Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    And then have the expansion compromised by a "waste of resources", as claimed by Blizzard. Y'know, like they did with Cataclysm, and WoD OH WAIT.

@Pull: Really? There's a difference between disagreeing and just trying to tear down a thread altogether. Please leave if you're going to continue with that.
    I would've preferred sub-classes instead of playing house though :/

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    I would've preferred sub-classes instead of playing house though :/
    I don't even know what they could do with sub-classes. Also, I would have preferred player housing over Garrisons because it's not player housing, it's a completely different thing. Player housing gives me an optional thing to decorate a room with useless crap that I can have fun with for hours doing piss all, while Garrisons are claimed to be optional yet will be HEAVILY involved in WoD to the point where they're mandatory (just like early MoP dailies). Seriously, I only played beta for a few hours yesterday, and the benefits you can reap from these things are absolutely ridiculous.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even know what they could do with sub-classes. Also, I would have preferred player housing over Garrisons because it's not player housing, it's a completely different thing. Player housing gives me an optional thing to decorate a room with useless crap that I can have fun with for hours doing piss all, while Garrisons are claimed to be optional yet will be HEAVILY involved in WoD to the point where they're mandatory (just like early MoP dailies). Seriously, I only played beta for a few hours yesterday, and the benefits you can reap from these things are absolutely ridiculous.
    Well every mage has something to do with arcane. Might seem a bit minor but I would love to be a Pyromancer instead of a Fire 'Mage'

Well every mage has something to do with arcane. Might seem a bit minor but I would love to be a Pyromancer instead of a Fire 'Mage'
    Oh I agree, I just don't think going through long class quests for lore reasons to set your specialization is really the way to go. For optional spells (like Polymorph: Pig), sure, but not for core mechanics of the game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I agree, I just don't think going through long class quests for lore reasons to set your specialization is really the way to go. For optional spells (like Polymorph: Pig), sure, but not for core mechanics of the game.
    If my journey on becoming a pyromancer would be just for a mere name I think it would feel a bit pointless :/

Quote Originally Posted by Xexyz View Post
    Until the Spell of Mastery appears in my spellbook, I won't feel like a master of magics.
    Such a shame, 46 posts in the thread and only one other knows who is the true Master of Magic.

If my journey on becoming a pyromancer would be just for a mere name I think it would feel a bit pointless :/
    *Shrug* I just don't know how you could implement them without pissing off casuals, since that's Blizzard's new design philosophy.

10+ Year Old Account
    *Shrug* I just don't know how you could implement them without pissing off casuals, since that's Blizzard's new design philosophy.
    Well the quest chain could start around 50-60, and it would be cool if you learnt end-game stuff like ignite from it and then our mastery would just increase that. Doing it like this would make the level at which Combustion is learnt to have a bit more sense.

Like old class quests had good gear as the reward, and they were loooong thanks to how expensive mounts were.
    Last edited by Deztru; 2014-08-18 at 05:47 PM.

Well the quest chain could start around 50-60, and it would be cool if you learnt end-game stuff like ignite from it and then our mastery would just increase that. Doing it like this would make the level at which Combustion is learnt to have a bit more sense.
    I suppose? Though what exactly would you get from the quest in general? You obviously can't have it give you the Fire specialization. Also, what do you do for casuals who use their instant 90?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    developers would do well to listen to long-playing Mage players for many reasons. They've seen more, played more iterations, and have a more fully developed feel and outlook (as that's what mr.greenthumb was saying) of what it's like to play a Mage.
    If these players are providing actual information and insight instead of diffuse blah, yes. The latter is also the key ingredient of your whole post, by the way. You've managed to miss/ignore the whole point of what I said. But who cares anyway - I don't. Forget I said something and carry on.

I've always thought it would be cool if mages had three new specializations:

1) Would be the classic damage with a combine use of arcane/fire/frost.
    2)Would be the use of magic and melee attacks(like a spellsword).
    3)Would be use of magics to heal allies. I was not a huge fan of rift, but I did love healing on my mage.

Rhonin being one of my favorite lore characters and was very good with a sword. I would love nothing more than to be able to cast from a far and be able to finish an opponent up close. This will never happen, but it would be something new and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    If these players are providing actual information and insight instead of diffuse blah, yes. The latter is also the key ingredient of your whole post, by the way.
    Yup, I provide literally 0 insight and actual information when I give them 5+ bug reports a day and give them a plethora of suggestions like "Comet Storm shouldn't split damage and be garbage", or asking them why 800k Frostbolts cause 1k Icicles, while here you are doing nothing but trying to derail/flame/whatever a thread based on OPINIONS which is really full of wonderful insight, right? Seriously, please stop if you don't have anything to contribute. You can disagree with us, but you can't try to derail a thread like this; it's pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by resshin View Post
    2)Would be the use of magic and melee attacks(like a spellsword).
    Would be awesome, but we have ENH shaman which is too much like a Spellsword, unfortunately

3)Would be use of magics to heal allies. I was not a huge fan of rift, but I did love healing on my mage.
    I'd kill for time-based or fire-based healing.

