Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a guy who's played since day one I am super pumped for this. And I'm glad that kickass mount isn't a store thing. This will be an awesome holiday.

ER

wait for it...

MER...

wait for iiiiiiit...

GERRRRRDDDDDDDDD

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    First Reaction: Okay, cool.

Second Reaction: Great, so now I get to struggle through a 40 man with my crappy computer? >_<
    just like vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoaric View Post
    They also like to celebrate things they consider to be big events.

*cough* a double anniversary *cough*

Doesn't matter though, we'll know next Friday.
    This is true. Plus I also think this 40 man and BG will be a stress test of their new graphic file systems, to see how well it holds up in fps

This is the first time in the past few years that I've been really excited about a WoW anniversary event! I was getting tired of the XP and rep boost we were getting previously, which felt anticlimactic. And honestly, who the heck cared about WoW's anniversary when that was all we had to look forward to? It was great when we got a noncombat pet, and many people were excited to log in and claim it. This year definitely goes above and beyond what I had ever hoped for (and to be honest, at this point, I didn't hope for anything anymore)! I can't wait to get my mount and Molten Corgi!

OH. MY. GOD.

Unexpected. But OMG. Want. Want. Want. So much want.

I wonder if my Priest will be able to get a Second Copy of Benediction/Anathema?! Then again, I'm 93% sure I'll be doing this on my Holy Pally, so it's time for Banana Armor! Yaaaaay!

Deleted
    This is amazing. This is love. This is life.

Blizz is going all out for their 10th anniversary of WoW! LOVE IT!

There should also be a crossroads raid map.

Quote Originally Posted by Voldur View Post
    Notice how they said "max level characters" to avoid saying lvl 90 or 100 as a req for the mount. Maybe they dont want to spoil the release date...
    A guildie actually just brought that to my attention. Sneaky sneaky

10+ Year Old Account
    Thumbs up from me this is awesome.

Wonder how many of the people who are saying "Oh man this is so cool" were the ones months ago going "WTF STUPID CORGI I BET ITS A STORE PET THAT COST US A RAID TIER WTF BLIZZARD"

In other words, release will be december, but they are trying to keep people subbed...

10+ Year Old Account
    Im there. I may actually try to do molten core. I will be doing the TM v SS but if this bg is amazing I hope it stays.

I am excited for this.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    100v100 if they make it temporary they shouldn't do it once a year if they were smart. Should do it as a seasonal thing or during world events...

I actually think this announcement means that WoD definitely won't be released until late December for the following reasons:

1) there has never been a pre-expansion event that wasn't tested on the ptr (for at least 4 weeks and as long as 8 weeks)

2) if the pre-expansion ptr went up tomorrow, August 7th (which isn't going to happen), the absolute earliest it would go live is September 7th and the more probable date is Oct 1st or Oct 7th (based on all prior pre-patch ptr's)

3) contrary to the opinions stated elsewhere the pre-expansion event also brings in all the systems changes required for WoD (stat squish etc) which is why it is tested on the ptr

4) pre-expansion events usually last a month on live - so even in the best case scenario (pre-patch ptr next week) the earliest that WoD would be released (4 wk ptr 4 weeks for players to participate in event) is Oct 14th

5) if WoD is to be released on Oct 14th (9 weeks away) then the final shipping gold master of WoD would have to be pressed by next week (historical evidence available that it takes a minimum of 60 days from the expansion's gold master disc's being pressed to them being boxed and shipped to retail outlets worldwide).

