Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The only thing I could really see them doing is adding a neutral option for players.

They could probably take a few races like draenei, blood elves, pandaren, and maybe another 1 or 2 to make neutral. Neutral storyline would involve those races. Players of those races would be given an option to stay on their current faction or not.

PvP would still be Horde vs. Alliance, neutral people would be mercenaries and fight for whichever side. No reason to redo old quests either, just add a quest at the beginning of old zones to choose a side for that zone. Neutral people could group with horde or alliance, but not both at the same time.

I don't think a full faction would work, especially not one that's at war with the other factions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    The only thing I could really see them doing is adding a neutral option for players.

They could probably take a few races like draenei, blood elves, and goblins to make neutral. Neutral storyline would involve those races.

PvP would still be Horde vs. Alliance, neutral people would be mercenaries and fight for whichever side. No reason to redo old quests either, just add a quest at the beginning of old zones to choose a side for that zone. Neutral people could group with horde or alliance, but not both at the same time.

I don't think a full faction would work, especially not one that's at war with the other factions.
    Who the hell would trust a guy like that? I see your mercenary point, but change it from zone to zone? Makes no sense to me.

4 Factions:

Alliance: Dwarfs Humans Gnomes

Horde: Orcs Trolls Goblins

Cursed: Forsaken Bloodelves Worgen

Blessed: Draenei, Nelves, Tauren.

Pandaren can join the Horde or the Alliance but can't be in the Blessed or Cursed factions
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would have been good in TBC, I remember wanting a third faction when they announced that expansion, having an Illidari faction; Blood Elves, Broken, Naga and Satyr...

But now probably not so much. I don't see any type of faction getting in unless its the Burning Legion which could be fun.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    No. It would become a mess to keep balanced. Everyone would want to play the new faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Who the hell would trust a guy like that? I see your mercenary point, but change it from zone to zone? Makes no sense to me.
    Or, since the old zones all take place in the past, just automatically assign people to the quests of the faction their race was part of at the time. So, for example, a neutral draenei would do all Alliance quests in the past zones and a blood elf would do all Horde quests in the past zones.

Old zones are in the past and whatever new faction/neutral/whatever wouldn't affect what happened in the past.

Deleted
    The only kind of third faction that I could ever see implemented into WoW would be some kind of neutral faction, consisting of the already existing races who have simply given up allegiance to the Horde/Alliance and now work as mercenaries, or simply for the betterment of everyone (much like a multitude of factions that already exist as neutral in the game).

It would be rather interesting really, you would perhaps be able to visit both factions quests and cities, but you wouldn't have access to everything those factions have access to. World PvP wise they would be hostile to both the Horde and the Alliance. Not sure how it would work with groups/guilds/raids though...

No, it would take useful time from the designers. We have enough races/factions.