Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Yeh, i know. I asked how big the difference was ? I just like bladestorm and the small pause it provides is nice

I truly hate math and suck at it.
    For simplicity, lets assume 3x devastates vs 4 ticks of bs, 5 if i delay SS by 0.5 sec

Hitting the dummy unbuffed my dev seem to average 50k with my bladestorm ticks at 30k.
    So 150k vs 120k or 150k vs 150k if i delay SS. Thats only 150k damage over a 5-6 minute fight.

I have no idea how to factor in vengeance levels, snb procs, rev procs etc etc, whats why i come to ask.
    It looks negligible at first but i honestly have no idea
    More than negligible with the SS you could of proc'd or the revenge procs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elyina View Post
    i'm sure this has been discussed a bit but i'll never be able to find it in the thread, which trinkets are considered good? i'm running thoks/vial (both heroic) for now and I like it, but what do other people think?
    If you are looking for DMG go Thok + Skeer. There is nothing better single target dps wise.

You may use the Hybris. But its kind of hard to use it effectivly.
    Juggernauts Trinket is not good.

For trash heavy fights (Galakras, Spoils) switch Skeers Bloodsoaked with Fusion fiery Core from Norushen.

Personally i dont like the Vial at all. Sure its a good trinket but i never met a boss where the reduction of Def Cds was really needed. Everything could be timed weull with the not-reduced cd-timings. DMG wise its no competition either.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by mmoc51b1e9c51e; 2014-08-04 at 02:36 AM.

Juggernauts is fine and gives you something like 3.5% crit. Skeers is good but loses its effectiveness the higher your crit % is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Skeers is good but loses its effectiveness the higher your crit % is.
    Is there a crit % where jugger wins over skeer ?
    I have over 50% crit and even critcap during procs. And 561 skeer still sims higher then 582 jugger.
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2014-08-04 at 04:29 PM.

Deleted
    Is there a crit % where jugger wins over skeer ?
    I have over 50% crit and even critcap during procs. And 561 skeer still sims higher then 582 jugger.
    Use Skeers evertime regardless of your crit percentage. 50% crit (i guess you have 50% when riposte is up) is low so dont think about capping crit.
    Skeers has a 25% uptime. Its just the best trinket besides Thoks Tail Tip single target wise.

If you need burst, like when you do the shredderer hybris is better. But over a whole fight Skeers rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Juggernauts is fine and gives you something like 3.5% crit. Skeers is good but loses its effectiveness the higher your crit % is.
    Juggernauts Trinket give you 1.x% crit through reforging.

To be honest it flat out sucks when using it for dmg. It was great in the beginning of the content because you could reforge alot into parry if you`d choose to play an avoidance build. With gear 570+ it is not very usefull anymore IMO. With that ilevel your parry is already around 43% and the DR on it is so hard that stacking parry just does not make any sense to me. Better put it in some other stats (Crit for example).

I agree. Theoretically you are right about Skeers trinket. But it seldomly stacks so in reality it never loses its power except you are crit capped before the proc. which is hard to do (not impossible) as a prot warrie :-).

JMHO.
    Last edited by mmoc51b1e9c51e; 2014-08-04 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moxie21 View Post
    Use Skeers evertime regardless of your crit percentage. 50% crit (i guess you have 50% when riposte is up) is low so dont think about capping crit.
    Skeers has a 25% uptime. Its just the best trinket besides Thoks Tail Tip single target wise.

If you need burst, like when you do the shredderer hybris is better. But over a whole fight Skeers rocks.

To be honest it flat out sucks when using it for dmg. It was great in the beginning of the content because you could reforge alot into parry if you`d choose to play an avoidance build. With gear 570+ it is not very usefull anymore IMO. With that ilevel your parry is already around 43% and the DR on it is so hard that stacking parry just does not make any sense to me. Better put it in some other stats (Crit for example).

