I found out where my fuckup was, I forgot the baseline 30% eclipse damage. XD

29.8k average dps with a fully enchanted/buffed moonkin equipped in that 660 pvp stuff.

95% of sim dps results ranged from 28.7--->31.0k. If you want to look at the report for moonkin and give me some feedback:

http://downloads.simulationcraft.org...4.html#player5

Obviously bugs still exist in game and in sim, but everything except windwalkers should be relatively accurate at this point.

I still need to tweak the celestial alignment rotation a little, because it's doing this occasionally:

Last edited by CollisionTD; 2014-08-14 at 09:56 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is this with the old or new flasks/enchants because I don't think I'm making ~30k on the dummies anymore.
    edit:
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gpAN1QKYRC6wT7jD/
    28k dps played pretty much perfect (with how i think to play singletarget) except that I misclicked a moonfire before CA on pull
    3min, 1 pot, no lust, SotF, 6036 sp, 18.44% crit, 18.38% haste, 37.99% mastery, 10.06% ms, 3% versa
    Last edited by Miraclous; 2014-08-14 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclous View Post
    Is this with the old or new flasks/enchants because I don't think I'm making ~30k on the dummies anymore.
    edit:
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gpAN1QKYRC6wT7jD/
    28k dps played pretty much perfect (with how i think to play singletarget) except that I misclicked a moonfire before CA on pull
    3min, 1 pot, no lust, SotF, 6036 sp, 18.44% crit, 18.38% haste, 37.99% mastery, 10.06% ms, 3% versa
    Forgot to mention that the simulation included bloodlust, I turned it off and it's reporting 28.5k~. That's about spot-on.

Theres still some ~minor things i'd change on the actions list, well rather deepen some of the actions but nothing too significant since my tests turn out to be around the same range. Gotta log some of them

Edit: logged 2 pulls, its too early to do more atm
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...661&end=461643
    Thats the best i got, with some goodish rng on crits (compared to the other one) on average around 28.2k on those two pulls
    Stats with Shattrath raid buffs (used treants on these test, since sims use them too)
    Crit: 18.77%
    Haste: 14.73%
    Mastery: 44.22%
    MS: 7.83%
    Versa: 3%
    Last edited by lappee; 2014-08-15 at 04:28 AM.

So they still aren't even close to tuning treant damage properly? there was a small buff last build to them iirc. I really wish these worked off mastery so there would be some gameplay value to using them in solar. But logic is hard for Blizzard and we can't have nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolsonthedruid View Post
    So they still aren't even close to tuning treant damage properly? there was a small buff last build to them iirc. I really wish these worked off mastery so there would be some gameplay value to using them in solar. But logic is hard for Blizzard and we can't have nice things.
    That was to Feral treants IIRC. That, or Guardian treants. Ours scale from SP, not AP, for obvious reasons.

I don't really see the logic in seperate beings benefitting from our Eclipse, though, although i think they should at least somehow scale with mastery, even if it is a simple +x% damage.

May I ask what addon you are using for the Beta to track Eclipse? Originally I just wanted to move it from the top left corner under my character like I have on Live but I remember some of you talking about a new circular one that represents the sine wave much cleaner than the standard bar.

Is it the Moonkin Eclipse Bar Weak Aura or was it another one?
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2014-08-15 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    Theres still some ~minor things i'd change on the actions list, well rather deepen some of the actions but nothing too significant since my tests turn out to be around the same range. Gotta log some of them

Edit: logged 2 pulls, its too early to do more atm
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...661&end=461643
    Thats the best i got, with some goodish rng on crits (compared to the other one) on average around 28.2k on those two pulls
    Stats with Shattrath raid buffs (used treants on these test, since sims use them too)
    Crit: 18.77%
    Haste: 14.73%
    Mastery: 44.22%
    MS: 7.83%
    Versa: 3%
    Yeah, looks like our results are nearly the same. Good enough to at least start looking into stat relationships...

Character stats

Reforge plot of haste/mastery.

