10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    Holy hell those things are tiny. I'm surprised those little stubs can even move air to being with.
    They can move quite a bit of air at high RPMs, at least the 40mm fans our servers use at work lol.

Also, on a side note, we ordered 2x new test environment rigs for various uses:

Xeon E3-1245v3
    Intel DH87RL
    4x8GB Kingston ValueRAM 1600MHz CL11 1.5v
    Seagate 1TB SSHD
    Corsair VS350
    Bitfenix Prodigy white

Assembling them as soon as they arrive, build post coming.
    Last edited by inux94; 2014-08-16 at 04:56 AM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CheezusCrust View Post
    I know the feel, 25mm Master Race.

Did you buy them used?
    The 2950's I got brand new from some guy for $40 each, couldn't say no to that. These will be handy for years to come

The 3560's I bought used (still in good shape though) because new ones tend to cost anywhere from $600-2000 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    inb4 5000rpm to be able to move a feather. :P
    Eh they're not all that loud on their own, only when you have 5+ going at the same time. I may eventually end up moving them into the garage, especially in summer.

TBH it's easy to see why Cisco (or really any vendor) go for such cooling:
    > These are designed for industry use, locked-away in cabinets (or datacenters) where noise is irrelevant.
    > They are made to be stacked vertically with very little room between, so the only area to place fans is on the sides...and these devices are only 30-40mm thick.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    The 2950's I got brand new from some guy for $40 each, couldn't say no to that. These will be handy for years to come
    or they're stolen, i ran into that getting my cisco lab setup

Deleted
    My computer has gone through some updates since last time.

internal updates was to a 780, using cuda or nvidia encoding tools for a few things, but its much quieter too.
    And also thats a corsair H105 in a kinda push pull config, those 180 mm fans still work and stuck on some fans for pull, keeps the CPU thats still a I5 very cool and quiet, actually gives me more overclocking headroom but not got into that yet.

External updates, my 29 inch 21:9 monitor, logitech G600, my corsair M95 is in for repair or sending it off rather for repair.

Additional updates to the sound system, audio engine D1 and audio technicas M50.

Actually was about to take the plunge for watercooling, even though I said in a thread I wouldnt, but found one of those XSPC kits that are actually good price, but its like sold out everywhere, and outside that is beyond what I was willing to pay for at this moment in time.
    Last edited by mmoc80f347fccc; 2014-08-16 at 07:27 PM.

Is the back-intake a mistake, or do you just value feeding the GPU more than about exhaust?

Deleted
    The back is an intake, but the exhaust can either go up top of the case where there is an exhaust fan from that bit or front end of the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    The back is an intake, but the exhaust can either go up top of the case where there is an exhaust fan from that bit or front end of the case.
    Did you edit that in? I didn't remember seeing that
    Either way, which i5? Do you feel there would be value in going for water cooling to push the system or is it more "i wanna"?

Deleted
    Oh no, the edit was a spelling mistake in my post , I slack in giving a reason, forgot to say, I used to have fans in front of the case, but got rid of the corsair SP 120 there due to rattle, so air just passively moves through there now due to the positive pressure.
    I5 3570 K, its at 4.2 ghz at the mo, that cooler is a bit recent, so not had the chance to fiddle with the settings, and yes, it was a I wanna kinda thing, but also felt that my system didnt warrant it in terms of power and always said to my self, a watercooling project would be done on a more extreme end system one day, so that I never have to fiddle with it from there XD.

Watercooling in the RV03 is kinda meh too. Beyond a ghetto-mounted AIO the case isn't that suitable for rads, last I saw.

Deleted
    Yep, been looking at it, but saw a pic on someone just sticking a AIO on the bottom, however, forgot to mention, there was a main reason why I did that, and that is, Im intending to build a 'trolley' of sorts so that I can stick the tower under my desk, but I still want to do some maintenance and carpet cleaning, otherwise its gonna be a nightmare to move the case as it is on the carpet floor, dust cleaning in my room is frequent due to the amount of dust that occurs...

