Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I too expected 10-20k, but should have expected yak mount territory when I saw it said hefty sum. Granted, it is 100k in WoD gold, and the value of gold has deflated every xpac, so there's that

The bike isn't worth 10% of that. That's pretty laughable if that price is what actually hits live.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Honestly I thought the alliance bike blew the horde one out of the water, am I the only person who thought that? I thought the horde one looked like a cheap toy and was pretty laughable. also 100k really isn't much, considering how easy gold is to come by.

the point is that it is sold with unreasonable price. because you lost the voting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be waiting for somebody to send me few hundred thousand gold, since it appears to be "pocket change" for some.

I was hoping that I wouldn't need to sell my loots from completing Shadowmourne, but oh well. And if that one quote is correct, they'll lower the price to ~20.000 gold and I don't need to sell them.

Deleted
    Message was clearly given ... if u want benefits, go play horde. It was simply clear result since blizz said there will be vote, cause massive majority of players is horde. Hey who wants some free mount? lets just crush the vote. I bet everyone voted for theirs faction just so they can get something free ingame.

Has data mining revealed the Horde chopper for sale in game? Would rather pay 100k in game than pay real money for a sub I wont use.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelie View Post
    Message was clearly given ... if u want benefits, go play horde. It was simply clear result since blizz said there will be vote, cause massive majority of players is horde. Hey who wants some free mount? lets just crush the vote. I bet everyone voted for theirs faction just so they can get something free ingame.
    There are more Alliance than Horde players ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    There are more Alliance than Horde players ...
    I'll be waiting for proof, and with players instead of characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    It's common knowledge. Blizz themselves have talked about it.

Which I realize probably won't satisfy some folks, so unless they have their own proof then no assertion about faction ratios are valid, and we'd have to assume it's approximately even.

Here is a better idea. Stop wasting resources on things that look like shit. Both are ugly as sin and have no place taking up resources. Besides since we are stuck with no flying for good while I will just use heroic Garrosh mount. Guarantee you I am not going to see thousands of those zooming by me.

Also go back and watch the shows again. Time how much horde bike coverage their is and how much alliance bike coverage their is. O wait horde gets almost twice coverage as Alliance one? Yeah dead give away that Blizz favors horde. Go look every blizzcon when they ask who is alliance or who is horde. They ask who is alliance like they are lame wussys for playing it then go all hulk mode when calling out horde. So anyone saying there is not favortism is Blind as crap and delusional.
    Last edited by Armitagethethird; 2014-08-08 at 09:15 AM.

28 million characters with alliance having a lead
    http://wow.realmpop.com/eu.html
    http://wow.realmpop.com/us.html

not accurate but it can create an image.

OK, I found it: Azeroth by the Numbers

Alliance 52%
    Horde 47%
    Neutral Pandaren 1%

It doesn't say whether players or characters, tho. But, unless there's reason to believe Alliance make way more alts than Horde, I think it's safe to assume both player and character ratios would be approximately the same.

Deleted
    So I took a break from the game since november of last year because of RL reasons. I play Alliance.

Now I'm coming back and finding out all of these things. I would have voted horde to be honest, because that chopper is cool, the alliance one is lame and weird :/

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    As I said, I don't want it.

But they treat Alliance like crap.

A 1 person mount with no special characteristics, and the Horde get theirs free but Alliance pay 100k? No. Max should've been like 5k, considering a decent chunk of Alliance also voted for the Horde bike, because it was infinitely better made.
    how is that blizzards fault? the people who play the game voted and sadly the chopper didnt look great for the alliance anyway, the horde chopper looked better the people thought. the votes werent rigged. honestly i knew that they would bring it to ingame anyway, they never said that we wouldnt see it ingame, and the price is good... i guess. id never be able to buy it even if i wanted to since my toon is dirt poor.... but since its a hefty pice its less likley youll see it around more aften than the hordes chopper. also, quiting the game for a mount is a very stupid solution....
    Last edited by Vinciri; 2014-08-08 at 10:37 AM.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess this is alright. It'll be the 2nd highest money-sink mount in the game, just behind the Grand Expedition Yak which costs a whopping 125,000 gold. It'll be best for the mount hoarders and those that just like the look to grind money fast. To help, I'll post the best ways to get money:
    .Post items on the AH from your professions, or gathered materials like herbs/ore/fish.
    .Do dungeon runs, especially the old ones, as the loot can sell for a pretty penny. If you have max-level First Aid, then craft the cloth pieces into bandages as they sell for more. Go to instances that can drop mounts you don't have for more incentives!
    .Dailies no longer have a limit-complete as many as possible.
    --Beginning and completing the Argent Tournament every consecutive day takes about 30 days. The dailies in the Argent Pavillion can reward the purses, which give an extra seal and 10 gold. Go for that one.
    .Run Troves of the Thunder King each week (Which means hunting for the key!)
    Last edited by The Flavour Cat; 2014-08-08 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Meant 2nd highest, not number one
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    The contest was bike against bike.
    That is exactly my point - the question here is why has it changed at implementation to faction against faction. I thought we had a bike vs bike competition. You know, best bike is in the game, other one is tossed away ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mouri Kogorou View Post
    the point is that it is sold with unreasonable price. because you lost the voting.
    One bike won, one bike lost - we were voting for the best bike weren't we ?

So - when did this become about who gets the bike ?

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I was to spend 100k on a single mount, that mount had better at least fly.

Except in Draenor, where that won't be possible because reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    That is exactly my point - the question here is why has it changed at implementation to faction against faction. I thought we had a bike vs bike competition. You know, best bike is in the game, other one is tossed away ?

- - - Updated - - -

One bike won, one bike lost - we were voting for the best bike weren't we ?

So - when did this become about who gets the bike ?
    Because, unless I am mistaken, Alliance characters can't ride the Horde bike?

Deleted
    The funny thing is a high price would make the mount more unique which means it is worth more. I think this is an experiment by Blizzard. Make the mount cost 100k versus a free "winner" one and see which one becomes more popular in usage, see if ppl pay the 100k.