Mastery -----------------------------> Haste

Reforge plot of haste/multistrike
    Multistrike -------------------------------------> Haste

Crit/Haste Reforge
    Haste ---------------------------------------------------------> Crit
    Take note, the axis was flipped and now "More haste" is on the left side.

Crit/Multistrike reforge

Crit/Mastery reforging

It appears that the secondary stat "priority" is something like...

10-12%~ Haste > 12%~ Crit > Mastery > Crit > 15%~ Haste > Multistrike > Haste > Versatility

:Edit: Holy crap there's a lot of interaction with stats... I might have to bust out a 3d-plot.
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2014-08-16 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    10-12%~ Haste > 12%~ Crit > Mastery > Crit > 15%~ Haste > Multistrike > Haste > Versatility

:Edit: Holy crap there's a lot of interaction with stats... I might have to bust out a 3d-plot.
    Interaction was forseeable with how sine wave works, however i'd still take those numbers with a grain of salt.

btw, is it possible to work on the actionlist with dot duration remaining (in seconds) rather than ticks remaining? I'd like to try trimming it a little bit to see if i can get the results higher (I'd also need the lates beta simcraft, cant seem to find it on the page)
    Last edited by lappee; 2014-08-16 at 02:11 AM.

Interaction was forseeable with how sine wave works, however i'd still take those numbers with a grain of salt.

btw, is it possible to work on the actionlist with dot duration remaining (in seconds) rather than ticks remaining? I'd like to try trimming it a little bit to see if i can get the results higher (I'd also need the lates beta simcraft, cant seem to find it on the page)
    http://downloads.simulationcraft.org/?C=M;O=D

I have a script that uploads a new version every day... it'll usually be the top download there. We aren't quite ready to put up a download link on the main page yet, as some specs (windwalker) are completely broken.

Yeah, it'd be better to change it to duration, since dot extension mechanics work based on duration, not ticks.

actions.single_target+=/stellar_flare,if=ticks_remain<4
    and
    actions.single_target+=/stellar_flare,if=remains<8
    and
    actions.single_target+=/stellar_flare,if=dot.stellar_flare.remains<8

Will be roughly equivalent with 0 haste.
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2014-08-17 at 10:37 AM.

Also is there a way to get the time it takes for eclipse to change (aka time till 0 eclipse energy) or do i have to math it out in the actionlist? :/

Also is there a way to get the time it takes for eclipse to change (aka time till 0 eclipse energy) or do i have to math it out in the actionlist? :/
    Yep! I kind of overdid it on the expressions... I'm going to remove the ones that are worthless closer to WoD.

eclipse_change<5
    #Less than 5 seconds until 0 eclipse

eclipse_max<3
    #Less than 3 seconds until lunar or solar max. Returns 0 when balance bar is at 100/-100.

lunar_max<3
    solar_max<3
    #Less than 3 seconds until that specific max.

eclipse_dir.lunar
    eclipse_dir.solar
    #Returns true/false based on what direction you are currently going.

If you turn on debug:

It'll spit out a file in the folder named simc_log.txt, and in that you'll find this line:

1.390 Eclipse Position: 22.742442 Eclipse Direction: 1.000000 Time till next Eclipse Change: 18.610000 Time to next lunar 6.637468 Time to next Solar 26.637468 Time Till Maximum Eclipse: 6.637468

It's only there for debugging, but it could be helpful.
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2014-08-16 at 05:17 AM.

I'll be attempting a super-Eclipse Bar via WeakAuras this weekend. Hope to include a few indicators, such as the Peak Eclipse buff, and Stellar Flare timing.

Anything else worth adding/looking into?
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

Given that they're starting tuning now, they'll be obsolete within a week anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    I'll be attempting a super-Eclipse Bar via WeakAuras this weekend. Hope to include a few indicators, such as the Peak Eclipse buff, and Stellar Flare timing.

I used to love DocsDebugRunes because it was a tiny addon that showed me all the most pertinent and important info - Rune status, debuffs (Frost Fever, Blood Plague) and Sudden Doom/Howling Blast/Killing Machine procs. Something like that for Balance would be amazing.