I agree. Theoretically you are right about Skeers trinket. But it seldomly stacks so in reality it never loses its power except you are crit capped before the proc. which is hard to do (not impossible) as a prot warrie :-).

JMHO.
    Jugg actually gives you 1.94% for the RF 0/4 version ((1552*.75)/600) to ((2714*.75)/600) 3.39 for a 4/4 HWF. Skeer's gives you 31.03% max stacks for RF 0/4 to 54.27% for 4/4 HWF.

Even if you are sitting at 50% character sheet crit, you actually have 47% against a raid boss. The 54.27% puts you at 1.27% over the full 103% cap, but whatever.

Deleted
    I have 52% crit after boss crit suppression with riposte up. Im close to critcap with a skeer proc, im way over it with reck up aswell.
    I just read khroms post as juggernot would be better at some point over skeer, just found it odd, so i asked
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2014-08-04 at 06:44 PM.

Skeers has a 25% uptime.
    If you're seeing 25% uptime on your Skeers trinket you're crazy lucky. On average the trinket has 12.5%-17.5% uptime, with some RNG where it lands.

Highest I've ever had is 33%, and lowest is 3%, but those are not very representative of how the proc chance will be on average.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Pardon the noob question but I have dragged my warrior out of the moth balls to prep it for WoD and im looking into tanking some LFR in crappy Timeless Isle gear.
    The OP has the 3 gear paths basically equal but that probably is more something for people who's gear isn't behind on the times so the say
    Crit gearing seems right out but I was wondering if Parry or Mastery was a clearly superior choice with bad gear.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    I have 52% crit after boss crit suppression with riposte up. Im close to critcap with a skeer proc, im way over it with reck up aswell.
    I just read khroms post as juggernot would be better at some point over skeer, just found it odd, so i asked
    Hey np. I just wanted to help. Feel free to take those opinions that convince you more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Promdates View Post
    Jugg actually gives you 1.94% for the RF 0/4 version ((1552*.75)/600) to ((2714*.75)/600) 3.39 for a 4/4 HWF. Skeer's gives you 31.03% max stacks for RF 0/4 to 54.27% for 4/4 HWF.

Even if you are sitting at 50% character sheet crit, you actually have 47% against a raid boss. The 54.27% puts you at 1.27% over the full 103% cap, but whatever.
    So whats your point ? Juggs the better DPS trinket because you are getting crit capped for 0.5 seks with Skeers last stack ?
    Can't be serious are you ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    If you're seeing 25% uptime on your Skeers trinket you're crazy lucky. On average the trinket has 12.5%-17.5% uptime, with some RNG where it lands.

Highest I've ever had is 33%, and lowest is 3%, but those are not very representative of how the proc chance will be on average.
    I followed the proc uptime in the beginning when i got it and quickly decided that this is the best one for dmg. I admit i do not not follow it closely lately. When i looked up my last garrosh kill i had a 15% uptime so maybe i got lucky in the beginning. But even with that uptime its superior. And when i look at other prots i guess i am in good company.
    Last edited by mmoc51b1e9c51e; 2014-08-05 at 12:26 AM.

Thoks + Skeers is indeed the highest yielding trinket combo for any single target fight. I was just correcting a statement that had information listed that was not fully correct.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Thoks + Skeers is indeed the highest yielding trinket combo for any single target fight. I was just correcting a statement that had information listed that was not fully correct.
    No offense taken :-) And you were/are right. Thanks for mentioning it.

So whats your point ? Juggs the better DPS trinket because you are getting crit capped for 0.5 seks with Skeers last stack ?
    Can't be serious are you ?
    No, I was pointing out the correct information regarding the crit amount gained that you incorrectly said. If Juggs was the better trinket, I wouldn't be wearing a 4/4 HWF skeer's trinket near 100% of the time.

Deleted
    No, I was pointing out the correct information regarding the crit amount gained that you incorrectly said.
    Where did i post something wrong ? Lets see what i wrote:

So please explain whats wrong with that ?

