Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I have a solution to no content for a year

Okay so I get that there are a few of you that dislike the idea of having to go through each raid tier to move forward like we had to in Vanilla and BC. Now a new patch comes out and you can skip a tier but what if after you finish SoO you go through the older tiers that cam out through that expansion again but with beefed up bosses and you have to go through each tier.

This means while you were able to do SoO, the older tiers that irrelevant for alts now become relevant again since there is still more to do. Maybe this could fix a void of sorts for the year of no content unlike BC where everybody always had content (outside of super hardcore raiders) since you had to progress through everything which I preferred.

Another idea? Choose a random raid each week (not Dragon Soul though) and have it beefed up to SoO stats with the gear drops being the same textures but with Mop level stats. One week you'll have Ulduar, the next it could be Karazhan, and maybe Blackwing Lair another week.

Just some thoughts as to possibly balance some ideals out.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be pretty hard to tune, I'd imagine. It might seem like all you need to do is "crank up" the numbers at first but its not always that simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think people want to go through the same raids again, and would make people complain more about Blizzard being lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tizzlefix View Post
    Okay so I get that there are a few of you that dislike the idea of having to go through each raid tier to move forward like we had to in Vanilla and BC. Now a new patch comes out and you can skip a tier but what if after you finish SoO you go through the older tiers that cam out through that expansion again but with beefed up bosses and you have to go through each tier.

This means while you were able to do SoO, the older tiers that irrelevant for alts now become relevant again since there is still more to do. Maybe this could fix a void of sorts for the year of no content unlike BC where everybody always had content (outside of super hardcore raiders) since you had to progress through everything which I preferred.

Another idea? Choose a random raid each week (not Dragon Soul though) and have it beefed up to SoO stats with the gear drops being the same textures but with Mop level stats. One week you'll have Ulduar, the next it could be Karazhan, and maybe Blackwing Lair another week.

sounds terrible.

Deleted
    The solution for no content is old content. This guy will be snapped up by Blizzard in no time.

mby a retarded arena with a random raid boss from past!

PS. WOULD BE FUN WITH XMO ITEMS FROM PAST ASWELL TROLOLOL.
    Corrupted ashbringer etc.

They touch Karazhan or any of the TBC raids again and I'll go absolutely livid, no thanks.

I really wish ZA would have just been left as it was, that place was so epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    They touch Karazhan or any of the TBC raids again and I'll go absolutely livid, no thanks.

I really wish ZA would have just been left as it was, that place was so epic.
    This. Recycled content shows lack of ideas. No thanks.

Here is a solution: stop making early tiers so short. T11 was the largest in cata and it would have made a lot of sense to make it a couple months longer and DS a couple shorter. T14 and T15 could have easily been milked for another month each. Is everyone at blizzard seriously so naive that every single time there is a final tier they actually think the next expansion is actually launching in another 6-8 months?

I like my solution, unsub until the xpac.

How is this solution to no content? What you just proposed is NO NEW CONTENT I dont give a shit about lvl 90 ulduar or whatever, been there while it was current, cleared it and I don't want to move back

Had they had a small team taken aside when 5.4 was being finished and done three or four raids and had this happen around, oh say April, that would have be fantastic. They gave up on Timeless Isle fairly early on and left it in a horrific sickening state of halfassedness, so this would have at least been something as an alternative to SoO that's worth your time.

All this "old content isn't content" whining aside, it's a hell of a lot better than 13 guaranteed months of a single raid.
    Blizzard has forgone the route of taking risks with their stories and has decided that
    pandering to the rebellious pre-teen mindset is a safer bet. Thanks Metzen.

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    The solution for no content is old content. This guy will be snapped up by Blizzard in no time.
    the solution to no content is not to throw everything out every month.

if they kept new content as 'progression', but old content as relevant for non-progression... REGARDLESS OF LEVEL... we'd suddenly have a lot more stuff to do rather than simply achievements or 1% mount drops. the pets idea was cool, but again... if the content wasn't trivial, it would provide more entertainment.

Deleted
    Simply no, wouldn't work.

1) Nothing new. Its the same dungeon, with the same mechanics. Either you change that too (Good luck with that, especially in an instance that is designed so certain mechanics make sense) or you just raise the numbers, which makes it pointless.