I'd rather have a time based eclipse bar over energy based one. (no idea how we'd get one working properly, since game only gives us eclipse energy up to 100 instead of 105 that is the peak of sine wave... sure we can just make a pure timer but it can get screwed by AC )

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    snip
    I'd like to see starsurge charges and eclipse energy in sample sequence table, is it possible to get them there? would make it way easier to track on whats going on.
    And is there a command for getting starsurge charge timer?
    Last edited by lappee; 2014-08-16 at 04:21 PM.

@lappee
    For the pure timer, we could manually import the formulas for SWE:

MAX(-100,MIN(100,105*SIN(T*PI()/20)))
    MAX(-100,MIN(100,-105*SIN(T*PI()/20)))

But I don't know a "good solution" to the issues caused be AC, aside from tacking on 0.3sec worth of time every 0.10sec channeling AC.

Deleted
    Lappee thoughts on Boomy thus far? Is it looking better than mop and does it look like it can compete for top rankings? Ive always played warlock but ive been watching hotted stream wod boomy quite a bit and it is looking a lot nicer to play for sure.

I'd rather have a time based eclipse bar over energy based one. (no idea how we'd get one working properly, since game only gives us eclipse energy up to 100 instead of 105 that is the peak of sine wave... sure we can just make a pure timer but it can get screwed by AC )

- - - Updated - - -

I'd like to see starsurge charges and eclipse energy in sample sequence table, is it possible to get them there? would make it way easier to track on whats going on.
    And is there a command for getting starsurge charge timer?

action.starsurge.recharge_time<3

I can add in starsurge charges to the sample table, I'll just hack in a buff that returns the current amount of charges available. Eclipse Energy will be a little more difficult, but I think I can do it by disabling mana from showing up there and telling it that eclipse is the primary resource. I'll try and add it in sometime today.

- - - Updated - - -

@lappee
    For the pure timer, we could manually import the formulas for SWE:

MAX(-100,MIN(100,105*SIN(T*PI()/20)))
    MAX(-100,MIN(100,-105*SIN(T*PI()/20)))

But I don't know a "good solution" to the issues caused be AC, aside from tacking on 0.3sec worth of time every 0.10sec channeling AC.
    You can do something similar to how I fixed that in simc. In order to save a lot of cpu cycles, I don't have eclipse energy updating every 0.01 seconds, I only have it updating when it's necessary to update it. There's a variable that tracks the current time, the "Balance time", and the last time that eclipse energy was updated. Eclipse energy is updated everytime an ability deals damage, or when the action list checks to see if an ability needs to be executed.

So, when astral communion is triggered, I immediately force-update eclipse energy to get the last update before AC does anything. While AC is up, this is what happens... say it's 60 seconds in and the last time it was updated was around 59.7 seconds.

x = 60 - 59.7
    x = 0.3

if astral communion is up
    0.3 * 3 = 0.9

balance_time + x = 59.7 + 0.9 = 60.6

Instead of using the current time to calculate the eclipse energy, I use balance time. Balance time is only there to take time accelerating factors into account, so it also works with euphoria.

eclipse_amount = 105 * sin( 2 * M_PI * balance_time / timespan_t::from_millis( 40000 ) );

As soon as astral communion fades, I force-update balance energy again. Similarly, when celestial alignment is used, I force updates when it is triggered and when it fades... but while the buff is currently up, I have a condition added that doesn't update balance_time.

I have never done anything with lua, but you can probably copy some of the code I have:

https://code.google.com/p/simulation...?name=wod#7115

balance_expressions is the section that calculates time till next lunar, time till 0 eclipse, etc.
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2014-08-16 at 10:16 PM.

I'm trying to add "Time to next Eclipse" using Lua and it's more-so the text editor, in-game, not liking my code. So I'll try to add it later. But for now, most of my time today was spent learning WA's structure. And now that's pretty much gtg.

Here's what I have so far.
    http://imgur.com/OYIuIvV

@Collision
    Thank you for the source code link
    Last edited by Cyous; 2014-08-17 at 01:17 AM.