Poll: Gold Tank: too easy or too hard?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I run out of mana by wave 5, even if I don't try to top everyone off. I even LoH Oto during that very wave, but he just keeps dropping.
    Hang on, just to make sure are you stuck on getting past Bronze healing as Prot for the 'You're Doing it Wrong' achievement? Or are you Holy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    Hang on, just to make sure are you stuck on getting past Bronze healing as Prot for the 'You're Doing it Wrong' achievement? Or are you Holy?
    I'm trying healer challenge as holy. Already got You're Doing it Wrong.
    I go in using spirit flask + food since I run out of mana. The main problem is Oto dropping like he was made of paper. I use Hand of Sacrifice (glyphed) when he's getting heavy beating but it doesn't seem to work. After a LoH he's already at 50% again. I just can't keep up with him.

Deleted
    Wait, you sure you're in intellect gear? Because it's either this or I don't even want to know what.

10+ Year Old Account
    One-shot gold, then proceeded to 3-shot endless 30. Current record is ~49. It's not hard at all.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Gold is easy I'm afraid; Endless 30 is where the real fun begins and where you start coming up with little tricks here and there to save cds/live longer. Then again, I've done endless 30 on 4/5 tank classes so there's that :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I'm trying healer challenge as holy. Already got You're Doing it Wrong.
    I go in using spirit flask + food since I run out of mana. The main problem is Oto dropping like he was made of paper. I use Hand of Sacrifice (glyphed) when he's getting heavy beating but it doesn't seem to work. After a LoH he's already at 50% again. I just can't keep up with him.
    Its been a while but here goes:

For mana make good use of Divine Plea, use it earlier so it comes off cooldown in the later waves. I also used glyph of illumination for a small mana return on holy shock and glyph of divinity for a mana return from loh. To be honest I needed mana more than the use of loh as a 'oh shit' button.

Talents I chose Clemency for an extra Hand of Sacrifice and Holy Avenger for a burst healing cooldown. If Oto is dropping hard try CC'ing one of the adds with Hammer of Justice and popping Guardian of Ancient Kings.

Thats all I have. Hope it helps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nynula View Post
    Wait, you sure you're in intellect gear? Because it's either this or I don't even want to know what.
    Ahah, yes, I'm in intellect gear. I just suck at everything that isn't dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Hupriest View Post
    Gold is easy I'm afraid; Endless 30 is where the real fun begins and where you start coming up with little tricks here and there to save cds/live longer. Then again, I've done endless 30 on 4/5 tank classes so there's that :P.
    I used said tricks during gold (like using the mantids' knockback to run the hell away from the enemies, or popping Speed of Light on enraged Conquerors to leave other enemies behind). I think Endless Tank will always be a myth to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    Its been a while but here goes:

For mana make good use of Divine Plea, use it earlier so it comes off cooldown in the later waves. I also used glyph of illumination for a small mana return on holy shock and glyph of divinity for a mana return from loh. To be honest I needed mana more than the use of loh as a 'oh shit' button.

Talents I chose Clemency for an extra Hand of Sacrifice and Holy Avenger for a burst healing cooldown. If Oto is dropping hard try CC'ing one of the adds with Hammer of Justice and popping Guardian of Ancient Kings.

Thats all I have. Hope it helps.
    Thanks mon! I believe I have those glyphs on. Gonna check as soon as I can and tell ya how it goes.

- - - Updated - - -

I... I forgot to put Eternal Flame on my bars. Did bronze with 50% mana left, just used a Divine Plea and everyone had above 50% hp.

I think I'll just go hide in a corner now...

- - - Updated - - -

...also oneshot Silver challenge and halfway through gold.

You can grab a stone each and get in the queue to throw it at me now...
    Last edited by Lord Pebbleton; 2014-08-11 at 10:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I one shot Bronze, Silver and Gold as Brewmaster and only took a few attempts to get my tank endless 30 title, but I think brewmaster has a fairly easy time in PG content compared to paladins. Getting all 3 titles did give me a few tense moments though, the healer challenge got very scary at times and the DPS endless was fairly tight as a windwalker.

Funny enough I blew threw Endless 30+ as a dps and healer, however I can't even do gold as a tank on my monk or warrior. I'd prefer to get it done on my monk, but it seems I just get overwhelmed so fast towards the end. Anyone have a good guide for Monk tanks in PG?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gold is not meant to be difficult on any role. It just tests if you know how to press buttons. If you want a challenge then do endless. I got my titles on a disc, bm monk, and lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Funny enough I blew threw Endless 30+ as a dps and healer, however I can't even do gold as a tank on my monk or warrior. I'd prefer to get it done on my monk, but it seems I just get overwhelmed so fast towards the end. Anyone have a good guide for Monk tanks in PG?
    Kite through fire
    Last edited by Illiterate; 2014-08-12 at 12:08 PM.

Cant say gold was too hard, but definetly not walk in park like bronze and silver. I would call it medium difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Kite through fire
    Don't know wasn't necessary for me at least not for only 30 where it seemed enough to keep shuffle up and don't stand in shit.

-I followed Noxxic for gems and enchants (maybe the only right thing I did)
    Nope /10memez

So what would you guys rank the various tanks from easiest to hardest? There seems to be a lot of agreement that Pally is the hardest, but what about the other four?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks to Dotcha and everyone else for the tips.
    Okay, I grabbed two spirit-on-use trinkets and had barely enough mana to complete gold healing challenge. I don't think I'll be getting Endless any time soon..

Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    So what would you guys rank the various tanks from easiest to hardest? There seems to be a lot of agreement that Pally is the hardest, but what about the other four?
    Judging from what I found online, it looks like paladins have the most trouble with scaling, and so aren't as effective as other classes at anything. It was a struggle to stay alive in gold tank, and a struggle to save mana in gold healer. Didn't attempt Endless dps as I have that achievement already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Don't know wasn't necessary for me at least not for only 30 where it seemed enough to keep shuffle up and don't stand in shit.
    not necessary but makes it easier

Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    monk/bear > dk > war/pally
    Last edited by Illiterate; 2014-08-13 at 03:32 AM.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    As a seasoned Paladin tank, I was able to get Gold but had some difficulties with it. I cleared it a while ago so I don't remember if I was gearing for Mastery back then or Haste. I remember consistently have trouble with the last wave. I looked up some guides and people were saying that you actually have the kite the boss around. That blew my mind. As a tank, when do you ever have to kite a boss around the room?
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

People have actually failed proving grounds gold? I got it on all three toons on multiple specs that I've barely even played. Lol..

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    As a seasoned Paladin tank, I was able to get Gold but had some difficulties with it. I cleared it a while ago so I don't remember if I was gearing for Mastery back then or Haste. I remember consistently have trouble with the last wave. I looked up some guides and people were saying that you actually have the kite the boss around. That blew my mind. As a tank, when do you ever have to kite a boss around the room?
    Garrosh...?

I put hard, but only because wave 10 hit annoyingly hard and I had a few instances of all avoidance failing and me just falling over. The rest of it was pretty simple.

I did endless 30 on my monk for all three specs, and I found the tanking one to be the hardest by a decent bit. Healing wasn't difficult, just a matter of memorizing when to hit which cooldown, and dps was a joke.