Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Feeling Guilty should I?

Hi

So Basicly I had a minor operation yesterday <some laser treatment> and I could not sleep so instead of just sitting in bed I came on to the guilds TS server while they are doing there weekly farm and just wanted to say hi to take my mind off the situation. My eyes were bandaged so was unable to see <had my wife help me log on and that> and they were 23 manning content and asked if I wanted to just tag along, they already knew my situation and we had a good laugh about me just going on follow and am unable to do anything I agreed and said that Im just there until more log on.

So was just Norushen hc and boss died and I rolled on a bonus coin hc wf legs <again had my wife helping me which was an experiance to have another who has no idea what the hell is going on trying to visually explain things> and this was met with a general gz. Felt pretty good after hard day and as we continue through sha and then gala having a lol on ts with the guild we are met with an awkward situation of our raid leader saying that a certain player is loot banned for the next few bosses.

We are all abit confused and it turns out he was afk the last few fights and his reasoning was his afk because I am afk and refuses to do anything untill myself either raids or leaves. He is met with many remarks such as grow up or dont be silly everyone was fully aware of my situation and he rage quit off TS then contintued to rage in /w to a few and this eventually led to him leaving on an alt then after raging and causing drama he was removed from guild.

Now I feel really bad as this is because of me being in a raid that i was taking no part in and reguardless of how the situation took place it was down to me so should i feel guility and try and resolve this by reaching out or let the officers do what they do and stay out.
    Last edited by mmocd0697df586; 2014-08-07 at 09:35 AM.

Pfffttt, no. The guy was being immature and completely rude.

Look at it this way ( yeah haha almost a joke ) If the one making a drama was a well liked and behaved guildmate this would never had gone down like this ... he would not had acted like he did and the officers would not have kicked him.

No you should not feel guilty.

Sounds like an immature, jealous douche. It was either you or an empty space in the raid group. You were having no negative impact and everyone seemed to be having fun. I say good riddance to guild members like that.

This late into farm having a blind raider along could only cause the raid to be more interesting surely?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    yeah its how I should feel and how some have said but there is still part of me that is feeling guilty about the situation and its true he was only a newish member think bout 3 months and it has been noted by a few that since we got hc garrosh down his attendance has dropped and he did have alot of attitude on multiple occasions but all this aside the guilt is there and still very frustrating first time in a long time that i have felt like this over guild situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why you even thought of going in the first place.

Deleted
    Just one guy ruining the fun and community feel for the rest of you. You guys are better off without him so really it sounds like you did the guild a favour by making him leave.

No you should feel fine about the whole thing. Everyone else was okay with it he was just was one of those hooray for me and fuck everyone else people your guild is better of now you did them a favor.

10+ Year Old Account
    They agreed it was fine having you basically be AFK, so unless he voiced his opinion there, he's just a dick. And even if he did, it's the officer team's decision, and not something that you should be immature about. You being there had no negative effects on the run, him going from an active contributing member to one that is afk, does however.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    was go have some fun on ts to take my mind of it or jsut lay in bed and listen to tv or attempt to sleep mid evening had no intention to raid just sort of happened lol

Since you took an empty seat and didn´t drag the group down you shouldn´t concern yourself with this.
    The other guy was an idiot. If he didn´t like the decission the RL has made he should have said so from the beginning.
    But since the choice was 22 People or 22+ you doing nothing and you downed bosses. It wasn´t his decission but the one of the RL.

A guy with that little team spirit would have found the way out of my team too.

Either you have a mindset of what can I do for the team or you have a mindset of what can the team do for me.
    That guy had the latter.
    Your team had the option to let you tag along as social "guest" and decided to do so (big plus in my book for your team). The other guy was envyous to the fact and decided to let the team down because he couldn´t stand a teammate tagging along in circumstances where it didn´t harm the group.

Don´t feel guilty. In fact maybe you should feel a Little happy to have found such a bad egg in your team.

Deleted
    very true feuerbart good way of looking at things why i love forums different views and ideas to help see a bigger picture although i would like to find someone who has his pov maybe he was having a bad day or maybe he was just a bad egg still would be nice to know more on his own rage or stress but ty for your replies it does ease my guilt

First I had two laser surgeries on my eye (not for lasic btw).....not fun....so been there with the eye patch and discomfort of healing ...

You think too much over a simple and silly thing. You have nothing to feel bad over. It sounds like everyone BUT the noob raiding member understood your situation and that everyone was joking about it. God forbid a guild has a single raid where the concern is fun over bosses or progression. The player that went afk in protest is the kind of player I wouldn't want in my guild....immature...uptight...self centered...and whiney....yeah that's a fun guild member.....not!

You're fine; the other guy overreacted.

Stuff like bringing in a blindfolded raider is the stuff of legends in established guilds (let's face it, every well-run and established guild has its share of buddy stories). It's supposed to be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    It's mostly to take his mind off being blindfolded. It's agonizing to be lying in bed after something like that.

If the guild understands then that's fine. I've raided from a hospital bed, too, although under a less awkward raiding scenario.

Maybe the guy needed the legs and it was more of a jealousy thing that you were getting loot, who knows. Playing devil's advocate, if you really were holding the raid back though, he might have had a point. Either way, he over-reacted. Go mine some ore and talk in mumble. Sucks though that a guildie got kicked over some BS. Sorry about that.

Feeling guilty... For him being an asshat ?

Hell no

Deleted
    Assuming someone else actually wanted the legs - he's in the right. Otherwise no, who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Stuff like bringing in a blindfolded raider is the stuff of legends in established guilds (let's face it, every well-run and established guild has its share of buddy stories). It's supposed to be funny.
    This exactly! Experiences like this is what fortifies team bonds and spirit, strengthening the guild for the next progression tier, when things get all serious again. Your lack of performance had no impact and provided a bit of fun. That other guys is just a douchebag. If he wanted to AFK so badly, he should have gotten his eyes lasered and be confined to bed for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Amat View Post
    Sounds like an immature, jealous douche.
    Exactly. Good for the guild in letting the OP "raid" anyways. I mean, what does it hurt?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================