Poll: What do you think? Gain or loss?

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Imo MoP was the worst of all the xpacs to date. This colossal content drought isn't helping it's case either.

Deleted
    In all honesty I don't enjoy WoW anymore, the changes done to the game in MoP put me off of it. I loved Cataclysm, and the gameplay from that expansion, it still felt like WoW, but nowadays I don't enjoy playing any of my favorite classes anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    Yep, one year of Garrosh is doing a number on Blizzard's revenues. Isn't Garrosh a bitch?
    Truthfully? Revenues are up.

Couldn't possibly be because there's been no new content for 10 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Truthfully? Revenues are up.
    Probably because of Blizzard store pets, character boosts, and other micro-transactions.

Let's ignore the fact this subject has been beaten to death already prior to the announcement, or the fact that there was also a nice and unexpected gain in subs earlier this year as well. How many things do you enjoy after many years of doing it for probably hours almost every day? Nevermind the fact that MoP has pandas or if you don't like Asian architecture or whatever the case may be...this is still pretty much the same game it was almost 10 years ago. You go fight things to get better gear to be able fight harder things to get even better gear, just with new changes of scenery and mechanics every so often. Yes, people quit because they don't like an expansion, but I really feel more people quit because no matter how awesome a new zone looks, how cool shoulderpads might look, or what lore characters show up in some quests...it's still the same thing many people have been doing for almost a decade now. After almost 9 years it was why I quit, and why most people I know quit...I still want to love playing this game, but in the end I am flat out fucking bored of WoW in general.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Probably because of Blizzard store pets, character boosts, and other micro-transactions.
    The reason why doesn't change the fact. Don't confuse you or my dismay of the reasons why with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    I am not saying it is terrible, ok yes I am actually because it was for me and I did unsub for the first time ever since Vanilla and it was because of MOP. The loss isnt 100% MOPs fault of course, there are other considerations but I think one could agree with MOP played a starring role in it.

Edit* While I though MOP was horrible, I am stoked for WOD
    Very few people dislike MOP to me and my brother it is the best expansion since BC

15+ Year Old Account
    Not because of MoP theme, just because of lack of content. Nothing new. Not even a Dungeon ... sucks balls.

And i must say, SoO is not that great eighter. Reused content (Orgrimmar). They seem to be slacking alot.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Very few people dislike MOP to me and my brother it is the best expansion since BC
    lol wat. Cata and MoP is what killed WoW.

Probably more related to content drought + age of the game, even if we were in a burning legion expansion the sheer age of the game and lack of content wouldn't hold players like Wrath was able to. I'd also argue that introducing modes like LFR and flex rapidly increase the rate of burnout.

It's funny you guys dont even mention that its summer time :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawdlock View Post
    lol wat. Cata and MoP is what killed WoW.
    yeah dude wow is (le)terally dead, and anyone who thinks otherwise or has a preference for an expansion that is disliked is wrong

rip in peace wow

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually I'd say lose only 800k is quite good

To all of those saying the 800k loss is due to the current content drought:

What is the reason then for the 2.4 millions subs lost in the first year of MoP -- when the content was practically being thrown in our faces? MoP lost less subs in the final year than the first year.

MoP will end up losing more than Cataclysm. It's not age. The expansion sucked.

The times I have unsubbed during the course of this expansion has been more Cata's fault than MoPs.
    Up until Cata I had the old zones and quests from classic to level an alt through/visit for nostalgic purposes and getting part of that classic feeling back. Would often go back there when I felt bored/fed up with current content. These days I usually just unsub when that happens so it's Cata's fault for destroying those old zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawdlock View Post
    It's funny you guys dont even mention that its summer time :P
    That's because these sub numbers are for Q2 which ended June 30th. If there were sub losses due to summer, the majority of those will fall in Q3.

Everyone saying it's because of the content drought is so wrong. If that was the case then why didn't subs drop as rapidly between ICC and Cata? Look at the front page graph, numbers stayed the same, if not grew!

I'd say it's simply because the game is old and not enough new players are coming into the game. So as such, more people are growing tired of playing the same game than people are joining for the first time.
    Last edited by QwertySham; 2014-08-06 at 06:38 AM.

blizzard tried to pander (get it?) with pandas and the asian theme. that blew up in their face.

wrath is liked so much cause not only was it alt friendly, it was pug friendly and the theme was interesting. and in mop? sha of fear...who cares. lei shen...who cares. garrosh for 1 year, etc.

arthas aka the f'n lich king, and the frozen throne? hell yeah. noone gives a crap about fighting pandas, and im honestly not sure WoD is enough either. it isn't the burning crusade. it's tbc if it was filled with orc garbage. I want legion material, fuck orcs. we've had enough of that in 5.4.

It's a by product of no content for ages.
    God and maths? Hmm, the letter to alpha relation would be 7 - 15 - 4. Since it's all one word, it's safe to assume it's multiplication so it'd be 7*15*4=420. So realistically, god is related to cannabis? Perhaps that's what they were expecting you to write.