Time-based healing would involve things such as Alter Time that, by LORE, would rewind your target(s) back in time to before they were even injured, rather than healing them (though in-game, only a small few of your spells would actually do this, while some would just actually heal).

Fire-based healing I can't exactly come up with a good lore reason, but fire/heat in general is life itself. I mean, we have phoenixes and cauterizing as two examples, as well as Alexstrasza herself being the Aspect of Life, and also being fire-based.

OR, maybe make a healer spec that does both! Time-based for rewinding wounds and Fire-based for healing them!

I'd kill for time-based or fire-based healing.

Time-based healing would involve things such as Alter Time that, by LORE, would rewind your target(s) back in time to before they were even injured, rather than healing them (though in-game, only a small few of your spells would actually do this, while some would just actually heal).

Fire-based healing I can't exactly come up with a good lore reason, but fire/heat in general is life itself. I mean, we have phoenixes and cauterizing as two examples, as well as Alexstrasza herself being the Aspect of Life, and also being fire-based.

OR, maybe make a healer spec that does both! Time-based for rewinding wounds and Fire-based for healing them!
    This sounds like so much fun. They could even make it so you could put an ice shield around the target to protect them from physical attacks.

This sounds like so much fun. They could even make it so you could put an ice shield around the target to protect them from physical attacks.
    Here's a few ideas I could come up with:

• Undo (Time): 3m cooldown. Rewinds the target 5 seconds in time, healing 50% of all the damage they took over the duration.
    • Breath of Life (Fire): 30s cooldown. Infused by Alexstrazsa herself, the Mage breathes the flames of life on his/her allies within X yards in front of them, healing themself and all targets hit for Y.
    • Protective Ice (Frost): 2m cooldown. Surrounds the target in special ice that reacts upon strong impacts. The target takes X% less damage from the next Y sources (All? Physical only?). Upon expiring, the ice shatters outward, dealing Z damage to all enemies near the protected target.
    • Leeching Weapons (Arcane, Passive Aura): The Mage enchants the weapons of all allies within a X yard radius that will radiate healing to their owners upon striking, giving them Y% Leech. (Very low value)

Would be awesome, but we have ENH shaman which is too much like a Spellsword, unfortunately
    Tbh you could make Battle Mage to be nothing like a shammy, as you still got the base Mage spells, would be OP as hell though, cause melee that can't be kited.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief

• Breath of Life (Fire): 30s cooldown. Infused by Alexstrazsa herself, the Mage breathes the flames of life on his/her allies within X yards in front of them, healing themself and all targets hit for Y.
    Aren't destructive fire and rejuvinating(?) fire that Alexstrazsa uses different magics?

Though we could have a HoT like the warlocks pet Imp has.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Tbh you could make Battle Mage to be nothing like a shammy, as you still got the base Mage spells
    I'd love it so much. They would obs need to change up the base spells though, and I like the idea of a spellsword more than a Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    would be OP as hell though, cause melee that can't be kited.
    Death Knight, Warrior, Retadin, Rogue, and Feral Druid all say hi.

DKs make you not able to kite
    Warriors charge, charge, and continue to charge. Also leap.
    Retadins go LOLDISPEL x9999
    Rogues and Ferals... They speak for themselves.

Aren't destructive fire and rejuvinating(?) fire that Alexstrazsa uses different magics?
    Fire is still life itself. Also that Hearthstone card that can heal you up to 14 points seems to breathe fire on you.

Though we could have a HoT like the warlocks pet Imp has.
    Except that also hurts you and is Cauterize in a sense, though that does give me a good idea...

Cauterize (Fire, Passive): 5m cooldown (upon triggering). Healing a target with a single-target heal gives them the Cauterize effect for 5 seconds. Should a target with Cauterize take lethal damage, they will instead heal to 40% health and lose 8% health every second for 5 seconds. In addition, the target received 25% extra healing during this time. The effect of Cauterize (both the extra healing and DoT) cannot be reduced or removed (except for some boss abilities) (this is so you cannot weaken/remove the DoT, not even with Divine Shield or Ice Block).
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2014-08-18 at 08:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    times change, dont dwell on the past
    it does nothing

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFanatic View Post
    Nail on the head. Something a lot of mage players don't grasp about the lore is that ALL mage powers come from Arcane magic. They can manifest this as raw Arcane energy, Fire magic or Frost magic. But the Fire magic isn't the same as a Warlocks fire magic (which stems from destructive nether/fel sources. Heat is generated through the increase of energy upon matter (yes this is a highly truncated explanation, just go with me for a moment, this is JUST an analogy), while Cold is generated by the decrease of energy (same analogy scenario).

Mages can use their arcane power to create heat and fire, or use it to draw out energy and create cold and ice. They can also just wield raw arcane energy.

The type of magic Alexstrasza wields is over life itself, which also entails death and rebirth. Her purifying flame and destructive flame are derived from this type of primal magic, held by the Titans, which after the events of the Cataclysm and Deathwings Fall, most of that magic has been expended.
    Okay, so remove the Fire portion if you want; it was just an idea. Time-based/Water-based healing, and Ice-based cooldowns can still easily make a Mage healing spec.