Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    That's a slippery slope you start on when you start letting companies take more and more without kicking up a fuss.

I did quit.
    Yeah because complaining about something works. /facepalm

Stop crying.. you will still pay less than the rest of Europe.

The Pound has been gaining strength over the Euro through 2014 and 9.99 better reflects what mainland European customers are currently paying, £9.99 is currently around 12.45 euro. It's like £12 more a year on a basic subscription (if you cancel your sub) and quite easy / unnecessary to accommodate I've paid more than £10 for a single cocktail.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Only if you stay subbed for that entire 2 years...
    I think what it says is that as long as your recurring payment is set at whatever interval predating the WoD launch, you'll pay that price.

If you cancel the recurring payment and then resub, you'll pay the new price.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    And do you know where Blizzard from 10 years ago would be right now if they didn´t change ? most likely gone for a few years.

Its called adapt to new times or die.
    I don't think fighting for every single customer they can earn would make them gone. Now they don't care, they see it now that even without effort to release expansions faster they still have brainless followers to pay them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juinichi View Post
    Just because someone disagrees with you does not make them stupid nor brainless. If you want to tell people to get over it, I suggest you follow your own advice first.
    It's a game.
    They set what they think is a fair market price for their subscription model, and if people keep subscribing, mission accomplished.
    If you're really that up-in-arms over the whole thing, write them a letter or e-mail. I mean, if you use a recurring subscription, you keep the same price for two years. That's two years of a lower sub than the rest of the EU. Pretty sweet deal, when they could just say no, you pay up now or you don't play.
    Totally this...

You brits still pay lower than rest of whole eu, why are you so mad at this price increase that REST OF WHOLE EU already is paying?! :S
    You make me exhausted in my brain...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazori View Post
    It does, too well sometimes.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Deleted
    Brittish logic: We pay less for sub in EU, get a price increase and still pay less than EU --> Complain

Dat logic brits... dat bloody logic

Deleted
    i wonder how many people on here bitching about the new price smoke, drink, or both?
    maybe have 2 less packs a month, or maybe a few less beers & there's your money there & then.
    next....

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Now the real question.
    If they increased the price in UK....what stops them to increase it other countrys.
    because they are adjusting the price, the exchange rates changed over the years.

let's take a look at the rate when wow was released on feb 11, 2005: Euro:GBP 1:0,6876

so 65,94€ were 45,34GBP back then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    It does, too well sometimes.
    Give some examples. And don't come with less than billion revenue companies, I wanna see big companies/multinationals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lyandria View Post
    Totally this...

You brits still pay lower than rest of whole eu, why are you so mad at this price increase that REST OF WHOLE EU already is paying?! :S
    You make me exhausted in my brain...
    Why would we be happy with a price increase just because you are paying more. your logic is flawed. Also not our fault you pay with a weak ass currency

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    i wonder how many people on here bitching about the new price smoke, drink, or both?
    maybe have 2 less packs a month, or maybe a few less beers & there's your money there & then.
    next....
    Or don't smoke or drink at all for a month!

You had to pay less than the rest of EU for years, though. 9,99 pounds is still less than what i have to pay for a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Russia, we have option to buy 6-month timecards for mere 1794 rub (that's roughly 39.8 euro).

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    indeed, why isn't the US sub going up to $16.67, thats what £9.99 gets you.
    Because the cost of maintaining the US servers vs EU servers is different.

Not to mention EU/UK Customer Service reps probably have to know about 5 more languages than NA, which is where a lion's share of the sub money goes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogedai View Post
    Why would we be happy with a price increase just because you are paying more. your logic is flawed. Also not our fault you pay with a weak ass currency
    Weak ass currency? I'm paying in Swedish money, not Euro, but blizz forcing us to pay with Euro.

Learn your facts before opening your mouth, at least know what currency countries have in europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazori View Post
    Erm yes it does

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Hmm, though, fear not if you have taken the cheaper option to sign for a renewing subscription.

Not sure if others has caught on to it but if you are a subscribing customer, you're safe for 2 years.
    Someone do the math:

If they don't release new content during the last 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, or 15 months of those 2 years, is the renewing subscription really a better deal?

Seems more like they're attempting to come up with a deterrent to keep the money-wise amongst their players from unsubscribing when they can't manage to release new content.
    Last edited by Dispersedshadow; 2014-08-15 at 06:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    Because the cost of maintaining the US servers vs EU servers is different.

Not to mention EU/UK Customer Service reps probably have to know about 5 more languages than NA, which is where a lion's share of the sub money goes.
    the lions share... yeh im sure blizz are paying $40mill on customer support.. lmfao