Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    Demonizing half of the population because of their gender is a terrible thing to do, whether you're a man or woman, but way to be a hypocrite.
    I'm not demonizing women. I'm demonizing women that think their opinions matter more than men... which is the majority of women in this thread and the majority of women responding about this topic. I have heard over and over again, that I should shut up because I'm not a woman. Not to derail too much, but the same goes for abortion... women that think they have the right to control their own reproductive rights while completely ignoring that the father helped create the child. Maybe I should have been more specific about which women annoy the hell out of me.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dusselldorf View Post
    It is a feminist issue, plain and simple, regardless of mine or anyone else's comments. If men were able to nurse babies, this would not even be an issue. It's only women that society seeks to cover up and shame, even when doing something that is completely natural and not shameful. Men can walk down the street freely with no shirt for no other reason that it's hot out and no one bats an eye. But a woman partially uncovers her top so her child can feed and all hell breaks loose.
    Because breasts are very different from a man's 'breasts'. In our society breasts are sexualised. That's the difference. It is absolutely NOT a feminist issue, I'm afraid you are just a feminazi.

Alert: I'm a guy.

I don't care if a woman feeds her child in public. Breastfeeding is the best and most natural way. If I notice a woman breastfeeding her child, I don't take issue with it. I don't want to see her breast, so I don't stare. I don't know why anyone would be offended by breastfeeding, yet take no issue with horribly dressed women. You are likely to see more from grocery store magazines than from a mother who is breastfeeding in public.

So, I don't understand what people are getting offended about. Nobody can be "turned on" because of a mother breastfeeding their baby. And if they are, they have issues. The breast has been oversexualized and it is so ridiculous that people are making it an issue.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    Because breasts are very different from a man's 'breasts'. In our society breasts are sexualised. That's the difference. It is absolutely NOT a feminist issue, I'm afraid you are just a feminazi.
    Sexualized or not, breasts are still there, covered or not.

That logic
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by mr-pacwoman View Post
    Probably because people like you would shit all over her for being "indecent"
    Why should it matter what I think. The whole thread has been about me being wrong and them being right. Yet, they are allowing my opinion to influence their actions? Nah, I don't think that is the reason. I stand with the reason being personal shame about breast feeding in public.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez View Post
    I'm gay. I'd much rather never see you at all. Naked or not. Women, in general, annoy the hell out of me. So, why would I want to see them doing something that makes them even more annoying.
    You're a gay man? How can you be this intolerant about something as harmless as a woman breastfeeding? I assume you expect people to be at least tolerant of your homosexual lifestyle, correct? If you don't like it, look away.

I have heard over and over again, that I should shut up because I'm not a woman.
    I might be wrong, but I think they want you to shut up because your stance doesn't pass the scrutiny of sanity, not because you're not a woman.

I love tittys

I fail to see why someone would ban it, except a couple angry sjw's because no man has ever(prolly will never) love them
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

Quote Originally Posted by iggyMG View Post
    Honestly, I think a large majority of people posting in this thread are completely misinformed on how many woman go about breast feeding in public. Most women I know who have breast fed in public have either used a covering of some sort, or even going to the extent to cover their breast with their hand. Please don't try and paint a picture that women are "stripping" as Anchorman said, or "exposing themselves".

I'm trying my best to not be biased here, but obviously God gave women breasts for a reason, it's natural, am i right?
    there is no god. women have breasts to feed babies with. they can do so either beneath a blankie, or with full boobage showing. both are perfectly fine. the world does not belong to people like Anchorman, and who steps out in public is not their decision. if they don't like something they see while in public, its their own duty to go home.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

You realize you're arguing it's not a feminist issue because society treats women differently than men, don't you? Are you seriously using that as an argument???

Deleted
    So, you want to raise a picky lazy child? Really! Maybe you just shouldn't have kids at all. If they are hungry enough they will eat. However, you don't want to allow them to do that because you are to busy teaching them they are the center of the universe. A lesson that is learned young and stays with them FOREVER.
    Oh the Irony....

If I ever have children I'd make sure my partner breastfeeds, and in public if the event arises. That way my child hopefully won't turn out like you.

I'm all for breastfeeding in public, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I also couldn't care less if people walked around naked in public. If I don't like something in public I'll simply ignore it, there is no need for my opinions to determine what people can and can't do in public.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iggyMG View Post
    This just shows how uneducated you are.

/thread

One of the two people arguing on this thread has proved his incompetence. Good day, mmo-champion.
    Well I don't know how to argue with those kind of Oxford-educated, court-room-wooing, poetic arguments.

Care to actually make a point?

Quote Originally Posted by hellosaltygoodness View Post
    perfectly fine. when i was breastfeeding i did it all the time. malls, restaurants, appointment waiting rooms. i couldn't care less if some people have a "moral" problem about the female body. i have to see fat and disgusting old men shirtless all the time, but i don't try to make laws against them.
    Oh, I totally support laws to keep fat and disgusting old men from going around shirtless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on how it's done. As long as the woman is doing it subtly then it's whatever. I remember when I was little a woman started breastfeeding in the middle of the line at McDonalds and my mom got pissed because I pretty much saw everything (I was like 7 at this point). So, go for it, but don't be obnoxious about it. Although can't you bottle it up? Personally I'd bottle some up if I knew I was going out just to avoid stupid situations with stupid people and avoid any possible embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I've seen allot of women wearing shorts so high that it exposes their ass cheeks. I've also seen them wear pants and shorts that have holes in them and show it - fashion, I guess.
    You really did not just help your argument by attempting to compare the too. One is obviously completely indicative of being very low class. Some stupid woman in a program for helping with job searches showed up to a mock interview (after being told to dress exactly how you would if you were going to an interview) with sweat pants that said bootylicious across the but. She was there because she "couldn't find a job."

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    You're a gay man? How can you be this intolerant about something as harmless as a woman breastfeeding? I assume you expect people to be at least tolerant of your homosexual lifestyle, correct? If you don't like it, look away.
    Looking away doesn't actually work as good as it sounds in theory. In order to know to look away it means you must first see something, and one look is enough to disturb you.

List of things that are also...natural: nudity, burping, farting, scratching certain parts, etc... They're all natural, so why shouldn't they be allowed in public? Just because it's legal to do, doesn't mean it doesn't disturb other people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dusselldorf View Post
    You realize you're arguing it's not a feminist issue because society treats women differently than men, don't you? Are you seriously using that as an argument???
    Oh. My. God.

No, society does NOT treat women differently in this regard. Genitalia aside, women have ONE body part that men do not have; this ONE body part is sexualised in our culture. It's only to do with one body part, not the way we treat women. THAT's why women don't parade them about in public, it's NOTHING TO DO WITH FEMINISM.

Seriously, stop it. People like you are the reason why real feminism is rapidly losing respect in our society.

Newsflash! No one has the right to not be disturbed. In fact, disturbed individuals have the *responsibility* to see help for their issues.

I'm fine with it but if your not discrete be ok with prudes and perverts staring. I would prefer if they didn't do it in restaurant dining areas for sanitary reasons just like I would prefer it if diabetics wouldn't test their blood at the tables either.

The "its natural" argument is completely stupid tho, there are tons of natural things humans do that we don't do in public for various reasons. nudity is natural are you ok with people running around naked? Sex is natural are you ok with 2 people fucking in the middle of a park? Going to the bathroom is natural but is it ok for someone to squat over a rain gutter and take a shit? Theres no sanitary concerns because its going directly into the sewers.