a9060a; 2014-06-11 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Rings

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe this has been asked before, but why is leatherworking listed as the best profession for brewmasters? How is it better than enchanting, alchemy or inscription? All increase agi by 320. Or is there som scaling issues for some professions or something?

Also, shouldn't blacksmithing be even better, as it allows you to go for additional crit?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Nvm, found my answer on an earlier page!
    Last edited by meekus; 2014-06-24 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    It is because of their damage is all. All tanks can live in CMs, it goes next to damage and who can do the most most often. Monks win that, thus they are the best tank. I used my boost on a BM monk for CMs and my healer hates it compared to my warrior.
    I don't remember when but nerthfu was commenting on my stream that as a blood DK I did more damage, but my lack of speed is what really hurt (I literally can't get anywhere fast compared to lolroll) and I can't cheese certain veng things in the same way.

Deleted
    Im a late bloomer and hope to step into CM soon with my Restoration Shaman (inb4 go ele) and im glad the list got recently updated with some shaman gear! I assumed that PG (proving grounds?) list is not much different from CMs.

I dont have engineering and don't feel like dropping my Enchanting and LW for it so I need a new headpiece. I thought Nightwatcher's Helm
    (wowhead item 89296) is really easy to get and pretty much BiS (crit + blue socket).

Also, I am unable to kill Ra-Den at the moment. Do you know any other boots that could be a substitute? Its hard to compete with 2 sockets and crit I guess...

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow it was only 3 months ago that I aspired for even at least 1 gold. Next thing I knew I'm a part of the team to sell CM golds!

Assuming I'm a survival Hunter. Would Hellscream's Longbow be a better option than the BiS listed Durumu's Gaze because of more agility out of 2 sockets and its bonus? Or is the haste/mastery combo too dreadful compared to crit/haste?
    Last edited by TrollShaman; 2014-07-16 at 11:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrCool View Post
    I dont have engineering and don't feel like dropping my Enchanting and LW for it so I need a new headpiece. I thought Nightwatcher's Helm
    (wowhead item 89296) is really easy to get and pretty much BiS (crit + blue socket).
    Go for Timeless Isle helm, if you be lucky with the roll tho. It gives 511/511 of secondary stats, but with yellow socket.
    Unless you have Barrens helm which is the same, but 600/600 stats.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    Wow it was only 3 months ago that I aspired for even at least 1 gold. Next thing I knew I'm a part of the team to sell CM golds!

Assuming I'm a survival Hunter. Would Hellscream's Longbow be a better option than the BiS listed Durumu's Gaze because of more agility out of 2 sockets and its bonus? Or is the haste/mastery combo too dreadful compared to crit/haste?
    All Throne weapons have a budjet-free bonus socket (while Hellscream pays 80 Agility + 40/40 secondary to get the gemslot and 60 Agility bonus). So Durumu's Gaze still ahead.
    Voice of the Quilen is also worth to mention, for having +80 Agility at cost of 80 Stamina, but it have Hit/Haste as secondary stats.

15+ Year Old Account
    It makes me sad that not one paladin spec is represented in this list
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    It makes me sad that not one paladin spec is represented in this list
    Paladin is a very strong and safe tank when built well. I'd be more than happy to give a good bis list if the OP or anyone would like. May just write it up anyway.

Deleted
    Looking at your destro warlock list, I see that as Ring 2 you pick Ro'shak's Remembrance with a 80 int / 160 hit gem, the socket bonus is only +60 haste (worse destro stat in CMs). Why not go with 160 int gem and get the hit reforged from haste/crit, if int values that much?

Also the neck vs Necklace of the Terra-Cotta Invoker? 80 more int, 344 mastery exchanged with 269 haste and 51 extra hit. Not worth it?

Other than that, fantastic lists and guidelines.
    Last edited by mmocb716454164; 2014-07-30 at 06:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalek View Post
    Looking at your destro warlock list, I see that as Ring 2 you pick Ro'shak's Remembrance with a 80 int / 160 hit gem, the socket bonus is only +60 haste (worse destro stat in CMs). Why not go with 160 int gem and get the hit reforged from haste/crit, if int values that much?

