Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Pay the same as the rest of us or gtfo.
    No questions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogedai View Post
    He is just a fool that has no argument at all so has to result to insults. Hope he enjoys his infractions
    I hope you enjoy your infractions as well
    I am way ok with getting infractions, will be my first ones!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lyandria View Post
    Brittish logic: We pay less for sub in EU, get a price increase and still pay less than EU --> Complain

Dat logic brits... dat bloody logic
    You sound like a stuck record now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazori View Post
    Your posts don't make you look anything but a teenager either. Do you really have to call people pricks and dicks?
    I didn't claim to be anything else.. and fair enough you have a point. But stupid people piss me off, especially when they actually have no argument and try to make one out of nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You could essentially consider it a form of annual pass where the only perk is a sub cost that stays the same ^^
    Wouldn't feel it anyways. Been subscribed almost non-stop since I started. 1-2 months of no sub in total of my soon 10 years. Could work around subscriber numbers, though, I don't believe so either. They know they can run the game on cheaper prices, if it is going so bad with funds, I would expect a lowered price for a steady flow.

As well, put previous topic to rest, guys.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogedai View Post
    I didn't claim to be anything else.. and fair enough you have a point. But stupid people piss me off, especially when they actually have no argument and try to make one out of nothing.
    Stupid people like yourself, totally agree

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Definitely seems odd that the UK is targeted for a price increase, but no one else is. Makes me wonder if other nations will be targeted soon.
    It means Brits will pay the same as the rest of the EU, the sky is not falling.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So after 10 years of no increase, UK players are asked to pay 10% more. Tell me..how have the prices for rent, gas, food, water developed in the last 10 years?
    If you are going to go down that path, you should do it wholesomely, not partially.

What about the fact that 10 years before, World of WarCraft was estimated to maintain a steady 400k subscribers, and hopefully peak at 2 million at sometime in the future? Yet, we all know what happened.

While the expenses of the game increased along with its popularity, the profits vastly outnumbered the increase in expenses.

So the game has been far more profitable than ever even imagined, for 10 whole years.

By that logic, your logic of equalizing, there should have been a decrease in price years ago; one that would still be in effect to this day in some form. And we all know how that turned out as well. So there is not much point in comparing things based on criteria that not even the people in charge use, right?

It is quite obvious what the criteria is: the more profits the better. And while the game is on a decline, it is still an immense source of income. A small increase in pricing, multiplied by the millions of customers it will affect, makes for a lot of additional profit. A little bit from here, some from there, and so on, and you can at least attempt to milk the game some more, to partially make up for lost profit. Not because "the game is dying" or something like that, but because that is how business operate most of the time.

Deleted
    i don't know where this increase is coming from and i totally don't agree with it.I am ok with prices going up if it is for all of us but atm it seems more like an attack against uk more than anything else >.> I also don't understand why the prices in uk for a sub is more than a time and a half more than usa. Money is money devaluing a currency and pricing it higher without a reason is nothing more but pure greed and bs decision which will add nothing but fuel to the ppl that are already fed up with being mistreated by blizzard.

Deleted
    It's just a cash grab by Blizzard, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    "The new price for recurring subscriptions will be £9.99 for 30 days, £28.17 for 90 days, and £52.14 for 180 days. The suggested retail price of the 60-day prepaid time card will be £20.99."

No content for 14 months, 800k players leaving -> np lets milk the cash from EU
    UK <> EU.

/10char

Deleted
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...y_average_wage

This pretty much shows who should pay less and who should pay more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drithien View Post
    If you are going to go down that path, you should do it wholesomely, not partially.

What about the fact that 10 years before, World of WarCraft was estimated to maintain a steady 400k subscribers, and hopefully peak at 2 million at sometime in the future? Yet, we all know what happened.

While the expenses of the game increased along with its popularity, the profits vastly outnumbered the increase in expenses.

So the game has been far more profitable than ever even imagined, for 10 whole years.

By that logic, your logic of equalizing, there should have been a decrease in price years ago; one that would still be in effect to this day in some form. And we all know how that turned out as well. So there is not much point in comparing things based on criteria that not even the people in charge use, right?

It is quite obvious what the criteria is: the more profits the better. And while the game is on a decline, it is still an immense source of income. A small increase in pricing, multiplied by the millions of customers it will affect, makes for a lot of additional profit. A little bit from here, some from there, and so on, and you can at least attempt to milk the game some more, to partially make up for lost profit. Not because "the game is dying" or something like that, but because that is how business operate most of the time.
    You can look at it from 300 different angles. Still doesn't change the fact that the UK paid less than the EU. From a consumer pov, it's only fair.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    "The new price for recurring subscriptions will be £9.99 for 30 days, £28.17 for 90 days, and £52.14 for 180 days. The suggested retail price of the 60-day prepaid time card will be £20.99."

No content for 14 months, 800k players leaving -> np lets milk the cash from EU
    No no no no no no no no no my friend

The milking of EU? Nope. The Milking of UK? Yep.

You could have had the Euro a couple years ago. You decided to be the cool kid on the block. Now you pay more for your subscription You don't get to call the "team thing", when you deliberately didn't want to be part of the team ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exileos View Post
    Pay the same as the rest of us or gtfo.
    No questions.
    I'd love to, us sub price is $15, no?
    That's around £8.99, which was our old price.

Honestly not that big a deal with the 2 year spacing if you have a recurring sub, with the direction the game is going then it'll either
    a) Be worth the price hike
    b) Have stopped being worth the sub
    since they seem to be going in some pretty ballsy directions with class design that I'll either grow to deal with or resent enough to quit.

Can't say I'm sure WHY the game deserves a price increase when it seems to be in decline more than anything though, the expansion increase was surprising enough for me, let alone a monthly one for the poor saps who aren't saved by the recurring sub deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post

You could have had the Euro a couple years ago. You decided to be the cool kid on the block. Now you pay more for your subscription You don't get to call the "team thing", when you deliberately didn't want to be part of the team ^^
    You're aware the sub fee is already higher than the dollar in euros, right?
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2014-08-15 at 07:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by regelord View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...y_average_wage

This pretty much shows who should pay less and who should pay more.
    That's not really how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazori View Post
    You can look at it from 300 different angles. Still doesn't change the fact that the UK paid less than the EU. From a consumer pov, it's only fair.
    From a consumer pov the fair thing to do would be to reduce the EU price as a gesture of good will and apology for the long contentless period, and for the cutting of stuff from new expac.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    Who cares, UK has their weird money anyhow. So not really a EU issue.
    & you lot have your monopoly money.
    you can shove that euro crap where the sun dont shine!!

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-08-16 at 12:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post

That's because there is no EU "TEAM". There is Germany, then everyone else who gets propped up by Germany.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluejam View Post
    That's not really how it works.
    That is definitely not how it works. Just shows how generalization of prices to pounds/euros hurt countries which have their own currency even tho they belong to EU.