Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Well, you're getting that if you like 40k, the newest 40k game which was an MMO is now blending the open worlds and exploration of the planned MMO with the combat of Space Marine, but better.

But I want Warhammer Fantasy
    I know of it, and I am somewhat interested. However, as you say yourself it is the Warhammer Fantasy I'd like to see

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Would you play a first person, single-player RPG game like Skyrim or Fallout only set in the WarCraft or Diablo universe?

Blizzard has demonstrated they are not above/below swiping and adapting the mechanics of other games, but this thread is not intended to be about whether or not Blizzard will or would create such a game... it's about whether you'd play it and why/why not.
    Yes, a built to scale Azeroth with an emphasis on exploration over balanced game play would be very appealing to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    I'd rather have single player warcraft game like Baldur's Gate... maybe even real turn-based combat. I'm drooling on idea to have whole 5-man party under my control, running dungeons, min-maxing, gear should be freely transferable between party members etc.
    I hate to do this, but are you familiar with the game Warcraft 3 was originally going to be? You almost got the game you want 15 years ago.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachments/warcraft-discussion-99/73059d1262993374-warcraft-3-prerelease-material-thread-war3_1999.pdf

Deleted
    I'd pre order it, buy the collector's edition, play it, make love to the disc, make a shrine for it and sacrifice livestock to it.

Deleted
    Only if it has RMAH

Deleted
    I'd be all over that shit. ALL OVER.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's interesting that nobody mentioned one for the Diablo universe... which is Blizzard's single player RPG franchise. I guess either A) people like Diablo just the way it is or B) feel a Diablo single player RPG in the style of Skyrim would be too much like an Elder Scrolls game in tone?

Blizzard should just make Fallout 4. They would do a lot better job than Bethesda.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    Blizzard should just make Fallout 4. They would do a lot better job than Bethesda.
    when has Blizzard ever made a sandbox world?

10+ Year Old Account
    I might if it's an offline game. I don't think there are any good story-based online games, except maybe for the ones that limit multiplayer interaction severely, like Dark/Demon's Souls.

Even then, I don't put much faith in Blizzard when it coms to making a compelling plot for a game. Gameplay and graphics, yeah, but the lore in Diablo and WoW is way too terribad for me. Even Starcraft has too many meh moments for my taste.

Sure, I'm willing to try any game.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I would play it in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Well son (or daughter), Bethesda is increasingly polishing the third person elements of their games since Morrowind, to a point in Skyrim where it's actually more than a token option. I love the mod that let's you use all the NPC emotes, like leaning up against a wall with your arms crossed, warming your hands at the fire, eating bread, drinking from a tankard, playing instruments, waving at people on the road, and much much more.

That stuff makes me feel all fuzzy inside in single player RPGs as well as multiplayer, I like interacting with the world as much as possible and treating my avatar like a puppet. Then when I'm in a dungeon or something whenever I feel like it, I go into first person. It's cool like that, much like my posse.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, you're getting that if you like 40k, the newest 40k game which was an MMO is now blending the open worlds and exploration of the planned MMO with the combat of Space Marine, but better.

But I want Warhammer Fantasy
    bethesda hasn't polished a damn thing in their lives, modders do that for free. unmodded bugthesda games are shit. since morrowind around 418,000 bugs have supposedly been fixed...by modders

let's not get too stupid and start pretending that bethesda hasn't been outdone by their customers in everything they've ever "created". their redeeming quality is that they know this shit and let modders run free, even aiding them. their job at this point is to get a working demo out that players can flesh out while the console crowd does like they do with every big name title and blows their money on the shit before their ADHD has them playing something else a week later.

bethesda knows what they're doing

I would, but i'd need a new computer

let's also not forget that blizzard has stolen a few HUNDRED addons over the years to improve their game. fuck they couldn't figure out auto-looting until a player created an addon to do it in vanilla

Hmm...depends. Don't get me wrong, I love both the Elder Scrolls and the Warcraft universe, but Bethesda and Blizzard have very different approaches to gaming.

I could see a WoW/Sykrim-esque RPG mashup being a big hit for me personally if the game was as follows:

-Warcraft universe, characters, and associated lore;
    -Skyrim-style graphics
    -Skyrim-style POV (no weird Diablo fixed camera angle, nty)
    -Skyrim-style UI
    -Sandbox-style approach with a main storyline akin to Skyrim/elements of Vanilla WoW
    -modding community of Skyrim.

So essentially if Bethesda was handed over the rights to Warcraft and was allowed to do as they wished, with a couple of lore guys brought on board from Blizzard to ensure lore continuity, I'd buy the hell out of that RPG.

Otherwise...probably pass. Was not impressed enough with Diablo III to trust Blizzard to make another RPG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if I could mod it like how I can with Skyrim.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    It's interesting that nobody mentioned one for the Diablo universe... which is Blizzard's single player RPG franchise. I guess either A) people like Diablo just the way it is or B) feel a Diablo single player RPG in the style of Skyrim would be too much like an Elder Scrolls game in tone?
    Every exploration of the Diablo world's lore has made me like it less and less. A full blown open world of Diablo would sink any of my original love for being a nameless vagrant wandering down to the pits of hell to save people I didn't know from damnation.

I would try anything that Blizzard made that's for sure.

Definitely. Buy it the moment it became available for purchase.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i would play a game if it's good, whoever is the publishern be it blizzard, EA, ubisoft or others.

i would not just automatically play a game because it's blizzard, like i said, it would have to be
    1. good
    2. in a genre i like