Also the neck vs Necklace of the Terra-Cotta Invoker? 80 more int, 344 mastery exchanged with 269 haste and 51 extra hit. Not worth it?

Other than that, fantastic lists and guidelines.
    There is a note saying "Can probably just swap out of into a 160 Int if hit cap is fine without this gem". Though i can probably just change it to a 160 gem, seeing as hit cap is more than easily reachable without it. The Neck is debatable though you can probably just go with either or, as generally the difference the neck seems to make is very small as int and mastery is quite close in a fast challenge mode environment, and since the stats on the Terra-Cotta is less than desirable apart from the extra int it gives due to the gem socket, for a Destro Lock anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Iltareh View Post
    Paladin is a very strong and safe tank when built well. I'd be more than happy to give a good bis list if the OP or anyone would like. May just write it up anyway.
    As was said here, any spec can be taken, but the list was made for a challenge mode environment where your aim to go for the fastest time possible (though the resto shaman PG list was made for other reasons). So some specs/classes weren't added, though I was considering adding Protadin since I was adding the other tank specs into the list a while ago, though I kinda forgotten the paladin at some point. And ye, i'm happy to add any specs/classes if people are willing to assist with it. Also come WoD, i'll try and get many more classes/specs added if possible.
    Last edited by mmoc71ca6018d1; 2014-07-30 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Draemi View Post
    As was said here, any spec can be taken, but the list was made for a challenge mode environment where your aim to go for the fastest time possible (though the resto shaman PG list was made for other reasons). So some specs/classes weren't added, though I was considering adding Protadin since I was adding the other tank specs into the list a while ago, though I kinda forgotten the paladin at some point. And ye, i'm happy to add any specs/classes if people are willing to assist with it. Also come WoD, i'll try and get many more classes/specs added if possible.
    It's a bit of a moot point to make a list for anything other than Brewmaster if that is indeed the case. I'd certainly never take a Guardian druid over anything.

Glyphed/Talented properly with the right group I'd argue Paladins can be faster than any other tank (besides Possibly BrM).

Anyway, my list:

Prot Paladin dps would go for crit+haste. Safer golds would be mastery+haste. There are a lot more options available for mastery+haste.

For Speedruns: Exp15%=7.5%Hit>Haste>Crit>Dodge>Parry>Mastery

Helm: Reinforced Retinal Armor (Engineering) Crit+Haste+StrMeta
    Neck: Amulet of the Primal Turtle (Tortos) gemmed Haste+Hit.
    Shoulder: Tusks of Mannoroth (Garrosh N/H)Gemmed Exp+Hastex3 alternative Spaulders of the Warchief (Garrosh) Gemmed Hastex2, enchant Tiger Fang 200str+100critrating
    Cloak: Yellow Dawn Lightningcloak (Ra-den) Gemmed Haste, alternative Gong-Lu, Strength of Xuen Gemmed Exp+Haste Enchant: 180 crit or 180 Hit
    Chest: Carapace of the Core (Ra-den) Gemmed Exp/Hastex3, alternative Chestplate of Congealed Corrosion (Immerseus) Gemmed 1exp/haste+1haste+1haste/hit Enchant: 80 all Stats
    Bracer: Caustic Spike Bracers (Durumu) Haste. Gemmed Haste. Same Bracers = Bracers of Constant Implosion (Jin'rokh the Breaker) Haste. Gemmed Haste. Enchant: 180 Str.
    Gloves: Tar-Coated Gauntlets (Iron Juggernaut) Gemmed 1Exp/Haste, 1 Haste. Rein-Binder's Fists (Iron Qon) Gemmed 1 Exp/Haste, 1 Hit/Haste. Alt Handguards of Winged Triumph (General Nazgrim, Celestials, Protection OR Retribution spec) Gemmed Exp/Hastex2, enchanted +170 Haste.
    Belt: Poisonbinder Girth (The Fallen Protectors) Gemmed 1Exp/Haste, 1Hit/haste, 1 Haste (Living Steel Belt Buckle).
    Legs: Legplates of the Lightning Throne (Lei Shen) Gemmed 1Exp/Haste, 2 Haste, Enchant: Angerhide Leg Armor
    Boots: Sabatons of the Superior Being (Ra-Den) Gemmed 1Haste, 1 Haste/hit. Alternative Tidal Force Treads (Twin Consorts) Gemmed Expertise/Haste. Enchant: 175 Haste, possibly Pandaren's Step.
    Ring1: Seal of the Forgotten Kings (Spoils of Pandaria) Gemmed Expertise/Haste
    Ring2: Asgorathian Blood Seal (Siegecrafter Blackfuse) Gemmed Exp/Haste
    Trink1: Relic of Xuen (Inscription, Tigers Deck - Darkmoon Faire)
    Trink2: Optional. Darkmist Vortex (Lei Shi), Skeer's Bloodsoaked Talisman (Paragons of the Klaxxi),