But now lets look at what you wrote:

Jugg actually gives you 1.94% for the RF 0/4 version ((1552*.75)/600) to ((2714*.75)/600) 3.39 for a 4/4 HWF.
    That is incorrect. Thats only a theoretical value you gain IF riposte is up a 100% of the time. Show me a fight where this is possible. It's a rare commodity.
    Even if you one tank fights you will have riposte downtimes because of fight mechanics. Two tanking encounters increases downtimes even more.

i wrote:

But it seldomly stacks so in reality it never loses its power except you are crit capped before the proc. Which is hard to do (not impossible) as a prot warrie :-).
    Your answer:

Again you seem to not pay attention to what i wrote. My point was (still is) being crit capped even before the inital stack. You are trying to show me someone can be capped within the proc. Thats out of question.

So where is your point ? Trying hard to prove that i am wrong ? I dont get it.
    Last edited by mmoc51b1e9c51e; 2014-08-05 at 03:06 PM.

Hey guys, does anyone make sure of a shield barrier weakaura that shows the predicted shield absorb amount based on current vengeance? I've looked all over and the only thing I've come up with is strings that show the absorb amount currently left. I know it's possible because I've seen screenshots but I've turned up nothing when it comes to strings.

That is incorrect. Thats only a theoretical value you gain IF riposte is up a 100% of the time. Show me a fight where this is possible. It's a rare commodity.
    Even if you one tank fights you will have riposte downtimes because of fight mechanics. Two tanking encounters increases downtimes even more.
    So are you reforging the dodge to parry or to crit? I'm assuming crit since you bring up riposte having an uptime (and make no mention of it in your original post), and a HWF 4/4 Jugg's gives you 1.8% crit if reforged to crit (and another 2.035 with riposte up). Should honestly specify that you're reforging to crit over parry (the probably more common reforge).

Again you seem to not pay attention to what i wrote. My point was (still is) being crit capped even before the inital stack. You are trying to show me someone can be capped within the proc. Thats out of question.

So where is your point ? Trying hard to prove that i am wrong ? I dont get it.
    What Protection Warrior is running around with 79% crit? That's the crit cap for white attacks (103% for specials). So you're telling me that there's a Prot Warrior somewhere that's crit capped before riposte (which is probably impossible, 22k crit rating gives you around 36.67% crit. You would need 44.4k crit rating to reach 74% crit before the 5% buff), unless you were factoring in Recklessness in there.

For reference, Skeer's has an average uptime of 17.33% (1.13*0.92*10/60). So before you get all angry and upset because I was pointing out information that you were obviously lacking in your posts (or making large assumptions by leaving that information out), perhaps being more upfront and communicating what you are referring to would cause less issues for you in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    One small point Moxie. 100% log uptime is irrelevant for vengance/riposte. It only matters in relation to time on the boss anyway. So if you can't DPS during a phase, but don't have riposte up during that phase as a result, it is irrelevant.

It's like Fury enrage. It doesn't matter if it isn't near 100%, as long as its up when you are actually DPSing.

You need to consider, and may have in fact done so, more than simply the log numbers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    One small point Moxie. 100% log uptime is irrelevant for vengance/riposte. It only matters in relation to time on the boss anyway. So if you can't DPS during a phase, but don't have riposte up during that phase as a result, it is irrelevant.

It's like Fury enrage. It doesn't matter if it isn't near 100%, as long as its up when you are actually DPSing.

You need to consider, and may have in fact done so, more than simply the log numbers.
    Thats what i tried to explain to promdates...

- - - Updated - - -

So are you reforging the dodge to parry or to crit? I'm assuming crit since you bring up riposte having an uptime (and make no mention of it in your original post), and a HWF 4/4 Jugg's gives you 1.8% crit if reforged to crit (and another 2.035 with riposte up). Should honestly specify that you're reforging to crit over parry (the probably more common reforge).
    it does not matter which way i reforge. All that matters is reading what i wrote and not stating that i wrote something that i did not. Maybe trying to understand what i wrote os also important.

