Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    That is harsh considering they have let us all spend 14 months with no new content.

If there was regular, good content then I can understand a price increase but this is a bitter pill to swallow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazori View Post
    Give some examples. And don't come with less than billion revenue companies, I wanna see big companies/multinationals.
    Any one of the big banks. Argos. Amazon. They bend over backwards if your complaint is perceived to be valid. Blizzard is also very responsive to complaints. Why would you think that they don't? Because they dismiss complaints without merit? And why should it be limited to companies with more than that amount of revenue? Complaining can work exquisitely well, particularly the more people that do it. I know being cynical is very hip but you'd be very wrong in thinking large companies don't care about complaints.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Hey! They need to feed their families, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Exactly. So to keep the current price for that 2 years, you have to remain subscribed for the entirety of it.
    It's still a very long time at the same price though, I've rarely seen companies raise their prices from so far ahead and certainly not giving you a 2 year duration at the lower price point. Unless it's with contracted things like internet and such, but even they never give you 2 years, even if you've been customer for a decade.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HavocPrime View Post
    That is harsh considering they have let us all spend 14 months with no new content.

If there was regular, good content then I can understand a price increase but this is a bitter pill to swallow.
    Read the thread and you will notice the price increase will come with WoD... -.- sigh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    Any one of the big banks. Argos. Amazon. They bend over backwards if your complaint is perceived to be valid. Blizzard is also very responsive to complaints. Why would you think that they don't? Because they dismiss complaints without merit? And why should it be limited to companies with more than that amount of revenue? Complaining can work exquisitely well, particularly the more people that do it.
    Did amazon changed back prices to what? Products? Or their service costs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispersedshadow View Post
    Someone do the math:

If they don't release new content during the last 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, or 15 months of those 2 years, is the renewing subscription really a better deal?

Seems more like they're attempting to come up with a deterrent to keep the money-wise amongst their players from unsubscribing when they can't manage to release new content.
    OR, and hear me out here.... They want to make Europe pay about the same amount.

Srsly, how poor are brits that can't afford 1 pound increase?! I feel sorry for brits

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lyandria View Post
    Weak ass currency? I'm paying in Swedish money, not Euro, but blizz forcing us to pay with Euro.

Learn your facts before opening your mouth, at least know what currency countries have in europe.
    You have to pay in Euros.. a weak ass currency.. so your whole argument is a fail. You are still paying in Euro after a conversion from SEK. If SEK is weaker than the pound (which it is even after todays dip) then your still paying with a weak ass currency, converted into another weak ass currency

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Only if you stay subbed for that entire 2 years...
    Well, you don't bind to a contract of 2 years, it is a maximum of 2 years. The new prices only seem to slice at the people who is already at an expensive choice of paying game time, sadly.

Though, 9.99 pounds, still cheaper than 12.99 euro as I pay (At todays exchange rate). I find this a little odd to the strike, I mean, this much aggressive reaction for a product that is more expensive other places.

And I don't really think this is a 'pay for more because we say' as so many think it is.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lyandria View Post
    OR, and hear me out here.... They want to make Europe pay about the same amount.

Srsly, how poor are brits that can't afford 1 pound increase?! I feel sorry for brits
    Yet we use different currency. Jesus you are dense. EU isnt like US. we dont all use one currency. If your too stupid to see that then its your own issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    ONLY the UK is using pounds though, that's like max 10% of EU players.
    10% is still 680k players.. or £6.8Mill in their new pricing.. per month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did amazon changed back prices to what? Products? Or their service costs?
    Well you said complaining doesn't work, not that it specifically must always effect price changes, which is a different kettle of fish. Sometimes it can, where the company can afford to absorb the losses.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogedai View Post
    You have to pay in Euros.. a weak ass currency.. so your whole argument is a fail. You are still paying in Euro after a conversion from SEK. If SEK is weaker than the pound (which it is even after todays dip) then your still paying with a weak ass currency, converted into another weak ass currency
    SEK is not weak at all, it's a very powerful and stable currency, learn your facts right again, teenagers these days...

And you poor brit still pay less than rest of EU, currency is irrelevant in this matter, and you my friend have no idea what you are talking about but funny that you still complain about increase when you STILL pay less than rest of Europe.

Brits can't afford dentists, and now they can't afford WoW, I feel sorry for brits

I'm still baffled blizzard does these things and wonders why subs are hemorrhaging.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, you don't bind to a contract of 2 years, it is a maximum of 2 years. The new prices only seem to slice at the people who is already at an expensive choice of paying game time, sadly.

Though, 9.99 pounds, still cheaper than 12.99 euro as I pay (At todays exchange rate). I find this a little odd to the strike, I mean, this much aggressive reaction for a product that is more expensive other places.

And I don't really think this is a 'pay for more because we say' as so many think it is.
    Couldn't agree more. Now if they made it more expensive than any other region, I'd definitely get their anger and frustration.

Deleted
    UKfag here, I don't give a crap really, I don't have loads of money but £1 more a month is nothing, for a whole year it's an extra £12, big deal NOT.

Whining for the sake of whining as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    Because the cost of maintaining the US servers vs EU servers is different.

Not to mention EU/UK Customer Service reps probably have to know about 5 more languages than NA, which is where a lion's share of the sub money goes.

I think the US-EU price difference is rather a tax issue.
    Afaik americans do not pay VAT on these kind of items, we in europe do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispersedshadow View Post
    Someone do the math:

If they don't release new content during the last 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, or 15 months of those 2 years, is the renewing subscription really a better deal?

Seems more like they're attempting to come up with a deterrent to keep the money-wise amongst their players from unsubscribing when they can't manage to release new content.
    Sounds a little too much tinfoil on that. We can't know about the time of their release of course but really isn't much. It is their product afterall. They aren't forcing you to unsub or stay subbed. Current 'deal' isn't a deal but an offer to the ones who is still subscribed, you can stay with what you have or update to what others are paying.

I have 2 accounts going, one pays in pounds and the other in euro. Sucks to pay 1 pound more in a way but in the end, 1 pound isn't much for example where I am from.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    They're just taking the piss at this point. First the unjustifiable rise in service charges and now a more than 10% increase in the cost of playing the game. What a fucking joke. CCP reduced their sub fees for UK subscribers, so all that "oh but it's been the same price since 2004" crap is laughable.

Deleted
    Who cares, UK has their weird money anyhow. So not really a EU issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't agree more. Now if they made it more expensive than any other region, I'd definitely get their anger and frustration.
    That is how I see it.

It is only really the UK and/or UK accounts out in the world, rest is euro in europe. They are still cheaper than our prices. If they raised it across the border as you said, it would be reason it stare and growl.