Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    Just a random thought, do we really lose anything if we told that who we are lovers with?
    Yea I was thinking of suggesting a mass role claim sort of thing. I don't think it would hurt, I don't think it would be all that helpful it would just be kind of a well that's there kind of thing but it won't hurt in any way that I can think of.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    Scum can then target two good players for the price of one.
    Isn't everyone a two player for the price of one deal though? So no matter what, that's going to happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokiefan View Post
    Really only an issue if we don't get a majority lynch, if I'm reading the OP right.
    True, but the mafia could subtly influence us against one person to take out a strong player who is their lover

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Isn't everyone a two player for the price of one deal though? So no matter what, that's going to happen.
    Some players are stronger then others though and scum may target the strongest town pairing for a lynch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    Some players are stronger then others though and scum may target the strongest town pairing for a lynch
    Ah this is a good point, didn't think of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    vote:lora

he seems to be scum as fuck

unvote

so two people die and we dont know our lovers alignment. awesome. there are only two safe teams of townies so we cant afford to mislynch.

vote:arlee

death to the corgis.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

but hey guys, on the positive side we have 50/50 chance of hitting scum!

10+ Year Old Account
    i like how its a guaranteed town win or draw since each mafian is teamed with a townie and town wins when all threats are eliminated and mafia wins when all town are dead. even if we fuck up, we still win or draw unless the mods count everyone being dead as a mafia win.

Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    but hey guys, on the positive side we have 50/50 chance of hitting scum!
    This almost makes dice rolling seem appealing, If I were a gambling man and a table had 50/50 odds I'd be gambling at that table!
    But the very fast loss of townie possibility makes it seem not so appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    death to the corgis.
    How rude!

i like how its a guaranteed town win or draw since each mafian is teamed with a townie and town wins when all threats are eliminated and mafia wins when all town are dead. even if we fuck up, we still win or draw unless the mods count everyone being dead as a mafia win.
    Pretty sure in the situation two mafia with their paired town would be considered a mafia win.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    This almost makes dice rolling seem appealing, If I were a gambling man and a table had 50/50 odds I'd be gambling at that table!
    But the very fast loss of townie possibility makes it seem not so appealing.
    I don't think it's actually a 50/50 chance at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm, I guess it's the difference between pure statistics and reality.
    In reality, not really because mafia are alive to do things and try and random their own lynch.
    Statistically though, it is 50/50.

Don't think so because the mafia wins automatically once we're 50% mafia...

10+ Year Old Account
    So the mafians are paired with townies. Interesting. Well, as far as I'm concerned, this is just meant to be a fun, quick little game. I'm not gonna worry about being too concerned with thinking things through right now, it is just day 1 afterall.

Come, my D8 of destiny, tell me who is scum! Number 8....last on the list, and alphabetically that would be Waker. I guess it's time to try and kill! Mwahahahahahahahaha!
    vote: Waker

Wow rude. I think we talked about how we can't have day 1 and 2 the same way as in a normal game.

10+ Year Old Account
    And how do you suggest we do it? Do you think scum are magically going to slip day 1 when normally they wouldn't because they feel guilty about stabbing their lover in the back? I'm pretty sure you guys are over thinking this one.

- - - Updated - - -

Also....my condolences to whoever is Lora's lover. You got matched up with a madman, regardless of his alignment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    Also....my condolences to whoever is Lora's lover. You got matched up with a madman, regardless of his alignment.
    I approve of this.

It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it... ... gulp.

Quote Originally Posted by Robo
    Come, my D8 of destiny
    Hmmm ... so you included yourself and your partner? Wouldn't a D6 be sufficient? Or maybe you are only picking out of a pool of 4(you know, excluding you, your parter, mafia buddy, mafia buddy's partner), but said D8 for appearances sake.

FoS: Robo

Oh yes, I'm grasping at straws real hard here. But we have practically nothing to go on.

And how do you suggest we do it? Do you think scum are magically going to slip day 1 when normally they wouldn't because they feel guilty about stabbing their lover in the back? I'm pretty sure you guys are over thinking this one.