With the computer moving about as such on a trolley, wasnt keen on having a huge metal block hanging off the motherboard potentially wobbling about doing so, Im wanting to move the tower down in order to free up desk space as I may stick a 2nd monitor there, that monitor is freakin massive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Three slots are white, one is blue. At the time, this was not unusual in budget solutions; some 1156 boards had three slots.
    And triple channel memory controllers do support dual channel, just like how quad channel controllers support triple and dual channel.
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    It has 4 RAM DIMM slots in the image, so I can't help but imagine it's dual-channel.
    It support triple channel. but wont support more than more than 16GB. I got the 8GB Sticks cheap so I went with it. got a spare 8GB module in my draw, as I am having an Asus x58 Sabertooth fixed on Warranty, and will run all 3 in that when I get it back.
    It does run and support dual channel as tetrisGOAT said.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Might want to consider getting another stick of RAM to complete the triple channel. Else, looks good. I wouldn't personally have gone with RAID SSD or LED fans, but people being different is a good thing.
    All my other Peripherals glow green, so went with it. looks nice coming into a green glow too.
    the Raid SSD was a spare money, I'm upgrading soon choice. It does boot quicker than it used too, but nowhere near as fast as my laptops SSD.
    Did it purely because the Asus board is getting repaired/replaced and it'll have SATA3, unlike my current MB
    Last edited by Judai; 2014-08-17 at 04:24 AM.

Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz | Gigabyte EX58-UD3R | 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600Hz | Gigabyte GTX 580 Superclocked Edition SLI | Lian-Li PC-P50WB | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD (raid0) | Corsair RM-1000 80+ Gold | Corsair H60, 2x BitFenix Spectre Pro P/P config

Desktop:

Case: Cooler Master HAF X
    PSU: Corsair 750W
    Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-V
    CPU: Intel Core i5 3670K at 3.4GHz, OC'd to 4GHz
    Heat Sink: Stock Intel Cooler
    RAM: Kingston 1333MHz – 16GB
    GPU: EVGA’s Geforce 660Ti, Superclocked, 3GB DDR5 VRAM
    HD 1: Samsung Evo SSD 128GB
    HD 2: Western Digital 2TB
    HD 3: Seagate 1TB
    HD 4: Seagate 1TB
    HD 5: Western Digital 180GB
    HD 6: Maxtor 80GB
    DVD: Liteon Blu:Ray/DVD ROM

Keyboard: Logitech G19
    Monitor 1: Phillips 27" 2560x1440
    Monitor 2: AOC 22" 1920x1080
    Mouse: Steelseries WoW Cataclysm (Non-legendary)
    Pad: MoP Collectors Edition
    Speakers: Creative 5.1 set
    HeadSet: Creative WoW headset

--------------------

Laptop:

Manufacturer: Lenovo
    Model: Y510p
    OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (Came with Windows 8. *Shudder* )
    CPU: Intel Core i7 4700MQ at 2.4GHz
    GPU: 2x Geforce 755M w/ 2GB DDR5 VRAM each
    RAM: 16GB
    HD 1: 24GB SSD
    HD 2: 1TB Hybrid
    Screen: 15.6" 1920x1080

Where are the pictures brother Capalex65?

Deleted
    hes under 10 posts, need at least 10 to start putting in pictures, though could break up the urls but prob didnt realise that.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He can message me the image links and I'll post them if need be.
    (hint)
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Couldn't wait until you got home to show off ehh? :P Also, dust that dashboard!
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cheeze, what else is on your lap? Looks like more goodies.

Was looking to building a $2k system. Here's a peek at the build so far. Could go cheaper on speakers and get a better mobo. suggestions!!

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

Quote Originally Posted by Bytch View Post
    Was looking to building a $2k system. Here's a peek at the build so far. Could go cheaper on speakers and get a better mobo. suggestions!!

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/
    First off, this isn't a build help thread as that is best reserved for the Build Help subforum where you can make your own thread(or update one you made previously) and get help/advice on parts.

Second, that is the wrong link You have to copy the link that is just above where the parts are displayed(not the address bar) and it will look something like this http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LymDwP .
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.