But if youd like to know: i dont wear that trinket at all. In the beginning i liked it alot (when everybody else was flaming me because they said the trinket is crap) The reforge to parry was just great for an avoidance spec. As i said nowadays a would not wear it anymore. There are better trinkets to use.

But i wrote that already. Just read my post.

What Protection Warrior is running around with 79% crit? That's the crit cap for white attacks (103% for specials). So you're telling me that there's a Prot Warrior somewhere that's crit capped before riposte (which is probably impossible, 22k crit rating gives you around 36.67% crit. You would need 44.4k crit rating to reach 74% crit before the 5% buff), unless you were factoring in Recklessness in there.
    I don't tell you anything. Believe what you want to believe. If you think its not ok to play with alot of crit. Do it your way.

All i said is that Skeers' the best DPS trinket out there crit wise. And it doesnt matter if you are crit capped or not. AND that it is possible to be crit capped even before the Skeer proc. Again you are writing i did wrote that this is possible without riposte. I never said that.

You have a big problem. Read what i write. Try to understand. And after that answer to my posts or ask me a question. I will try to explain you the best way i can if i have the feeling you actually start listening.

I am not the allpro-theoretican and i dont have the motiviation to be one. Because my playstyle seems good enough comared to others when i look at rankings and logs. I do think i know 1 or 2 things about playing prot and doing some dmg with it.

1) The info that Darkfiend posted was already known by me, you made no mention towards it to me. Try again.
    2) If you are giving out information, it's pretty important to specify which reforge you are using for it. Saying that reforging Jugg's gives you 1.x% crit is wrong UNLESS you are reforging to crit (which you did not mention, but whatever).
    3) You're right, there are better trinkets to wear than Jugg's. This has no part of any of the posts we've directed towards each other.
    4) If you can reach 79% crit with base crit and riposte, then grats. Show us, prove me wrong.
    5) I never said that people shouldn't play with a lot of crit, many people gear for crit.
    6) Not arguing that Skeer's isn't one of the best dps trinkets to wear, that's probably why I've been wearing a 4/4 HWF for a long time.
    7) Again, show me wrong that you can get 79% crit

Either way, I'm done with this. All I was trying to do, was point out that you failed to include valuable information regarding what you posted. THAT'S ALL THIS CAME FROM.

Deleted
    1) The info that Darkfiend posted was already known by me, you made no mention towards it to me. Try again.
    2) If you are giving out information, it's pretty important to specify which reforge you are using for it. Saying that reforging Jugg's gives you 1.x% crit is wrong UNLESS you are reforging to crit (which you did not mention, but whatever).
    3) You're right, there are better trinkets to wear than Jugg's. This has no part of any of the posts we've directed towards each other.
    4) If you can reach 79% crit with base crit and riposte, then grats. Show us, prove me wrong.
    5) I never said that people shouldn't play with a lot of crit, many people gear for crit.
    6) Not arguing that Skeer's isn't one of the best dps trinkets to wear, that's probably why I've been wearing a 4/4 HWF for a long time.
    7) Again, show me wrong that you can get 79% crit

Either way, I'm done with this. All I was trying to do, was point out that you failed to include valuable information regarding what you posted. THAT'S ALL THIS CAME FROM.
    I failed. You are right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Novaflare View Post
    Hey guys, does anyone make sure of a shield barrier weakaura that shows the predicted shield absorb amount based on current vengeance? I've looked all over and the only thing I've come up with is strings that show the absorb amount currently left. I know it's possible because I've seen screenshots but I've turned up nothing when it comes to strings.
    I never had use for that kind of aura so, sorry cant help with an wa.
    But maybe this addon can help (till you get your wa): http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/protwarbar

PS: I dont use that addon. Just did a quick google-search.
    Last edited by mmoc51b1e9c51e; 2014-08-05 at 11:05 PM.