Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deathmatches are fun. they are, but in moderation. if it became a BG people would loathe it, you might think you'll love it but you'll hate it. there is no real objective, the matches will last a long ass time, depending if horde or allies have healers. i mean yeah its pvp slaughter shit. but without some incentive it'll be blacklisted faster then AV and Gorge.

this should be left in moderation once a month or once every few months would be good. but in queue with the rest of the bgs and my own opinion i have formed i say no. keep it from queues.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    Deathmatches are fun. they are, but in moderation. if it became a BG people would loathe it, you might think you'll love it but you'll hate it. there is no real objective, the matches will last a long ass time, depending if horde or allies have healers. i mean yeah its pvp slaughter shit. but without some incentive it'll be blacklisted faster then AV and Gorge.

this should be left in moderation once a month or once every few months would be good. but in queue with the rest of the bgs and my own opinion i have formed i say no. keep it from queues.
    Yet reality is that deathmatches are pretty much one of the most popular online game modes in any game.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post

I'm totally baffled. Why is everyone coming into this thread dictating what everyone likes and wants. Put this BG up and let the numbers speak for themselves. People blacklist BGs because they don't like fighting other players and prefer capping flags and objectives?? Have you ever done a BG? What madness is this? Matches lasting a long time? Slap a realistic reinforcement number on it.

Deleted
    This is not something made to last, just something fun for the fans. WHen I first saw "Tarren Mill vs Southshore" I immideatly went back to the day I (somehow) got to lead the charge on Tarren Mill on my level 30 rogue (Sylvanas). Just overall chaos and fun. Then I read this was a temporary BG to relive such a moment. Great! A 100 v 100 battleground isn't feasable in WoW, and it'll bleed out within a month making queue times impossibly long.

Enjoy it while it lasts or ignore it

Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    You have way better tools in game to make the spells look pretty bland so that's not really a valid argument. People also (for the love of god I hope) have better hardware than what people were running back in 2004. The game is also optimized way better now. If you're lagging set everything to low and you should be able to just about run this game on a potato and have good fps. People should be more than equipped to do 100vs100 if they're willing to lower the gfx down which is usually just shadows/spells/water that cause the most impact. If you can't run it at that point it sounds like you're struggling to play the game in general and I don't understand how they can even raid effectively. Punishing people because someone is still running WoW on a packard bell is non-sense.

I'm not even kidding when I say I have a laptop that's ancient and can run around org on Tichondrius at about 20FPS on the lowest settings.
    At a certain point the game itself can't handle it. I have been apart of world pvp that has crashed the server more then once. 100v100 will certainly push some limits for the few seconds everybody is alive and doing something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I would love it if each player had only one life in the battleground. Would have to think and use tactics instead of going leeroyyy. You die, you get your rewards depending on how many kills you got, and you're out. Can either spectate as a ghost with unlimited view range and wait for the results or leave and requeue. Some bonus objectives to burn houses would be cool too.
    That would be an amazing way to cut bots out of pvp.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Yeah one of the lead guys on an MMO that makes a billion+ dollars a year is clueless. Clearly.

Also, 100v100 > 40v40. Might want to go get checked out for cluelessness yourself?
    does Blizzard actually pay you to come into every thread and defend them?

OT: I don't understand it either, this sounds so much fun and they're gonna remove it again. Screw the people who can't handle 100v100, that's no reason to take away the fun from the rest of us.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2014-08-08 at 08:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    This is not something made to last, just something fun for the fans. WHen I first saw "Tarren Mill vs Southshore" I immideatly went back to the day I (somehow) got to lead the charge on Tarren Mill on my level 30 rogue (Sylvanas). Just overall chaos and fun. Then I read this was a temporary BG to relive such a moment. Great! A 100 v 100 battleground isn't feasable in WoW, and it'll bleed out within a month making queue times impossibly long.

Enjoy it while it lasts or ignore it
    Or...

Lets do what right and most fun for the games future by giving it proper feedback and trying to get included permanently if it's a huge success.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would guess the Tarren Mill vs Southshore thing is intended to be something that gets us back into the saddle of World PvP, and then have Ashran be the new place for it.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    its no different than the darkmoon fair - or holiday events - i dnot see people complaining "herpderp brewfest isnt year around"

people are so greedy - just take it and have fun while it lasts and look forward to it the folowing year.
    Your post lost credibility when you typed herpderp. Just cant take this seriously at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    At a certain point the game itself can't handle it. I have been apart of world pvp that has crashed the server more then once. 100v100 will certainly push some limits for the few seconds everybody is alive and doing something.
    I've been in plenty of battles on a way larger scale than 100v100 and the server won't crash esp when it's instanced off. You do realize Ashran the new pvp zone is going to be 100vs100 yes? You're looking at way more people than that to crash a server. They smashed way more people in to Dalaran in LK than 200 people on a populated server.

I mean if we are following the logic of servers Crashing and People lagging we may as well scrap the entire idea of Ashran because that's exactly what it will be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    I would guess the Tarren Mill vs Southshore thing is intended to be something that gets us back into the saddle of World PvP, and then have Ashran be the new place for it.
    Ashran atm just isn't interesting enough to keep people there and I fear they are not going to make it any better.

