Thread: "Womyn"

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zexism View Post
    Did that really happen ? Can't believe that I missed that
    I didn't see it quite like that but I saw several saying that because breast feeding apparently gives your child the best start in life, they were only going to breast feed their daughters because their sons don't need the help as they have an innate privilege, and they would purposely deprive their sons of things so they know how it feels from a womans perspective. And other such tripe.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Stypidity...Stu is a man's name.
    But saying Styp sounds like Stipe, which leads to Michael Stipe, who is a man.

To defeat the bug, we must understand the bug.

It baffles me as to why threads like this one remain open. There is no discussion here.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I didn't see it quite like that but I saw several saying that because breast feeding apparently gives your child the best start in life, they were only going to breast feed their daughters because their sons don't need the help as they have an innate privilege, and they would purposely deprive their sons of things so they know how it feels from a womans perspective. And other such tripe.
    Sounds almost as retarded as when they wanted to kill of the child of Prince William for being male .

No , it's Xe .
    So then it'll be Xemale or xemyn so as to no use any kind of word that resembles men?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/onomatopoeia

So while the words women/woman already exist and are not onomatopoeia's the individual is clearly utilizing the same concept.

They are conceptualizing a literary version of a specific pronunciation of the word. Sometimes women relate to each other by saying "Hey woman" but they pronounce it more like "Wo-myn" to differentiate themselves from the proper word. It's kind of like how people of certain ethnic minorities will refer to each other as a phonetically altered version of what was once a "proper" term used to differentiate them from the rest of society. One (in)famous N word comes to mind, which evolved out of the proper word negro (i.e. Spanish word for black). And now the modern N word is one of those "our word".

Just like when I talk with my brothers we throw the word "nate" around all the time, because we're part native, and "nate" is our word. Even though it's a colloquial racial slur for people of native descent.

So presumably a lot of women still feel alienated as members of our society. I'm sure they get a lot of "hey, miss" "hey lady" or "Womyn!" from people in their day to day lives, or at least did in recent history and are making light of it, in order to 'rise up and overcome' past discrimination instead of "hey buddy" or "hey friend" "Bus driver".etc.

So women calling each other "womyn" is like them essentially creating a literary version of a colloquial slur used to improperly address females in an alienating manner. It's "their word". It would be improper for me to walk up to my very female roommate and say "Womyn! you're using too much cupboard space." Just as it would be wrong for her to say "Get your nate celery off of my shelf in the fridge"

So I think it's roughly the same concept. Just as a lot of black people affectionately use the n-word with each other. It's their word. It's based on a former colloquial (and disparaging) pronunciation of the word "negro". It's not disparaging if they say it to each other because of the irony of it. Just as it's ironic for a woman to address another woman as "womyn". Or if myself or one of my brothers throws the term "nate" at each other, my dad's not going to suddenly be like "HEY, THAT'S OUR WORD!"

It's the whole "rise up and overcome" idea. That's why women sometimes call each other womyn. It's an ironic onomatopoeia of the sounds of discrimination spoken with the intention of giving discrimination the middle finger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    It baffles me as to why threads like this one remain open. There is no discussion here.
    What discussion can be had about this? It's idiotic so were making fun of it.

Past couple of months every week there is some cutely veiled anti women thing on mmo champ..
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironjaws-Mike View Post
    She will turn into Sye then?
    Schlee and Schler. Futurama predicted this all along.

PS: Sexism is stupid.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Did that really happen ? Can't believe that I missed that
    Sadly it did. A bunch of American 'womyn' advocated it for a few weeks till they were shot down

Do your friends look like this:

?

It's the same thing with Greece wanting to be called Hellas because Greek means slave in Turkish or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    It's the same thing with Greece wanting to be called Hellas because Greek means slave in Turkish or something.
    It's not even close.

Hellas is, and always has, been the Greek term for Greece.

The word Greece is from the name of a tribe in North West Greece, and was in use long before the Turks came anywhere near the region, it comes from Latin as they were the first tribe the Romans came in contact with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironjaws-Mike View Post
    She will turn into Sye then?
    History will turn into "hystory," despite the fact that the word "history" has no root in the word "his."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    History will turn into "hystory," despite the fact that the word "history" has no root in the word "his."
    I think they want History to turn into Herstory.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    They will also replace every male name in the hystory books with female ones

10+ Year Old Account
    Beavis and Butthead discussed this topic at length in one of their old shows, and quite well I might add.

Deleted
    Abolish father's day because its sexist
    Remove gay males because homosexuality is a way of saying women aren't good enough, thus sexist
    Breast feeding is a form of rape

Anything else to add to the list of what we need to fix in our broken society so the femnazis won't feel so oppressed?

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I think they want History to turn into Herstory.
    And ramake our school systems around Ovesters and do away with these awful 'semesters"

The Swedish words for Him and Her = Han and Hon. Idiots now say "Hen" instead, and people even discuss FOR REAL if perhaps we should get rid of Han and Hon and just go with Hen for everyone.

I am quite happy to be a Hon, a WOMAN. Doesn't bother me in the slightest that it has the word "man" in it, but then I don't hate men.