- - - Updated - - -

Statistically if we don't think at all about who feels scummy, the scums could always lynch town. No exceptions. I don't know if there is any other way than going by the feeling you get/lynch afkers because they give us no way to determine whether they're scum or not. I don't think this is so important in larger games but we can't mislynch twice. We are able to mislynch only once in the whole game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite literally speaking, you're wrong. It's very rare for people to truly think about who is scummy on day 1 in any game, yet on occasion scum are still lynched. If I choose a random person to vote for, I have, as was pointed out, a 50% chance of hitting scum or the lover of scum (since their scummy lover dies too, it's really the same thing). If I happen to hit one of those who we want to hit, and some people say "fine, let's do this" and go along with it, guess what? Scum don't lynch town! What do you know? Scum don't get a townie lynched!

In your response you have misused "No exceptions", if that's not scummy, what is? How about trying to discourage voting overall so that mafia get to kill tonight instead of town lynching, resulting in a literal case of 2 town dying, no exceptions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiefan View Post
    It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it... ... gulp.

Hmmm ... so you included yourself and your partner? Wouldn't a D6 be sufficient? Or maybe you are only picking out of a pool of 4(you know, excluding you, your parter, mafia buddy, mafia buddy's partner), but said D8 for appearances sake.

FoS: Robo

Oh yes, I'm grasping at straws real hard here. But we have practically nothing to go on.
    My die of fate (or destiny in this case) always includes myself and any partners, but if you're so concerned, I would have rerolled if I got myself or my partner...unless of course I wanted to distance myself from my partner. I don't see why I would, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, 50% would only be accurate at 100% random, and as I stated, I would have rerolled if I got myself or my partner, so it's more complicated than that.

2 teams have 1 scum in them, 2 teams are pure town. After being put on a team, I know that 5/7 remaining players are town (since I know I am town already), 2/7 scum and my partner is drawn from that pool. That would make it a 28.6% chance that my partner is scum. Odds are in my favour, but it's far from a sure thing there. If I fall into the category of a double town team (71.4%), then that means I know 2 townies. Two out of 3 teams I could be voting for are scum and the odds of me hitting them are pretty good.

If however I am part of the 28.6%, then only 1 team out of 3 that I vote for are scummy teams, and odds are against me.

Naturally, you can't trust me when I say that I am town, but from my perspective I do know that I am and the math works. Unless of course I've messed up.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course, it's more complex than that, and I'm mostly just rambling at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going for a walk, I'll be back in a couple hours or so.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh boy, I think my math is wrong now....

Every team is guaranteed to have at least 1 town on it, so maybe I should be taking out 3 other townies from the total as they are guaranteed to not be on my team.

2/4 town, 2/4 scum. Woohoo! I've completely invalidated what I was arguing by making it more complicated, which actually in a way simplifies it to a 50% chance of my ally being scum.

Anyway, still voting Waker.

Now I'm going for that walk.

Then, Robo, let's say that all the 6 townies picked their vote 100% random, what are the odds of hitting mafia really? They can easily just "RNG" whoever they want, and in the best case they could just vote on their partner since it's quite probable that the town is lynching a townie.

Statistically we can't even win in the mafia game if town picks their targets with RNG and mafia gets to choose.

Tbh, even tho this is gonna look like a OMGUS vote, I don't agree with RNG on day 1 in this particular game. Robo is saying the exact opposite which makes me feel he could be scum.

Vote: Robo

Deleted
    vote:lora

he seems to be scum as fuck

unvote

so two people die and we dont know our lovers alignment. awesome. there are only two safe teams of townies so we cant afford to mislynch.

vote:arlee

death to the corgis.
    You dont like dogs and throw out the first vote. Please claim cop for the lynch trifecta

Id say if mafia can tie it up then they win otherwise it wouldn't be fair.

I approve of this.
    In fairness it is a good quote.

Anyways opinions: We have to lynch. Then we at least have a voting record and scum cancant obsfucate their actions.
    Waker, Lelly and Hokie seem townie to me. The others are a mixed bag.
    Lora seems suspicious with the first vote out but Lora was born suspicious so thats par for the course for him

People have to remember that you cant trust your partner 100%. They could be manipulating you and you may have to vote for them.

Im going to sleep now but I wont throw out a vote til the morning so hold off voting until like 3 hours before deadline if you can. If you cant because timezones thats cool but take the time to consider the options available
    Last edited by mmoc81024b83e3; 2014-08-11 at 09:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    dat omgus vote

FoS:Waker

Every lynch will result in a townie death. There are two chances for a double town lynch.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw pls dont vote me im cop ok