Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Bosses in LFR wings

I've been doing LFR this weekend and I realised I don't really enjoy doing the LFR wings that have 4 bosses in them - It feels like there's just one too many for me, I like the wings with 3 bosses.

I just wondered what everyone else felt about it, do you prefer 3 or 4 bosses in your LFR wings?

10+ Year Old Account
    3 is a good amount. 4 is a little lengthy, especially if there are multiple wipes.

It also depends on how much trash there is in between bosses, though.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. Much prefer the wings with 3 bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, depends more on the fights. Although it's only LFR and so it's not that straining, some still require more thought process than others, and having 3 in one wing is kind of dull.
    But then again, 3-4 boring ones in a raid wing suck as well.

Also depends on how hard~how many times you usually wipe on them (Garrosh, Siegecrafter, Lei Shen, and whoever else was bad, can't remember now) Garrosh and siege is one wing is terrible. Especially with really bad groups where you need 4-5 stacks just to win.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Eh, depends more on the fights. Although it's only LFR and so it's not that straining, some still require more thought process than others, and having 3 in one wing is kind of dull.
    But then again, 3-4 boring ones in a raid wing suck as well.

Also depends on how hard~how many times you usually wipe on them (Garrosh, Siegecrafter, Lei Shen, and whoever else was bad, can't remember now) Garrosh and siege is one wing is terrible. Especially with really bad groups where you need 4-5 stacks just to win.
    I agree, Downfall is a pretty challenging wing for LFR (and in general).

I don't mind 4 bosses, what really itches are those prolonged trash phases where basically half the group goes afk, much like SoO part 2. Galakras and Juggernaut are fine, but the combined trash of Shamans and Nazgrim is just too much for LFR. So is going through the Underground Nexus trash twice when you play Horde LFR parts 3 and 4. I mean it works in real raids, yes, please keep it so, but for tourist mode? Not so much.

And if it's really the bosses, well those basically have far too much life for the average LFR raid today. Make them no longer than 4 minute fights with the standard sub 100k DPS group and 4 bosses will be ok.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Stood in the Fire themightysven's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It depends more on the layout and order.
    Terrace of Endless Spring is four boss, but they're all really close to each other, and the complexity ramps up as you go along (i.e. Protectors is least complex, Sha of Fear is most complex [or was at the time]) but then look at the first wing of SoO you get non-complex fight, Complex fight, Complex fight, non-Complex fight, and they're miles away from each other, same with the second wing, everything is spread out, You have 3 complicated fights (including the one tied for most complicated in the raid) and then finish with the second most straight forward

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    I don't mind 4 bosses, what really itches are those prolonged trash phases where basically half the group goes afk, much like SoO part 2. Galakras and Juggernaut are fine, but the combined trash of Shamans and Nazgrim is just too much for LFR. So is going through the Underground Nexus trash twice when you play Horde LFR parts 3 and 4. I mean it works in real raids, yes, please keep it so, but for tourist mode? Not so much.

And if it's really the bosses, well those basically have far too much life for the average LFR raid today. Make them no longer than 4 minute fights with the standard sub 100k DPS group and 4 bosses will be ok.
    I had only ever done it on alliance, and was watching a Horde run through and was shocked that they didn't have the goblins take out all the trash, mirroring the gnomes. They don't have to freeze them, let 'em blow 'em up, but don't make Horde do pointless busy work...
    Ewok Sith Lords are all about Agility

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the boss tactics and difficulty more than anything, really. I have literally spent two fucking hours doing the last wing of LFR - 3 bosses, but mainly Garrosh - on multiple occasions. I know. How sad. Shame on me. That said, I do feel like three is the sweet spot, whereas two would be like 'wtf i waited in a q 40 minutes for this???' Four tends to drag on, especially with trash...
    Look! Words!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    I've been doing LFR this weekend and I realised I don't really enjoy doing the LFR wings that have 4 bosses in them - It feels like there's just one too many for me, I like the wings with 3 bosses.

I just wondered what everyone else felt about it, do you prefer 3 or 4 bosses in your LFR wings?
    It's LFR. #dealwithit

Raids are not designed with LFR in mind, period. For LFR to be possible, a Raid needs to be broken down into wings, since an LFR group doesn't want to spent more than an hour or so, it would break up otherwise. 4 or 3bosses is a sweet spot, and more than 4 wings is too much, for a 6-wing raid, you would spent 4-5 hours WAITING FOR THE RAID alone (as DPS). (Remember all those guys who defend LFR because "we don't have the time for dedicated raiding!1!!!11!!"? That is one prime example of a BS argument). So if an instance has a number of bosses that exceeds 12, then there will be 1 or more wings with 4 bosses, easy as that.
    Last edited by mmoc486dcfca17; 2014-08-17 at 02:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    It's LFR. #dealwithit

Raids are not designed with LFR in mind, period. For LFR to be possible, a Raid needs to be broken down into wings, since an LFR group doesn't want to spent more than an hour or so, it would break up otherwise. 4 or 3bosses is a sweet spot, and more than 4 wings is too much, for a 6-wing raid, you would spent 4-5 hours WAITING FOR THE RAID alone (as DPS). (Remember all those guys who defend LFR because "we don't have the time for dedicated raiding!1!!!11!!"? That is one prime example of a BS argument). So if an instance has a number of bosses that exceeds 12, then there will be 1 or more wings with 4 bosses, easy as that.
    I'm not quite sure what thread you were reading but I was just asking other people how they felt about it, not complaining or asking for it to be changed.

(Remember all those guys who defend LFR because "we don't have the time for dedicated raiding!1!!!11!!"? That is one prime example of a BS argument).
    How hard is it to understand that it's not the amount of time, it's when. And being able to hop out whenever you want without screwing everyone else over.

Deleted
    Has more to do with length of boss fights and trash. Part 1 SoO on lfr/flex is quick, because of little trash. Part 2 has same amount of bosses but feels like it takes ages because of trash.

I was thinking about the same thing today.

Doing 3 bosses is really better and smoother than 4.

It's LFR. #dealwithit

ToT was made specifically with LFR in mind. its specifically broken up into 3 outside, 3 under, 3 scary, and 2 guardians/1 master.

while 3 is better than 4 per wing, the trash is what's really AIDS about the wings. Looking at you Downfall Trash, especially you Garry trash.
    Nyaaaa~

I don't mind wiping on Garrosh in LFR. I just HATE all the trash in Downfall. I can understand the bosses posing a semblance of a challenge in LFR, but there's no reason for trash to when they don't drop anything in LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gande View Post
    ToT was made specifically with LFR in mind. its specifically broken up into 3 outside, 3 under, 3 scary, and 2 guardians/1 master.
    So Naxx was made with LFR in mind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    it depends on which wings it is, i dont like the second wing cuss it takes forever to do with all the trash and whatnot. the first wing is not too bad

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post

- - - Updated - - -

So Naxx was made with LFR in mind?
    Good thing its not relevant, as LFR wasn't even a concept at that point.

Since LFR has been invented all raids have had LFR in mind. MSV and HOF easily split in half, ToeS being a quicker 4 boss. ToT as explained. SoO being vale-outside-inside-the actually hard bosses.

Don't bring up something from almost a freaking decade ago.

second wing is the worst and i never understood why they decided to reduce the trash leading to Nazgrim but decided to leave all the trash prior to shamans
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

In WoD the final bosses have their own wings, which seems reasonable as lass bosses are usually stronger than the rest. They can avoid situation like where the raid disbands in front of garrosh because no one wants to kill it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic