Deleted
    oh that might be why, I've been playing full haste

- - - Updated - - -

yep, that's it, changed to mastery and got 28-29k. Weird, I though haste was supposed to be way better, but everything into mastery was more than a 10% dps increase over haste.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    oh that might be why, I've been playing full haste

- - - Updated - - -

yep, that's it, changed to mastery and got 28-29k. Weird, I though haste was supposed to be way better, but everything into mastery was more than a 10% dps increase over haste.
    I'm not able to replicate these results. Still got haste ~10%>mastery. You're not abusing the CA glyph bug by any chance? (which could maybe cause such a result?)

On a side note running with 700 haste in a maxed mastery build, it's better to use the CA glyph than not for sure, since you can get at least as many casts of with it than without it.

Deleted
    Well, I am using the glyph because low haste, and therefore the one cast of stellar inside CA don't take a stack unfortunately.

Can't post the log because I only started posting on this forum recently, but I was able to relatively easily maintain 28-29k on a dummy without CA glyph abuse running with a mix of haste/mastery. All the non-shitty haste gear from vender (I believe I swapped 4 pieces from what you spawn with on character creation) + haste enchants, and mastery food/flask.

How exactly are you doing your opener? Are you using a prepot?

Thanks for the dps numbers, at least I know there's still a little ways to go. Some of my max damage numbers aren't 100% lining up, so I think there's a small bug lying around in the code somewhere. Also, if you have a log of yourself doing 27-29k dps I'd love to see it so I can try and make the action list perform like that.

If one of you has a really optimized pvp gear setup for boomkin, can you install this addon into your beta client:

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/simulationcraft

Just install it, make sure it's loaded up (You might have to change the TOC, can't remember) and then while logged in on your boomkin with all the gears equipped, type in the chatbox:

/simc

Press enter, and a giant screen will come up like this:

The text will already be selected, all you have to do is hit ctrl + c, and then ctrl + v it in a code block here.

Example output:
    Code:
    warrior=collisionlevel=100
    race=tauren
    role=attack
    professions=alchemy=600/mining=600
    talents=1313322
    glyphs=bull_rush/unending_rage/death_from_above/
    spec=arms

head=primal_gladiators_plate_helm,id=111241,bonus_id=0,upgrade=0,gem_id=0/0/0/,enchant_id=0
    neck=primal_gladiators_choker_of_cruelty,id=111207,bonus_id=0,upgrade=0,gem_id=0/0/0/,enchant_id=5285
    shoulder=primal_gladiators_plate_shoulders,id=111213,bonus_id=0,upgrade=0,gem_id=0/0/0/,enchant_id=0
    back=primal_gladiators_cloak_of_prowess,id=111206,bonus_id=0,upgrade=0,gem_id=0/0/0/,enchant_id=5281
    chest=primal_gladiators_plate_chestpiece,id=111239,bonus_id=0,upgrade=0,gem_id=0/0/0/,enchant_id=0
    wrist=primal_gladiators_armplates_of_prowess,id=111181,bonus_id=0,upgrade=0,gem_id=0/0/0/,enchant_id=0
    hands=primal_gladiators_plate_gauntlets,id=111210,bonus_id=0,upgrade=0,gem_id=0/0/0/,enchant_id=0
    waist=primal_gladiators_girdle_of_cruelty,id=111174,bonus_id=0,upgrade=0,gem_id=0/0/0/,enchant_id=0
    legs=primal_gladiators_plate_legguards,id=111242,bonus_id=0,upgrade=0,gem_id=0/0/0/,enchant_id=0
    feet=primal_gladiators_warboots_of_cruelty,id=111177,bonus_id=0,upgrade=0,gem_id=0/0/0/,enchant_id=0
    finger1=primal_gladiators_signet_of_cruelty,id=111219,bonus_id=0,upgrade=0,gem_id=0/0/0/,enchant_id=5284
    finger2=primal_gladiators_signet_of_accuracy,id=111272,bonus_id=0,upgrade=0,gem_id=0/0/0/,enchant_id=5284
    trinket1=primal_gladiators_insignia_of_victory,id=111233,bonus_id=0,upgrade=0,gem_id=0/0/0/,enchant_id=0
    trinket2=primal_gladiators_insignia_of_victory,id=111233,bonus_id=0,upgrade=0,gem_id=0/0/0/,enchant_id=0
    main_hand=primal_gladiators_decapitator,id=111202,bonus_id=0,upgrade=0,gem_id=0/0/0/,enchant_id=5330
    I could manually add the gear in, but it's so much easier this way.

People should tell more info about their numbers, like combat time / buffs / bl / potions / talents etc if they dont post logs

Deleted
    I didn't abuse the CA glyph. All tests was done on 660 pvp premade, going as much crit/haste as possible, full raidbuff, using pot on pull but not BL, INC/SFl. multiple 3 min. tests.
    I don't think logs are working on the current beta build, atleast they weren't during the last raid boss tests.
    Last edited by mmoc9d2aef9527; 2014-08-11 at 11:53 AM.

Starfall don't scale with haste. So if you don't use glyph you will get better results with mastery.

And on aoe heavy bosses like Beastmaster Starfall causes so much damage that the usefulness of a haste can be significantly reduced.
    Last edited by Owlkin; 2014-08-11 at 09:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Owlkin View Post
    Starfall don't scale with haste. So if you don't use glyph you will get better results with mastery.

And on aoe heavy bosses like Beastmaster Starfall causes so much damage that the usefulness of a haste can be significantly reduced.
    I said the same for leveling, hardly hardcasting anything right now.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluup View Post
    I got more than 28k with both sotf and inc, full mastery, haste didn't work out that well for me, don't know why :s
    What stats more less did you have? I was testing in Shattrah today and couldn't get anywhere near that. Opener looked promising but then it was dropping drasticly. Tried even different DoT management but didn't seem to make much difference. With all the buffs I had:
    2377 INT
    17,53% crit
    +9,22% haste
    50,80% mastery
    7,29% multistrike
    4,62% versality
    Used a pot, no CA glyph, no hero and my dps was around 16-20k

Has anyone noticed legendary meta procs on beta? I've recently noticed I'm not seeing it. Also, when I was dpsing Shattrah dummies, I haven't seen cloak proc either (but for sure it was there for the leveling time).

im quite sure most people over here are talking about lvl 100 premade chars...

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...-done&source=4
    Falls off slightly due to lag, will try to get more tests in later and pray my screen stops freezing. Junk needs to be fixed already.

660 pvp server
    5788 sp
    18.77 crit
    18.71 haste
    50.91 mastery
    7.83 multistrike
    3.00 versatility

What test lengths are we looking for overall here? I personally think 6-8m tests would be a lot more accurate than 3m, but longer combat = higher chance for screen freezes so not sure.
    Last edited by Gapezilla; 2014-08-11 at 01:23 PM.

How are you supposed to test accurately with the solar-> lunar transition lag?
    Or is this fixed for some people now?

Quote Originally Posted by Dolsonthedruid View Post
    It surely isnt fixed for me, thats why im just doing multiple 3min tests (1x cd's, 1x potion, no bl, raid buffs)

15+ Year Old Account
    That is rather significant haste difference. My char has 588 SoO gear plus few quest rewards atm. Creating a char on 100PvE realm to test dps there.

100 pve realm is for garrison testing or some shit. Make it on 100 pvp, pvp gear in wod is basically just pve gear anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I thinik I'll do that cause I'm already stuck on that PvE realm somewhere :P

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because we're playing on US servers and I'm from EU I put have the default lag tolerance at 400ms, which luckily also counteracts the lag spikes a fair bit .

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    It surely isnt fixed for me, thats why im just doing multiple 3min tests (1x cd's, 1x potion, no bl, raid buffs)
    I'm not a fan of 3min tests though. The initial burst phase will skew the results quite a bit to whatever setup is favorable for that. Like I get thesame results with inc as I do with SotF on a 3min test, while if i keep going till like 8mins SotF definitely comes out ahead on dummies.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...done&source=11
    7min test in shattrath, 2xpot, no bl, ilvl 660 pvp gear, SotF build.

4001int
    18.44% crit 818 rating
    20.26% haste 1453 rating
    48.29% mastery 1953 rating
    10.06% multistrike 334 rating
    3% versatility 0 rating

Interesting point is that with SotF I never dropped below 27k dps on skada.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclous View Post
    I'm not a fan of 3min tests though. The initial burst phase will skew the results quite a bit to whatever setup is favorable for that. Like I get thesame results with inc as I do with SotF on a 3min test, while if i keep going till like 8mins SotF definitely comes out ahead on dummies.
    Neither am I, but after 2min mark I start to get significant lag spikes, at after 4mins its already +3 seconds. tried to do ~10min test but had 10sec lag spike on 8:30mark so stopped there being at 28.5k or so before the spike (same stats as Gapezilla, 2 pots, 3 cd's, SotF build)
    Last edited by lappee; 2014-08-11 at 03:52 PM.

So that's what was driving me crazy? I've only played the moonkin since the last beta build so I thought it was just a buggy build overall. I spent 30 minutes trying to figure out why my screen kept freezing before giving up and just casting through it.