Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    I think it's funny they will either have 7.0 out in 18 months after 6.0, OR they will somehow magically pull a third raid tier out of their ass.

They are constantly telling us conflicting information. First dungeons and raids are started during the initial expansion development, now they're saying it's possible we can get more dungeons/raids during the expansion, but they haven't planned for it yet?

Have they gotten to the point where they can crunch out worthwhile content in 1/4th of the time suddenly? Are they THAT confident with their big new team? I sure as shit know they aren't pulling a raid from the NEXT expansion and putting it into this one if they need to, that would make no sense.
    Pride cometh before the fall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdaptValkyrie View Post
    Anybody who was anybody was farming Ulduar easily by the time ToC was out. The guild I was in back then was super casual too and were doing it fine.
    In normal modes, maybe. Many, many guilds had not finished with the likes of Firefighter and Algalon when ToC came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Well actually in one of the English interviews on the same subject, Chilton said that they've split their newly enlarged team in half, and 50% of them will work on patch content and 50% will already be developing the next expansion immediately.

they have said this every year so far though ;/

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    This is great news and makes sense.
    I guess you'd be happy if Ulduar & ToC had been scrapped to release Cataclysm a year earlier?

I still don't see how 2 raid tiers translates into faster expansions. It's still gonna take 12-18 months for them to release the next expansion. So that still means a year out for new expansion again. I mean unless a miracle happens I don't see anything change.

YAY FASTER EXPANSIONS!!! I love paying $50 every year in addition to the 15/mo I pay now. More expansions faster is NOT a good thing for consumers. It is a way to keep milking revenue from a shrinking player base.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Njorn View Post
    At least the expansions will come out quicker?
    Because the fourth time they tell us that it won't be a lie.

WoD = pay more for less.

Quote Originally Posted by MaraStarfury View Post
    Blizzcon: "OH wow WOD looks amazing, I can't wait for this!"

Garrisons available only in one zone "Aww FSS I was looking forward to a garrison in Nagrand, oh well still got Karabour"

Capital cities no longer in Karabour and BSC - not enough time: "Oh ffs that sucks"

Tannan jungle not to make release " meh fair enough I can understand 1 zone not making it."

Faralohn cut from expansion "FFS...."

Only 2 raid tiers: "................."

Why has the expansion price and subscription gone up again?
    Because there are only a few ways to keep revenues up while subs plummet.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I guess you'd be happy if Ulduar & ToC had been scrapped to release Cataclysm a year earlier?
    So because they're only doing two tiers this round means that obviously they are skipping the good middle-tier raid. The logic is infallible! You do know Ulduar was under construction before Wrath was even released, right? Part of why they remade Naxx and did several one-boss raids. They're not skipping anything if it wasn't planned in the first place. You're not going to lose your Ulduar 2.0 just because there is only two tiers. Maybe by limiting it to two tiers, they can actually focus on making them good rather than filler bullshit.

im less and less sold on fast content and have shifted to the school of, why not build more raid tiers? I cant pretend to know anything about technology design but the longer the expansion ran with raid content the more content they were able to cultivate for the next expac. Wrath and BC and to some degree cataclysm had a plethora of content due to some longevity of previous tiers and life time of the expac/vanilla aided the longevity.

I get if you divert people from expac to raids you take away resources, but id certainly wanna feel like theyre not making vague statements and making declarations of what theyre doing and then cant deliver.

I don't mind being stuck in content if theres something to look longingly forward to, like a raid, but theres a half eaten carrot on a stick
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    wod release in november
    (8month of tier 1)
    tier 2 in july 2015
    (8month of tier 2)
    next expansion march 2016 which fits in with the warcraft film >.<
    I'd prefer 6.1 4 months into tier 1, then 6.3 4 months into tier 2.

Honestly 8 month tiers would be fine, tot could have easily lasted 2 more months, and same with the original MoP tier. SoO for 8 months was fine too, it had 14 bosses, but when you add 6 more months ontop of that it becomes too much.

No.

I remember when MMO customers expected new content *every month*. Now it's 6-8 months? WTF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Here are the important bits that you all ignore (as always)
    Not ignored at all. Usually they don't start on the end raid until shortly after release. If they look at what they have for the next expansion and go "this isn't going to make it we need something to bridge the gap" then they will start to design something that makes sense in the lore to either go between BRF and the Grom raid or something after the Grom raid.

Either way I'm ok with a 2 year expansion cycle. It just feels good gives us enough time to mull things over and flesh it out. The thing I'm not too fond of is how long the end raid goes on for.

Players spent $225 each to raid SoO (15 months at $15 each). That's 1.46 billion dollars assuming 6.5m subs. SoO probably didn't even cost 1/100th of that. This is a subscription based game. If they are going to throw out "mini-expansions" they should be free. I already feel paying for expansions doesn't make sense but do they really expect people to pay $15/m and $50/year at the same time?

What's the point of our monthly fee if we have to spend $50 on 2 raid tiers?
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2014-08-19 at 05:25 PM.

Hope everyone is prepared for the 16 month wait for the expansion after this one. On the plus side we'll get to go a few thousand years back in the past to yet another alternate Draenor and kill Grom's great great great great great great great great great grandfather. We'll be stopping him from inventing fire on Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    Players spent $225 each to raid SoO (15 months at $15 each). That's 1.46 billion dollars assuming 6.5m subs.
    You think 6.5 million people have done SoO?

Do you know there are some people who have never done LFR, and don't want to? On top of this they don't want to raid at all, and on top of this that they make up the majority of the wow population?

Crazy I know!

Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    Hope everyone is prepared for the 16 month wait for the expansion after this one.
    Time to change my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

Good thing KJ isn't in this expansion, he needs to stay away until we finally kill him, and even then he shouldn't be the endboss of that expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    You think 6.5 million people have done SoO?

Do you know there are some people who have never done LFR, and don't want to? On top of this they don't want to raid at all, and on top of this that they make up the majority of the wow population?

Crazy I know!
    It doesn't matter, you are missing the point. They still had 6.5m subs (or more) thorough all of SoO. That's still 1.46 billion dollars during a single 15 month long raid. There is no reason why that can't fund the expansion and then some. We shouldn't be charged for expansions to begin with, let alone $50 for a 2 tier expansion.
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2014-08-19 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Remember the first 4 expansions had close to 20 full blown five man dungeons. Wonder how many WoD will have?
    Classic cannot be counted in the same sense as expansions, so we can scratch that off your list right away.

Burning Crusade had fifteen at launch, and one added later.

Wrath of the Lich King had twelve at launch, and four added later.

Cataclysm had seven at launch, and five added later.

Mists of Pandaria had nine at launch, and nothing added. However, lets not overlook that Mists had twenty-six scenarios, some of which were individual and some of which were added later, but that is still a large piece of content.

Your point doesn't seem to quite add up. That being said, Warlords' proposed seven (I think), should be fairly adequate when paired with scenarios. We may still get some added in yet, as I don't believe that we've heard definitively that there won't be additional dungeons.
    Last edited by Monkiy; 2014-08-19 at 05:51 PM.

Theres more to this game than just raiding.....