Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Haste actually is pretty weak for us. Mastery and Multistrike are stronger. And as mastery buffs AOE...
    It surprises me that haste with all those benefits would still perform lower than both MS and Mastery. Doesn't Haste benefit aoe as well though? Lower gcd, lower FN cd, faster spread FS's ticks, faster msw stacking for CL, more EotE procs for even more FN ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    If this is true...we need to tweet the devs about this.
    It can't be our WORST stat when its our "Focused" stat...that would be contrary to the whole "Focused Stat" ideology
    Yeah, our worst stat is still crit, it's close to worthless. Versatility will also be pretty low.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    It surprises me that haste with all those benefits would still perform lower than both MS and Mastery. Doesn't Haste benefit aoe as well though? Lower gcd, lower FN cd, faster spread FS's ticks, faster msw stacking for CL, more EotE procs for even more FN ...
    Yeah but mastery is 2%, the same amount of rating buffs haste by 1.2%. Mastery just scales faster.

What i meant was that mastery is better for AOE than multi strike. And as mastery = multistrike > haste, i prefer mastery over multistrike for single target and mastery > haste > MS for AOE.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2014-08-08 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Yeah but mastery is 2%, the same amount of rating buffs haste by 1.2%. Mastery just scales faster.
    Ah, okay. Well, wouldn't stat scaling adress this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    A big part of it is because Liquid Magma is the only level 100 talent that does any significant damage at the moment (tuning issue), and LM also doesn't scale with haste at all (mechanical issue), but it's also because they buffed the value of our mastery specifically in this build by baking elemental's +% shock and +% lightning bolt perks into the baseline spells.
    Simulations actually show haste to be worse than mastery and multistrike before LM. It's more like

mastery 2.1
    multistrike 2.1
    haste 1.9

and with LM, it's even more extreme (assuming mastery works with 100%, it is a big increase to LM (2% per mastery), where as multistrike is a lot weaker. Considering LM is about 8-10% of our damage on beta, haste is really really weak on beta and even with haste scaling, it would still be the same.

So from a numbers estimated, it would lead to

mastery 2.3
    multistrike 2.2
    haste 1.9

and even with LM haste scaling, haste wouldn't go over 2.1.

Edit: Anyways, did some simming and we have nearly no room for haste anyways. Multistrike and haste just fill all of our free GCDs. Haste in its current implementation will be very weak in T17 heroic gear, possibly weaker than crit and versatility.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    Ah, okay. Well, wouldn't stat scaling adress this?
    It's not important, as we won't equip for AOE DPS. We will, like always, go for most single target dps and this will be mastery > MS > Haste for the moment. And haste will get more problems once we get more haste.

Mastery and haste have good AOE scaling. Maybe haste could become our 2nd best stat at best if EOTE gets buffed.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2014-08-08 at 08:12 PM.