Weapon: Shellsplitter Greataxe (Tortos) Gemmed 1Haste/hit, 1Haste(Legendary Socket) Worldbreaker's Stormscythe (Jin'rokh the Breaker) Gemmed 1 hit/haste, 1 Haste(Legendary Socket). Enchant: Dancing Steel.
    Shield: No Shields with Haste or Crit exist. Dodge and Parry DO however give additional Grand Crusader procs. Hellscream's Shield Wall (Garrosh Hellscream F/N/H BoA) is thus BiS. Gemmed 2Exp/Haste. Enchant: 170 Parry.

BiS professions: Engineering, Possibly Herbalism, then Blacksmithing. LW Optional depending on group comp.

Some optional pieces are similar enough so that both could be considered BiS depending on if you're short on hit or expertise.

Safe CMs change the stat prioritization from the above to Haste>Mastery>Dodge>Parry>Crit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draemi View Post
    There is a note saying "Can probably just swap out of into a 160 Int if hit cap is fine without this gem". Though i can probably just change it to a 160 gem, seeing as hit cap is more than easily reachable without it. The Neck is debatable though you can probably just go with either or, as generally the difference the neck seems to make is very small as int and mastery is quite close in a fast challenge mode environment, and since the stats on the Terra-Cotta is less than desirable apart from the extra int it gives due to the gem socket, for a Destro Lock anyway.
    Weird, doesn't show up any notes for me!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalek View Post
    Weird, doesn't show up any notes for me!
    Changed the note after i made the post to reflect what i said and added in the Int gem instead of the Int/Hit gem originally there

Since it seems to be a common misconception that normal vs. HWF bears no difference, I'd like to point out the the normal version of my mages t16 gloves have 222 haste when scaled down, and its heroic counterpart has 236 haste when scaled down. It's small, but in a setting where we are min/maxing everything, it's worth taking in to consideration.

Deleted
    I'd certainly never take a Guardian druid over anything
    /sob

Actually running my second druid through CMs now and found it easier (though slower) than doing on a monk, the monks aoe threat I missed but FF silencing caster pulls is nice.
    Anyway for the druid tank list Id like to add the wonderful Delicate Vial of the Sanguinaire, why? because it has no internal cooldown on the proc and for physical damage trash packs its pure awesomesuace

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mordero777 View Post
    Since it seems to be a common misconception that normal vs. HWF bears no difference, I'd like to point out the the normal version of my mages t16 gloves have 222 haste when scaled down, and its heroic counterpart has 236 haste when scaled down. It's small, but in a setting where we are min/maxing everything, it's worth taking in to consideration.
    That's because your heroic piece takes up a greater part of your stat budget which makes every other piece have a little less stats.

I actually have a pretty moderately developed CM/PG ret BiS list
    /ret tears
    Smitus of <Solace>, previously of <SNF>

10+ Year Old Account
    Would Sunsoul Stone of Wisdom and Relic of Yu'lon be bis for disc?

Quote Originally Posted by mordero777 View Post
    They actually should be the exact same. At the item level of 463, they both should give 359 haste and 362 crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Promdates View Post
    They actually should be the exact same. At the item level of 463, they both should give 359 haste and 362 crit.

imgur.com/j3adCGJ

I recall seeing a similar post from a priest comparing his t14 a while back.