Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I don't care much about the faction cities either, don't know what the big deal is about them. Agree with Xytal, people will just go back to Org, like they do in MoP unless you're an engineer.

What gets me is the "Farahlon might be used if it becomes relevant to the content." Um...shouldn't they have a general plan for what the content will be by now for the whole expansion? If they have other people working on the next expansion supposedly, are they saying they know where it will go overall and will just fill in the details as they go along? Either sounds like bad planning or just already backing out of Farahlon.

I know its beating up a dead horse, but that excuse is such a cop out from moving away from Karabor/Bladespire. LoL. Moving on!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    30 people for raids? Yeah that is going to turn out great, its not like it is already lagging badly in 25man, especially with bloodlust active. Its even noticeable in 10man for fuck sake.

And i seriously doubt they are going to reduce particles to a manageable levels so it is possible to see anything, even on lowest levels
    It sounds like you need a new computer.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveZombie View Post
    Flying in a city ≠ flying in the world.
    maybe you didnt get my point,
    my point was to show how much of a lame excuse that was, its ok to be grounded for a full xpac riding a 100% mounts Through
    the same zones via the same mobs trying to dismount you and fight you which prolong your simple get from A to B task,

but if the distance between the AH and the bank in the new capital cities is a bit longer than in ogg/sw
    god forbid! lets scrap the new capitals!!, it was a hint of a two faced/Double Standards excuse to cut back on content

and on to your comment, whats the difference between flying in the city and outside the city exactly?
    and when was the last time you used your 100% ground mount to get around the capital (ogg/sw)?

flying is the new advanced get around method, its like growing up in life , you walk when you are a child then you run
    and never look back at walking from place to place then you ride your bike and never look back at running from place to place
    and when you get much older you move on to buying a car and never look back at your childhod bike...
    after 10 years of growing your chars up in wow they decided to take us back to running/using our childhood bikes to get around cause its better for the "savage" vibe of this xpac?
    really?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taojnhy View Post
    I don't know why people are surprised about Blizz cutting stuff from WoD. How else do you think they can start getting inline with yearly expacs?

Here's a hint: think about DLC for other games; particularly how "Day 1" DLC operates.

Consider the following:

snip...
    I think it can be more simply put:

1) Expansion packs generate money
    2) Expansion packs generate publicity, and resubs
    3) Free content patches (x.1, x.2, x.3 etc) generate no money, no publicity, some resubs but not as much as an xpac

Hardly rocket science that there's been pressure on the dev team to start spending less resources on free content patches and more resources on expansions packs.

Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post
    maybe you didnt get my point,
    my point was to show how much of a lame excuse that was, its ok to be grounded for a full xpac riding a 100% mounts Through
    the same zones via the same mobs trying to dismount you and fight you which prolong your simple get from A to B task,

but if the distance between the AH and the bank in the new capital cities is a bit longer than in ogg/sw
    god forbid! lets scrap the new capitals!!, it was a hint of a two faced/Double Standards excuse to cut back on content

and on to your comment, whats the difference between flying in the city and outside the city exactly?
    and when was the last time you used your 100% ground mount to get around the capital (ogg/sw)?

flying is the new advanced get around method, its like growing up in life , you walk when you are a child then you run
    and never look back at walking from place to place then you ride your bike and never look back at running from place to place
    and when you get much older you move on to buying a car and never look back at your childhod bike...
    after 10 years of growing your chars up in wow they decided to take us back to running/using our childhood bikes to get around cause its better for the "savage" vibe of this xpac?
    really?
    Blizzard doesn't like flying because:

1. They said their engine just doesn't lend it to non-lame in-game methods of preventing flying. They commented once that they tried it and it just didn't work very well, wasn't fun, etc.

2. For some reason Blizzard has a giant throbbing... uh... you know... for world PVP, but doesn't seem to want to make it fun for everybody*. So it's all about ganking, and if you're flying, it's much less likely that you'll be ganked.** Getting (forcing) people "out into the world" was their #1 excuse for the daily quest double gated rep reward debacle that was 5.0.

3. Their quest designers just can't seem to deal with making quests where flight doesn't give you an advantage and the zone designers can't seem to figure out how to make zones interesting even when you can fly around.