6) Gold master pressing, considering the state of the current beta, is almost 100% not going to happen next week or in the immediate future meaning that there is no way WoD will be released in Oct

7) While many have argued that if WoD was released in mid Oct that would give you plenty of time to reach max level to participate in the 10th anniversary event…while true it completely ignores the fact that most players have alts that they would want to do MC / BG and a month is not enough time for that to occur

8) its also highly unlikely that Blizzard would introduce these major anniversary events at roughly the same time as the first tier of raiding is opening up though it is more than likely that they would be prepared to have these additional events during the month of the pre-expansion event

9) this is much more likely to be a pacifying event to hold the masses over and get them to resubscribe and increase the likelihood that they will buy WoD once they get back into the game

10) if WoD was going to be released before the 10 anniversary they wouldn't have teased this event with "available to max level characters only". In fact, they wouldn't have announced this event before the announcement of WoD's release date. The more likely explanation for the use of the vague term "max level character" is that they want you to be excited about this and forget that it means WoD isn't coming out until december

I could be wrong but am basing my speculation of both past history and current events - feel free to bookmark this post and mock me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty confident I will have the last laugh.
    Last edited by Sensa; 2014-08-07 at 12:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not keeping the new 'battle ground' is pretty stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post
    I actually think this announcement means that WoD definitely won't be released until late December for the following reasons:

1) there has never been a pre-expansion event that wasn't tested on the ptr (for at least 4 weeks and as long as 8 weeks)

2) if the pre-expansion ptr went up tomorrow, August 7th (which isn't going to happen), the absolute earliest it would go live is September 7th and the more probable date is Oct 1st or Oct 7th (based on all prior pre-patch ptr's)

3) contrary to the opinions stated elsewhere the pre-expansion event also brings in all the systems changes required for WoD (stat squish etc) which is why it is tested on the ptr

4) pre-expansion events usually last a month on live - so even in the best case scenario (pre-patch ptr next week) the earliest that WoD would be released (4 wk ptr 4 weeks for players to participate in event) is Oct 14th

5) if WoD is to be released on Oct 14th (9 weeks away) then the final shipping gold master of WoD would have to be pressed by next week (historical evidence available that it takes a minimum of 60 days from the expansion's gold master disc's being pressed to them being boxed and shipped to retail outlets worldwide).

6) Gold master pressing, considering the state of the current beta, is almost 100% not going to happen next week or in the immediate future meaning that there is no way WoD will be released in Oct

7) While many have argued that if WoD was released in mid Oct that would give you plenty of time to reach max level to participate in the 10th anniversary event…while true it completely ignores the fact that most players have alts that they would want to do MC / BG and a month is not enough time for that to occur

8) its also highly unlikely that Blizzard would introduce these major anniversary events at roughly the same time as the first tier of raiding is opening up though it is more than likely that they would be prepared to have these additional events during the month of the pre-expansion event

9) this is much more likely to be a pacifying event to hold the masses over and get them to resubscribe and increase the likelihood that they will buy WoD once they get back into the game

I could be wrong but am basing my speculation of both past history and current events - feel free to bookmark this post and mock me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty confident I will have the last laugh.
    Here it comes :

1) Bashiok tweeted PTR will be up soon, won't require much testing. So don't expect a PTRcycle longer than 4 weeks.

2) If the patch takes 4 weeks of testing it will be ready even if they open PTR on the last day of August.

3) The squish is tested on beta, I'm pretty sure at this point they have gotten it right since it's just a flat percent nerf.

4) Oct 14th is entirely possible and aligns with a decade of tradition that the date announcement is exactly 2 months before launch.

5) Blizzard works with regional distribution centers, which can print, burn the DVDs up to a day before shipping and still make the deadline. Pretty much all software companies do this these days, so they can still change stuff last minute. Basically if it launches on the 14th of October, the DVDs will be prepared monday morning and get shipped overnight (that's for eu) US distribution is probably slightly different.

6) GM printing generally doesn't happen until a week or 2 before launch.

7) MC is about the mount, it will not contain gear, the alt experience is irrelevant due to mounts being character wide.

8) Makes no sense.

9) Makes no sense.

You are most definitely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Exerus View Post
    Im there. I may actually try to do molten core. I will be doing the TM v SS but if this bg is amazing I hope it stays.
    its just a giant deathmatch, it will be fun for a bit but i doubt will have lasting appeal, hence why its only temp