Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Azeroth could exist

So i've been doing some thinking and due to some multi universe theory or something, anything we could think of could exist. That means that our Azeroth we know and love, could possibly be out there.

Well, assuming infinite universes, and infinite possibilities, there is a universe where I am Thralls' glowing green testicles, capable of advanced functions and calculus and I use the power of love to destroy the reanimated corpse of Jafarr from Aladdin who is leading the Manchester United soccer team to annihilate Narnia, which happens to be populated by anthropomorphic corn.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Well, assuming infinite universes, and infinite possibilities, there is a universe where I am Thralls' glowing green testicles
    ...why glowing? These are the important questions.

Deleted
    Well, assuming infinite universes, and infinite possibilities, there is a universe where I am Thralls' glowing green testicles, capable of advanced functions and calculus and I use the power of love to destroy the reanimated corpse of Jafarr from Aladdin who is leading the Manchester United soccer team to annihilate Narnia, which happens to be populated by anthropomorphic corn.
    Correct. Was there a question involved?

Isn't this basically how scientology works? Except that's with sci-fi and this is fantasy.

So clearly we need... Fantology?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Isn't this basically how scientology works? Except that's with sci-fi and this is fantasy.

Not at all. Scientology believes we are all possessed by the ghosts of dead aliens who were blown up by nuclear bombs while watching movies about god. Oh, and they flew around in spaceships that just coincidentally happened to look EXACTLY like the Mcdonnel Douglas DC-8.

I believe you're thinking of the Many Worlds Interpretation of quantum physics. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    ...why glowing? These are the important questions.
    There's a universe where it's not glowing, glowing slightly, glowing vividly and so on. Hence infinite.

10+ Year Old Account
    If our universe is infinite, then azeroth exists out there somewhere in the universe.

what separates sci-fi and fantasy, cause both fictions have similar qualifications.

You can't say for sure, unless something has a statistical chance of 100%, even if there's an infinite number of attempts you can't be sure of 100% success (see: people refuting the "infinite amount of monkeys typing Shakespeare")
    Last edited by wych; 2014-08-16 at 11:52 PM.

Mmmmmm, anthropomorphic corn.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

...I need to get there, I need a real life Loque'nahak in my life!!!!!!!!!

15+ Year Old Account

Not to be confused with Fanta-logy, the study of orange soda.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by Orion1012 View Post
    So i've been doing some thinking and due to some multi universe theory or something, anything we could think of could exist. That means that our Azeroth we know and love, could possibly be out there.
    That's a complete butchery and misinterpretation of all of the things scientifically.

Not all things are possible. And just because something is possible doesn't mean there's any amount of chance of it to ever happen that could ever be represented by anything that is even remotely close to being a functionable mathematical probability.

I.e. even on the possibility vs. probability argument something needs to reach a certain threshold of probability before it actually could happen.

And it also needs to follow natural law.

Azeroth has magic. There is no magic. Therefore there is no Azeroth.

Also Azeroth is ridiculously small. It would not have sufficient gravity to be a thing.

I think the surface area of azeroth is maybe 800 square miles. Making it just over half the size of Rhode island.

Quote Originally Posted by Konata View Post
    Please make this an expansion.
    Wasn't that more-or-less Cataclysm?

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Also Azeroth is ridiculously small. It would not have sufficient gravity to be a thing.

I think the surface area of azeroth is maybe 800 square miles. Making it just over half the size of Rhode island.
    There are postulates in which other universes can have different laws of physics.

Also, we don't know whats at the center of Azeroth. It could be something so dense and massive that it does have sufficient gravity.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Wasn't that more-or-less Cataclysm?
    Isn't the game world scaled down in size for ease of travel? Didn't something say it took a week by zeppelin to go from Thunder Bluff to Orgrimmar or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    I read that on mushrooms and all i can say is; Wow. Thanks for that.
    Putrefaction you've caused, No need for confession. Now you wish you had a god, To stop your demolition. Crushing the bones of the hundred folds, Swinging the judgement hammer. Man, woman, child no-one is safe The heads of the dead are the banner.

Quote Originally Posted by FraterN View Post
    There are postulates in which other universes can have different laws of physics.

Also, we don't know whats at the center of Azeroth. It could be something so dense and massive that it does have sufficient gravity.
    That's actually a postulate of "string theory" which is not a legitimate falsifiable scientific theory.

EDIT:
    Also
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Isn't the game world scaled down in size for ease of travel? Didn't something say it took a week by zeppelin to go from Thunder Bluff to Orgrimmar or something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xECUrlnXCqk
    Last edited by Gheld; 2014-08-17 at 02:10 AM.