Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Shaman Elemental Beta Raid Test.

Good dmg on single target, medium dmg with adds / cleave.

Value the actual situation of Elemental shaman on the comments of this thread.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Finally, some Elemental goodies! Thanks for the videos!
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

I mean it really just looks like you're playing with people you are better than? We don't really have great damage, most classes were beating me in my testing and I was doing about the same as you are here. I was pretty tired but off the top of my head rogues priests mages warriors were all a significant portion in the order of 20% ahead of us.

Eh tbh most of the butcher testing involved trying to work out why the boss was cleaving a stack of 2 players instead of a stack of 5 then 6 then 7 players

What gear did you have ? I have done 8/9 tests and would say my sustained single target was generally similar to yours in my live gear best results with LiquidMagma as my level 100, trying all the talents in the other 2 dps tiers I did not see a huge difference between them.

I would say though... With live gear or an auto PvE 100 we end up with a ton of mastery... MS is supposed to be our best stat so its kind of hard to judge numbers w/o having very much of it(mastery is going to be our 3rd or hopefully 4th stat once its properly tuned).

I would be more concerned with how it feels as opposed to the numbers you see, on fights like Twins and the Ore Gorger P2 it feels really bad to only have a couple globals worth of things to cast on the run. Both of those fights also have early mechanics to not stand in so saving SWG or glyphing it could cost you part of your opener. I think we are going to end up being all about location again, back in wrath to do good dmg you had to move like clockwork and pray you didn't have things thrown at you in the "wrong" globals and it seems we are headed that way again.

I would also say that Ascendance is going to be a big part of our problems, our movement didn't feel as bad in prior expansions since you always had the option to frost shock at the cost of only a LB for quick re positioning. Even if it was during CD's/on the pull you were still usually just lose ing a LB ;[
    I am Çhubathingy of [A]<Royal Militia> on KT - Former top 20US raider.

you can buy items in sw where the big taurens are. I think they have multistrike on it. would be some way to switch heavy mastery gear.

Probably a dumb question but did / do you have Fire Elemental down AND magma totem ? If that was your magma totem
    (the circular fire animation), was it hitting anything?

** edit **

Looking at it again, you drop Fire Elemental, then the actual totem produces Lava Flows ? THan when that's over the same totem
    stays around and does magma totem ?
    Last edited by quallanz; 2014-08-06 at 05:32 PM.

Interesting, if you don't mind me asking. What stat build did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    you can buy items in sw where the big taurens are. I think they have multistrike on it. would be some way to switch heavy mastery gear.
    I see a consumables / enchants vendor ?
    I am Çhubathingy of [A]<Royal Militia> on KT - Former top 20US raider.

Deleted
    first of all, i need the songname of the firstvideo :P

when they fix the hunter specs (actually they do really less dmg), ele is going to the bottom of the damagemeter again.

Quote Originally Posted by quallanz View Post
    Probably a dumb question but did / do you have Fire Elemental down AND magma totem ? If that was your magma totem
    (the circular fire animation), was it hitting anything?

** edit **

Looking at it again, you drop Fire Elemental, then the actual totem produces Lava Flows ? THan when that's over the same totem
    stays around and does magma totem ?
    the flow it that here http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=152255
    Liquid Magma
    Instant 45 sec cooldown
    Requires Shaman (Elemental, Enhancement)
    Requires level 100
    Empowers your current Fire totem with the power of lava, causing liquid magma to erupt from it toward random enemies within 40 yards every 0.5 sec for 10 sec. Each glob of liquid magma deals (40.125% of Spell power) Fire damage to all enemies within 4 yards.

not sure what you mean with "when that's over". in video 1 the boss throws some swords in the raid that deal aoe damage around them, this was read. some kind of void. a talent of warriors looks similar.

video number 2 is not viewable in germany (gema issues)

Stacking Multistrike while taking Elemental Fusion and Primal Fire Ele has given me pretty good single target results. Very similar to what you're putting up here with a different build. Not too sure what to make of that, if they're trying to balance builds or what.

Generally our burst seems to be amongst the best in the game, kind of how it was during Tier 14, it's pretty nice.

AOE and cleave are so disappointing though. Ele's niche this whole expac has been being excellent at a 4-5 target situations from MSV all the way to SoO but so far in WoD, even after the CL and EQ buffs our AOE pales in comparison to virtually everyone else save from maybe Spriests.

While testing Darmac, a fight we would be salivating over on live, I tried to AOE the adds but after two attempts I realized my AOE dps was so pitiful that hard switching to the spears was actually more beneficial for the raid, while on live Ele would be topping the meters on that fight through the AOE. Hopefully they fix this in later balances, I really liked our niche place in raids this expac.

Can you post your WeakAuras export here? I was looking for a good simple one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolik View Post
    Stacking Multistrike while taking Elemental Fusion and Primal Fire Ele has given me pretty good single target results. Very similar to what you're putting up here with a different build. Not too sure what to make of that, if they're trying to balance builds or what.

Generally our burst seems to be amongst the best in the game, kind of how it was during Tier 14, it's pretty nice.

AOE and cleave are so disappointing though. Ele's niche this whole expac has been being excellent at a 4-5 target situations from MSV all the way to SoO but so far in WoD, even after the CL and EQ buffs our AOE pales in comparison to virtually everyone else save from maybe Spriests.

While testing Darmac, a fight we would be salivating over on live, I tried to AOE the adds but after two attempts I realized my AOE dps was so pitiful that hard switching to the spears was actually more beneficial for the raid, while on live Ele would be topping the meters on that fight through the AOE. Hopefully they fix this in later balances, I really liked our niche place in raids this expac.
    Our AOE is that dismal ? How disheartening indeed. I don't understand and will NEVER understand how Blizzard gives each class buffs and nerfs year in and year out. It sounds like we're going from one of the top AOE dmg dealers to one of the weakest. ? But one thing that IS certain and IS consistent....... meh, nevermind ;-) lol

Deleted
    Two questions:

1.) Why you didnt use Unleash Flame?
    2.) Could you be so kind and share your WeakAuras with me? <3

Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    2.) Could you be so kind and share your WeakAuras with me? <3
    we all want them!!! ^^ Please

Deleted
    So, where's that dude? No more videos?

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Our AOE is that dismal ? How disheartening indeed. I don't understand and will NEVER understand how Blizzard gives each class buffs and nerfs year in and year out. It sounds like we're going from one of the top AOE dmg dealers to one of the weakest. ? But one thing that IS certain and IS consistent....... meh, nevermind ;-) lol
    No King rules forever, my son.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreiglshock View Post
    Thank you for this. This made my day haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreiglshock View Post
    Chuckling for days.

Don't you think it's a bit early to be making any proclamations on our damage output? We still have 3 months of tuning to go. As Chubathingy said, I think it's far more important to note how Elemental feels as opposed to the numbers. The loss of our current always moving style of play is going to be a rough transition for me, so I really hope they've done enough to compensate.