2) Gear inflation. New Dungeon has to offer new (=tuned up) rewards. Those have to be better than SoO gear, otherwise, no incentive to do it. So people, who are already stacked with SoO gear, get even better gear, and then you open the next, and the next and the next...welcome to +400 ilvls over the course of a single expansion...

3) LFR already shows why this doesn't work. A huuuuuuuge group of people is absolutely content to do nothing but LFR. It awards gear with the same name, proccs, looks and boni. People don't walk the extra mile, unless there is a reason to.

Or here's an idea: how about Blizzard stops making everything so easy and bring back attunment and other ways to gate the content? People can complain all the want, yes, it was annoying, but it certainly helped the content last long. This instant gratification RAID NOW way of playing is not serving the game well. I remember back during the end of Vanilla and TBC, people were still running the first couple tier raids because it was relevant content for them. Now everyone and their mother has defeated Garrosh in SoO and as a result, the game is stale.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spastic_Dreamer View Post
    Or here's an idea: how about Blizzard stops making everything so easy and bring back attunment and other ways to gate the content? People can complain all the want, yes, it was annoying, but it certainly helped the content last long. This instant gratification RAID NOW way of playing is not serving the game well. I remember back during the end of Vanilla and TBC, people were still running the first couple tier raids because it was relevant content for them. Now everyone and their mother has defeated Garrosh in SoO and as a result, the game is stale.

1) It would make content last longer, but not THAT long. We are talking about a YEAR now.

2) And people were running these raids, because it was relevant? Yes, relevant for leveling their ALTS, or gearing up new members of the guild, so they could actually help the guild progress in the really relevant content. Oh, what great fun it was, for my full AQ40 equipped warlock, who knew every rat in Blackrock mountain by its first name, to drag new recruits through BWL, so they could join us then in AQ40, to be geared up for the coming Naxxramas. JOY! HAPPYNESS! UNICORNS!

In short: No, bad idea. Faster content patch progression is the better way to go.

or, blizzard could make content at the pace they used to instead of being lazy like they are now.

look at the number of dungeons BC launched with, for example. WoD has what...4 levelling dungeons?

Quote Originally Posted by Romanesca View Post
    I don't think people want to go through the same raids again, and would make people complain more about Blizzard being lazy.
    People who are determined to complain will do so regardless.

There is a difference between "no content", and no appealing content.
    I expect that none of those complaining have completed everything.
    Just they have run out of content that appeals to them.
    There is a significant difference, and having time and resources spent on their preferences would simply take it away from those of other people.

The solution is simple, DO NOT PLAY.
    Unsubscribe during those periods.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I'd rather they focus on getting content out faster, but buffing the stats of an old raid towards the end of an expansion would be a nice thing to keep us busy I suppose. Doesn't really solve the problem though.

That is not a solution, if something it's gonna make things worse for Blizzard. And also it's not gonna work, you spend 6 months doing a raid, clearing normal and heroic, farming heroic so everyone is fully geared etc. Going to do that raid again isn't going to be "hard", because people already know all the tactics, so it may look like it's gonna give more content but it isn't, people will just clear it really fast anyways, after 1 week most top guilds would already have cleared without any problems, heroic mode that is. Plus I don't wanna go back and do MSV again, any raid I'd want to do on current levels would be anything in WotLK and before that, and that's not gonna be like "oh bosses in SoO hit for 200k, lets make bosses in Icecrown Citadel hit for 200k and problem solved" It's A LOT more complicated then that, in the end they might as well just make a new raid tier for people, which they should be doing. Blizzard needs to stop bringing complicated features to WoW, like Garrison, they should've worked on that feature over 5~ years, not in less then 2 years. WoD wont deliver what we were promised MOSTLY because of Garrison, and how is Garrison really an improvement to WoW? Yay you get a housing, but really, other then playing Sims in WoW, it's useless tbh. It's gonna farm some gold for you, do some quests, do some botted dungeons or something to give you some fancy blue gear that you should work towards your self I guess. I mean c'mon we don't need this shit, I liked the idea of Garrison at first, but meh, until I try it out I'm against it, I don't need 10 Mexican workers to do my dirty job that I'm supposed to do my self. If they had just brought us some cool feature that isn't as complicated as Garrisons, and actually delivered what they promised it would've been pretty awesome.