My current G/b devotion deck, made with Theros block and M15 cards to start planning for the rotation, had some trouble against the M15 Clash Pack yesterday. It could easily have been just plain bad luck (I only hit 1 land with Courser of Kruphix out of 12+ draws). I did see that Hydra Broodmaster is incredible when you have even 9 mana from Nykthos. I was thinking about it for my deck along with Soul of Zendikar and Innistrad. G/u devotion is looking strong as well.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    How'd you get 3 rares in one pack? That's the tits lol Never been overly lucky, my roommate though would always just randomly buy 2 packs and end up pulling Huntsman and Avacyn. We made him buy dinner that night.
    Second time its happened to me . First time was during a conspiracy draft, foil mythic, regular mythic, and a rare.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    MTG Online might tickle your fancy. Far as I know, you have to pay for every card like you normally would a physical copy.

Green ramp decks are indeed fun. I run a green/blue one with my friends that works well in multiplayer. Zendikar just had a ton of cool shit.

I feel black/blue always falls short. Like how cipher ended up being a super slow mechanic. Faeries were the most aggressive blue/black deck, and was insanely overpowered.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, holy crap I just saw that link Don. Elves vs. Goblins coming back, yes please!

- - - Updated - - -

My friend will be happy, morph is coming back. For years I've heard him rave about his old morph deck. As long as it remains green/blue, he'll probably go nuts.

I havn't seen this, where is the link for elves vs. goblins? I heard Divine vs demonic is also coming back.

Guys, if you are advising people to try out MTGO without warning them of the shortcomings of it, you might get some people into some rude awakenings. There's serious issues people need to be aware about MTGO before starting... the crashes, bugs, and terrible interface... they don't help...

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkle View Post
    Guys, if you are advising people to try out MTGO without warning them of the shortcomings of it, you might get some people into some rude awakenings. There's serious issues people need to be aware about MTGO before starting... the crashes, bugs, and terrible interface... they don't help...
    MTGO is definitely for people who want to play the game with people, but can't do it physically, but I will agree that the online version has some problems. It more or less still looks like it did back during the early 2000's. From what I understand Wizards wants to focus on MTGO some more to make it better.

Well, the recent change from version 3 to version 4 made it "better" for masochists.

I tried to play it, I honestly did, but between the crashes, bugs, being unable to properly view your graveyard, no storm counter, crappy interface (crappIER than before, mind you) and above all being unable to choose where to install it, I'll not touch it again.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, picked up a sweet garruk card yesterday night!

Quote Originally Posted by king of lag View Post
    Well, picked up a sweet garruk card yesterday night!
    I wouldn't mind getting two copies of him.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I wouldn't mind getting two copies of him.
    Mesa thinks he's jelly!

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, only got one though, sorry

But that does make two out of the 5 planes walkers I got and no souls of____ from this set

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    I haven't tried any of the DotP games, but I'm jonesing for some online Magic playing. I only have about 3 people to play with RL, and the primary one is my son who it gets old to beat most of the time I last played MTGO during Onslaught block and it seemed pretty decent back then, has it just gotten worse over time? And would it be worth the $10 to grab DotP 2015 just to be able to even play some magic against an AI?
    While I have nothing to compare it to, as it was my introduction to MtG, DotP 2014 is worth the purchase, imo. 2015, however, is a step back in almost every regard (with key features from the previous version taken out, wtf). Hell, even IGN gave it a bad review.

IMO, get 2014 if you're interested in any of the DotP. My only complaint with 2014 is that it has spme deck building restrictions, but it didn't bother me, really.

Quote Originally Posted by king of lag View Post
    Mesa thinks he's jelly!
    Just a tad.

Got some Gamescom spoilers.

10+ Year Old Account
    That morph evacuate is nice. Also finally makes Mahamoti Djinn less favorable. And holy shit Geralf himself. How does that work, lore-wise? Isn't he on Innistrad?

That morph evacuate is nice. Also finally makes Mahamoti Djinn less favorable. And holy shit Geralf himself. How does that work, lore-wise? Isn't he on Innistrad?
    He is showing up in a Commander product and those don't really have a set plane, unless stated otherwise. Products like Commander allow them to make cards for lore characters that didn't get a card before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh. I can't tell by the set icon. I thought it was spoilers from the next block. I feel like they JUST released a commander set.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    I haven't tried any of the DotP games, but I'm jonesing for some online Magic playing. I only have about 3 people to play with RL, and the primary one is my son who it gets old to beat most of the time I last played MTGO during Onslaught block and it seemed pretty decent back then, has it just gotten worse over time? And would it be worth the $10 to grab DotP 2015 just to be able to even play some magic against an AI?
    With 10$ you will get just that and nothing more if you buy DotP 2015, you will get to play against AI with very limited and bland cards. If you want to progress the campaign then you have to pay more for each "realm", and if you want to play multiplayer, well, you have to pay for that as well.

Not to mention if you feel like trying out some other decks (without playing against AI by using the same super trash cards over and over again) then you will just have to fork over that 20$ to unlock NEARLY all other bland cards. If you want to get ALL cards unlocked though, you need to buy 7 or 8 (can't remember) premium boosters for 1.80 a pop. And by the way those also mostly contain bland cards.

- - - Updated - - -

I also tried out magic online some time ago because I liked the earlier versions of DotP, but the UI was so horrible and confusing and old that I just gave up.

Oh. I can't tell by the set icon. I thought it was spoilers from the next block. I feel like they JUST released a commander set.
    Geralf is for Commander, which they release every year with this year being mono colored premade decks, and the other two are for Speed vs. Cunning, which are previews for cards in Tarkir.

Got some more previews from Speed vs. Cunning. By the way that duel deck isn't very good, although I will probably still get one just for the Arcanis being rerprinted.

Deleted
    Interesting color combinations at least

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't those two combinations without an official name? I remember googling that one time, to see what all the three-color combos were.

Aren't those two combinations without an official name? I remember googling that one time, to see what all the three-color combos were.
    There are the Apocalypse names for the wedge color combinations, but Tarkir has given them new names. You could use either or.