They tried to make it like Old AV but have failed pretty hard. I think the zone itself is way to small. You usually just run into a cluster of Horde/Alliance or get graveyard camped. The layout design is pretty awful as well. One of the good things about AVs layout is there is hills and valleys you can run through to flank people. In Ashran there is a center graveyard that people cluster at and it's pretty one dimensional you pretty much just get funneled in.

They need to make huge layout adjustments just to make that place more fun to be in.
    Last edited by lazzy; 2014-08-08 at 04:38 PM.

Deleted
    When the hell did I say I get a Solid 60FPS. Anything over 30 is perfectly playable. Hell I've known people to run around with 20FPS and be perfectly content with it. I promise you I NEVER drop below 30 FPS in WoW on ultra with my shadows turned on medium. Also, if you're on a populated server like Tichondrius or Illiadin you're always surrounded by a shit load of people + NPCs and still i've never dropped below 30 FPS. My 3-4 year old PC running my GTX 460 never drops below 30 fps if i play with the settings in populated areas.

The worst FPS drops I've ever had in WoW was when they cramped well over 200 people in Dalaran and even then i didn't suffer any less than 20FPS.
    To me, anything less than 50 FPS I consider 'FPS issues', I absolutely couldn't play under 40 FPS, I would turn some settings lower or off, but that's just me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think what he's implying is that ultimately it will be fun for a while, but it's intended to be more 'fun' than balanced. Broken things are only fun and novel for so long...
    Look! Words!

I've been in plenty of battles on a way larger scale than 100v100 and the server won't crash esp when it's instanced off. You do realize Ashran the new pvp zone is going to be 100vs100 yes? You're looking at way more people than that to crash a server. They smashed way more people in to Dalaran in LK than 200 people on a populated server.

I mean if we are following the logic of servers Crashing and People lagging we may as well scrap the entire idea of Ashran because that's exactly what it will be.

- - - Updated - - -

Ashran atm just isn't interesting enough to keep people there and I fear they are not going to make it any better.

They tried to make it like Old AV but have failed pretty hard. I think the zone itself is way to small. You usually just run into a cluster of Horde/Alliance or get graveyard camped. The layout design is pretty awful as well. One of the good things about AVs layout is there is hills and valleys you can run through to flank people. In Ashran there is a center graveyard that people cluster at and it's pretty one dimensional you pretty much just get funneled in.

They need to make huge layout adjustments just to make that place more fun to be in.
    As high as 100v100 is not the same as always 100v100. Plenty of servers will never see those numbers the ones that do wont see it often.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Holinka and others seem to think Ashran is awesome, so, perhaps you don't know what you're talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Didacticus Syntacticus View Post
    Holinka and others seem to think Ashran is awesome, so, perhaps you don't know what you're talking about?
    Considering I am in beta I think I have a pretty good grasp on what I think of Ashran. It's nothing special and doesn't even come close to capturing what Old AV felt like. It's just Tol'barad with NPC nothing new.
    Last edited by lazzy; 2014-08-09 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexed View Post
    To me, anything less than 50 FPS I consider 'FPS issues', I absolutely couldn't play under 40 FPS, I would turn some settings lower or off, but that's just me.
    Honestly, totes legit, in games like WoW I have a hard time telling 60fps apart from 30fps. Unless I'm zoomed in to a specific animation and staring, it just doesn't register.
    Blizzard has forgone the route of taking risks with their stories and has decided that
    pandering to the rebellious pre-teen mindset is a safer bet. Thanks Metzen.

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingBreezes View Post
    Honestly, totes legit, in games like WoW I have a hard time telling 60fps apart from 30fps. Unless I'm zoomed in to a specific animation and staring, it just doesn't register.
    If you don't feel the difference with camera movement and control responsivity, I think you should probably visit a doctor. O.o
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Chrus View Post
    Where on earth do you get those queue times? I don't think I've ever been in a queue for more than max 15min. this is both for max level and while leveling. I've never waited for anywhere near 45min, on either alliance nor horde.
    Going online just now, the avg wait time for all the BG's I tried is just about 5min, and I got an AV pop up after being in the queue for just 30sec
    There are countries in this world where you hardly have one busy server of each type. Take EU Italian realms, they have exactly one PvE and one PvP server, I can imagine these take quite a while for every queue. Those are probably the most extreme case currently, but even slightly greater communities tend to struggle outside of weekends (France, Spain, don't know what regions you've got over there in America that aren't US). Sure it's not a problem on servers where the main language is English, doesn't mean the picture is the same everywhere you go.
    Last edited by The Kao; 2014-08-09 at 08:51 AM.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingBreezes View Post
    I would hate to have your reaction time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    There are countries in this world where you hardly have one busy server of each type. Take EU Italian realms, they have exactly one PvE and one PvP server, I can imagine these take quite a while for every queue. Those are probably the most extreme case currently, but even slightly greater communities tend to struggle outside of weekends (France, Spain, don't know what regions you've got over there in America that aren't US). Sure it's not a problem on servers where the main language is English, doesn't mean the picture is the same everywhere you go.
    Merge countries together. They already do with English and Russian.