It's a real pity. I don't care what anybody else says, I love being able to fly and find it thrilling and exciting just like I did in TBC.

* Fun world PVP for everybody: Scale _ALL_ gear (by character level) to *some number* and remove resil for all world PVP interaction. Now everybody has the potential to be a dangerous challenge, but people who PVP all the time (same people with their ubergladiator super resil gear currently) will still be much stronger because of their experience.

** Except for the occasional night-elf boomkin. Heh. Bird form->Boomkin->hurricane or whatever that dismounts you->shadowmeld->Bird form again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    I really dont understand the need for that Orgrimmar/Stormwind gear,you can get that stuff now,ive seen it mogged a million times over and even mogged my dwarf in the imperial plate set once which is basically SW armour,the horde one is just greens that drop during questing.
    You can mog it as a cloth wearer. That's the difference I see.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    I really dont understand the need for that Orgrimmar/Stormwind gear,you can get that stuff now,ive seen it mogged a million times over and even mogged my dwarf in the imperial plate set once which is basically SW armour,the horde one is just greens that drop during questing.
    The only similarity I see between imperial plate and SW armor is the color and the helm. The design is totally different. More importantly, the SW armor looks much better, more consistent, and has a modern texture and details that go with the new character models. If you like the retro transmog look you can go with imperial plate, and if you don't you might like SW armor. Plenty of need there.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelonicus View Post
    So when a developer explains their reasons for leaving a zone closed until it fits with their theme and storyline, were gonna call BS on that and expect it to arrive when their statement obviously says otherwise? Movies are made in post production, this game has hit the same sorta state. its the last line before release, if it dosent fit, it dosent. It dosent imply its scrapped or developers lying. Its their game, if they see it dosent fit, no conspiricy or coverup is lined up to defend it.
    Dude take those goggles off please.

Quote Originally Posted by Enan1981 View Post
    I know its beating up a dead horse, but that excuse is such a cop out from moving away from Karabor/Bladespire. LoL. Moving on!
    It's complete bullshit and they know it. We all know it.

"lol we put too much space between the AH and the bank, so we can't use those cities derp"

Retards. They purposely design the cities to be inconvenient and then use that inconvenience as an excuse to use Fort Copypasta on the edge of the PVP zone instead. But, noooooooooooooooo, they're not pushing PVP at us. Why would we think that?

They must think we're all fucking idiots or drooling fanboys that'll eat whatever bullshit they throw at us.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    It's complete bullshit and they know it. We all know it.

"lol we put too much space between the AH and the bank, so we can't use those cities derp"

Retards. They purposely design the cities to be inconvenient and then use that inconvenience as an excuse to use Fort Copypasta on the edge of the PVP zone instead. But, noooooooooooooooo, they're not pushing PVP at us. Why would we think that?

They must think we're all fucking idiots or drooling fanboys that'll eat whatever bullshit they throw at us.
    Worst part is they keep pushing sub-par PvP

A lot of people in this thread with full bellies so they're right.

See you ingame, space cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lihonessa View Post
    Some people aren't willing to pay extra for an expansion that's marely a barebones resemblance of the (already poor) expansion that was promised at BlizzCon.
    Unfortunately, certain fanboys and addicts will do anything to discredit that and defend Blizzard.

Says the hypocrite that will be right there with their wallet open with the rest of us. Get off the high horse.

In all seriousness...i think it would be best if Blizzard kept ALL development under lock and key and show nothing till release if it mean they can't change anything during development if they see fit. Maybe everyone would be more happy then.
    Last edited by snakeeyesma81; 2014-08-19 at 11:58 AM.

Hmmmm. There are two banks and two auction houses in SW, and Orgrimmar. They even put the AH in the bank in Shattrath. When did they stop putting multiple banks and Auction Houses in capitals? Well, they had no AH in Dalaran for a while making it necessary for us to go back to EK or Kalimdor if we weren't engineers, but we could always hearth back to Dal. In MoP, only engineers can access the AH so we again go back to EK and Kalimdor for AH on other toons. So why is Blizz suddenly being so considerate of having the AH and bank so far apart in the new expansion as opposed to the others?