Thread: MM hunter DPS

MM hunter DPS

So I'm just coming back after about a year off. I've been doing some LFR and I've noticed that I'm the only MM hunter out there.

What's the deal? Are BM and SV that much better right now?

Yes. MM is pretty trash until you start getting BiS gear, and then it's only worth it on like 3 fights.
    『Fun Removed by DPRK 』

Quote Originally Posted by Tyderi View Post
    Yes. MM is pretty trash until you start getting BiS gear, and then it's only worth it on like 3 fights.
    I am pulling 100k dps minimum on most fights. Some fights i'm upwards of 150k. Would a switch to SV or MM be that much better?

Quote Originally Posted by iliad View Post
    I am pulling 100k dps minimum on most fights. Some fights i'm upwards of 150k. Would a switch to SV or MM be that much better?
    Yes. Especially if you've got your 4pc. It turns into "lolol LnL chains" for days. What's hilarious is once you get the reg Assurance you can multi-dot with BA.
    Last edited by Tyderi; 2014-08-20 at 05:03 AM.
    『Fun Removed by DPRK 』

The difference between specs aren't much outside the forums.

MM is only slightly behind SV in single-target(in BiS). However once there's adds involved, it drops a lot compared to the other specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    MM is only slightly behind SV in single-target(in BiS). However once there's adds involved, it drops a lot compared to the other specs.
    Basically this. It's not quite as garbage as people say it is, but it's main problem is that it doesn't bring much to the party. No great burst ability, and really meh AoE. Lacks good utility outside of sustained single target DPS.

It was also pretty bad in the first tier, and it wasn't great in the second tier. Only did we get enough haste in the last fucking tier of the game to make it truly worthwhile.
    『Fun Removed by DPRK 』