Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marcackermann86 View Post
    so then its not really that far off when you look at the average price the US plays. Everyone just about pays at least $16 with taxes. i can understand the frustration though.
    It is an odd move. for a game that is losing subs each quarter and getting pretty old , they should be trying to attract new players. Raising the price to higher than other MMO's wont achieve that. It seems pretty defeatist when lowering the sub is more likely to generate more players/keep players longer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    That's a slippery slope you start on when you start letting companies take more and more without kicking up a fuss.

I did quit.
    Blizzard have had the same price for 10 years despite inflation, I cannot name many companies that can say the same.

Deleted
    Seems like they're just trying to keep as many people subbed as they can with reoccurring subscription, Dave Kosak's probably celebrating with a game of americlap.

Certainly seems counter productive though when next gen MMOs like Archeage are going to be F2P.
    Last edited by mmoce9fe1e7ffd; 2014-08-15 at 06:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogedai View Post
    Because everyone unhappy lives of their parents. Condescending dick. If you have nothing constructive to say don't speak
    Truth hurts.

That's a slippery slope you start on when you start letting companies take more and more without kicking up a fuss.

I did quit.
    Uhm it's called inflation. Frankly I'm shocked that there has not been a more significant price hike by this point considering how long the game has been out for.

Deleted
    I agree on the whole principal thing, I saw the blue post just after it was posted and was really annoyed at first. I've thought about it now and decided that for what I get out of wow when I do play (currently unsubbed) it's more than worth the price so I can deal with it. I doubt it will take any part in the decision of whether I will start playing again or not in WoD, although I would start playing just beforehand so I'd be paying the current price anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    They already increased all the pound sterling prices for services and shop items a few weeks back to reflect currency rates. No one should be surprised by the fact they are giving the same treatment to the sub fee.

They're not increasing the price in Euros, they're just increasing the UK price because they think we are paying too little given how close the conversion rates have been.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not thrilled about it, but given the fact that money is constantly losing value, when was the last time Blizzard put the price up?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Blizzard have had the same price for 10 years despite inflation, I cannot name many companies that can say the same.
    Games generally haven't gone up in prices in spite of the massive cumulative effects of inflation over time. Even console games remain pretty cheap when you account for the effects of money supply inflation. Well, with the exception of collectors editions. These have spiked in pricing.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

I'm not going to lie, this news pissed me off. Why on earth do Blizzard think it's acceptable to do this after adding no new content to the game for 14 months when numerous other MMO's have avoided increasing the price for UK players? It's just blatant milking as has seemingly become the norm. They did this not long ago to the paid services which were already pretty overpriced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    yes but you realise the prices of everything goes up right? food electricity gas petrol VAT rent etc etc.

soon £12 a year on 1 thing is £1000 across the board, it's never good news to hear price increases.
    Maybe if you lived in wonderland you could have that amount of short term inflation of costs, but not in reality.

Life is expensive, everyone knows that, but then again, how much is that £1 going to hurt you really?

They even give you the same price from now till 23/11/2016. I don't think that's worth the complaining.

Chances you have quit in the next 2 years is pretty high looking at the amount of people quitting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    I'm not going to lie, this news pissed me off. Why on earth do Blizzard think it's acceptable to do this after adding no new content to the game for 14 months when numerous other MMO's have avoided increasing the price for UK players? It's just blatant milking as has seemingly become the norm. They did this not long ago to the paid services which were already pretty overpriced.
    Hey there, sexy.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    They already increased all the pound sterling prices for services and shop items a few weeks back to reflect currency rates. No one should be surprised by the fact they are giving the same treatment to the sub fee.

They're not increasing the price in Euros, they're just increasing the UK price because they think we are paying too little given how close the conversion rates have been.
    The £ keeps gaining strength against both the Euro and the Dollar. Its a money grab to try and balance the Pound vs Euro issue. which is only going to end badly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    Not thrilled about it, but given the fact that money is constantly losing value, when was the last time Blizzard put the price up?

- - - Updated - - -

Games generally haven't gone up in prices in spite of the massive cumulative effects of inflation over time. Even console games remain pretty cheap when you account for the effects of money supply inflation. Well, with the exception of collectors editions. These have spiked in pricing.
    Console prices used to be 29.99 10 years ago, now it's over 59.99 for most. Yeah they definitely haven't gone up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazori View Post
    Console prices used to be 29.99 10 years ago, now it's over 59.99 for most. Yeah they definitely haven't gone up.
    I'm sure they've always floated around in the £40.00 range.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Bollocks, I remember when £30 got you a brand new AAA game.

Hey there, sexy.
    My interest is piqued.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Bollocks, I remember when £30 got you a brand new AAA game.
    Yeah - and collector's editions used to be about £40 - £60 not too long ago and now they're typically £100 on average.

Deleted
    Bad idea, and timing couldn't be worse
    I know its only a small thing
    And i never complain about what blizzard does since its their game and if i dont like it that much stop playing i guess
    But when they want more money from me, and since their has been no content for god knows how long, i find it hard to justify

Woah what the fuck?

14 months no content, a more expensive expansion pack release, and now they're increasing the price of subs.

What the hell is going on?
    I really don't know what you're crying about, the rest of europe currently pays 65,94€ for a 6-month subscription. This equals to 52,90GBP (as of today).
    So even after the change you are still paying less than in €.

WAIT WAHT?! THEY INCREASED THE PRICE OF 10 YEAR OLD PRODUCT?! Someone need to burn for this.

On the other hand, this happens with EVERY thing you buy, remember that gasoline price 10 years ago? Yeeah, kinda increased more than £1 or what the increase was now. Heck, even the milk is rather expensive now compared to 10 years ago! Same with your salary! This is mindblowing! Put all the salaries and prices back to what they where 10 years ago or we'll start an revelution!

/s
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogedai View Post
    The £ keeps gaining strength against both the Euro and the Dollar. Its a money grab to try and balance the Pound vs Euro issue. which is only going to end badly
    At current rates today 12.99 euro is £10.42. Considering we're only paying £8.99 right now, I don't think putting it up to £9.99 is unfair.