Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    So why not align EU with US and UK, which were inline? Oh wait, we are back to you saying "because they are different economies".
    Because American market is not European market.
    UK market is much closer to European market than America is (it is in fact part of the European market and legistlation).
    Yes, there are differences within EU member countries, but America is not in that scope. If you believe it is, you're delusional.

The EU market needs to align. There can't be EU and UK prices, that's shit.

And yes, it would have been great if they'd gone the other way and lowered the EU sub to UK level. But they didn't - I'm happy we're going to have somewhat normalized European prizes at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    Because American market is not European market.
    UK market is much closer to European market than America is (it is in fact part of the European market and legistlation).
    Yes, there are differences within EU member countries, but America is not in that scope. If you believe it is, you're delusional.

The EU market needs to align. There can't be EU and UK prices, that's shit.

And yes, it would have been great if they'd gone the other way and lowered the EU sub to UK level. But they didn't - I'm happy we're going to have somewhat normalized European prizes at least.
    but the prices are not "normalised" Polish people still pay "more" than French or Germans. The single currency model across EU is very bad and doesn't work as it doesn't take into account individual markets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluejam View Post
    It's kind of sad when people aggressively defend a company that's decided to charge them an extra 11% for no reason.
    So the fact that the sub fee is cheaper in the UK than the rest of europe is not a valid reason to raise the price to bring it in line?

Wait, what? You still pay less than the rest of EU, so what's the fucking problem? You're mad that you're actually being treated equally as the rest of the EU? Wow, speaking of entitlement...

It's kind of sad when people aggressively defend a company that's decided to charge them an extra 11% for no reason.
    I still pay the same amount I used to pay. I don't have a problem.

lol, doing this after 14 months of no content is disgusting.

Deleted
    Stop wanking, I pau €12.99 for 30 days and €26.99 for a 60-day prepaid card since Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    lol, doing this after 14 months of no content is disgusting.
    The game has lots of content. Just because you're not interested in it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Plus, you shouldn't really think of it as 14 months. It was released 14 months ago, but you didn't consume all of it within a day. If something, you should start counting it after the progression was over for YOU. I don't think you've cleared normal/heroic on the very day it was released, did you? If so, you must be a godlike player.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    So the fact that the sub fee is cheaper in the UK than the rest of europe is not a valid reason to raise the price to bring it in line?
    No. Why would it be?

A lot of people in this thread don't seem to understand basic economics.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Bring on a life-long sub for a fixed price.
    This PLEASE!

Deleted
    If you can't afford an extra £1 a month you shouldn't be paying for an MMO anyway

Big sub loss last quarter + price increase = no panic amongst stockholders

No. Why would it be?

A lot of people in this thread don't seem to understand basic economics.
    Please explain "basic economics"

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    He can't. He doesn't seem to understand basic economics either, but since he has no real argument he just used that phrase. It's a simple tactic, really, but doesn't really work that good. Ignore them trolls mane.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogedai View Post
    but the prices are not "normalised" Polish people still pay "more" than French or Germans. The single currency model across EU is very bad and doesn't work as it doesn't take into account individual markets.
    They have *never* accepted payments in local currencies, so that's not relevant argument, they're not going to handle all European currencies. The two currencies BLizzard deals with in Europe are and have been EUR and GBP. GBP sub has always been "cheaper" than the EUR sub. Now they're bringing it on the same(-ish) level - therefore the subscription costs in Europe are normalized.

I would have rather they cut the extra off from EUR subs, but whatever..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Explain the factors behind the pricing of the subscription fee generally. Then explain why you think it should cost the same in every country.

Explain the factors behind the pricing of the subscription fee generally. Then explain why you think it should cost the same in every country.
    You're the one that made the claim that others don't understand basic economics. I gave you a chance to back it. You failed to back it.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    £2.50 a week is a single pint of beer, hardly what I would call price gouging.
    Shit adds up, son.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OUTclassed View Post
    Big sub loss last quarter + price increase = no panic amongst stockholders
    Return on interest still good, stockholders see that it's a good investment and keep their money in the company. Price increase doesn't land until several months after quarterly report and doesn't affect it.

Also: This just in, entitled MMOC readers showing a new staggering low in reading comprehension!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    & you lot have your monopoly money.
    you can shove that euro crap where the sun dont shine!!

Infracted.
    if youre going to infract me sunshine, atleast give me a reason!!
    if insulting a currency imvolves getting an infraction, then god help us.
    Last edited by mmoc4e24d898ce; 2014-08-16 at 04:52 PM.

In case someone didn't notice, since june you pay full VAT in UK for digital goods.