Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What professions will you have for WoD and why?

Im reading that it doesn't really matter anymore to have 2 maxed out professions for raiding. My question is what are gonna be the 2 most sought after professions in WoD and why?

Deleted
    Engineering, since I still have my Rocket Boost (apparently the ability to run like a speed train is not seen as a bonus in combat ^^), Teleports, Glider and other toys. Plus, the ExpStart headpiece is still in.

Alchemy, since it makes a truckton of money early in an expansion and is SO convenient as a raider.

Btw. here is a question for all the people who go "Noone will level Professions, blabla!" ... in Vanilla, professions didn't really have any relevant bonuses either, and we still maxed them, so your point being?
    Last edited by mmoc486dcfca17; 2014-08-21 at 06:56 AM.

All of them, on 9 characters

Engineering and Enchanting on every char unless Garrisons allow you to DE items, then Engineering + whatever.

Jeeves + Teleports + Mailbox + Extra Interupt + Loot-A-Rang + AH in current content(if this will be a thing still) + probably more things I'm forgetting makes engineering just the best profession in my book.

All of them, and Garrisons will free me from the Auction House, I'm sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have all of them at max, with some double.

But I'm tempted to get Engi on my main and most played alt, just because of all the handy perks. Tho that means leveling 4 profs to max again and losing a couple of rare drop recipes
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravensword View Post
    Just a couple of things in relation to Engineering, Nitro Boost has been nerfed pretty heavy on beta so they now give 70% run speed for 8 sec down from greatly increases run speed for 5 seconds which brings it inline with the talents Speed of Light and Burst of Speed also I am sure they said that the Nitro Boost will be able to be sold to non-engineers as well.

The second thing anybody with a level 2 trading post in their garrison will have auction house access there so there would be no reason to just pick up engineering for AH on current continent like it was in Wrath and MoP
    Yet the glider, Jeeves, Blingtron and Moll-E are still damn handy and a nice QoL boost. :-)
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    What professions will you have for WoD and why?
    Engineering/Mining.

I like toys provided by Engineering... and with updated models, I'll just run around with Gnomish X-Ray Specs all the time.

...Just joking, they are quite ugly. But I like my transmog Goggles and Jeeves.

Enchanting and Mining, because that's what I have and don't see any reason for changing it.

As far as my mains go, the same ones I currently have. I can't be arsed to level them up again and Thrall knows I don't have the gold.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    The same as I have now. It'll still be cheaper for me to make my own gems and enchants than to buy them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Engineering is the only profession I'm definitely keeping. Not sure about the second prof. I may keep mining or switch it out. I haven't been paying close attention to the prof changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    My main has eng and tailoring, both of which will be leveled up fairly early on, more for gearing for raids than anything else. As of now I don't know that I'll feel much of a priority to max JC quickly, but I will likely get Inscription up there early (depending on how DM cards and decks are looking) and at least one of my Alchemists as well.

I'm sticking with LW'ing and Engineering, seeing as how you can mine the ore in your garrison without the requirement of mining and the barn allows you to trap animals for fur/leather/meat.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Engineering because it's fun and useful (teleports/bots) and Enchanting because i should have all the existing enchants in a bit (i'm missing only the two from ulduar because i'm too lazy to clear the trashes before FL every week)
    Last edited by S7orm; 2014-08-21 at 09:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    Btw. here is a question for all the people who go "Noone will level Professions, blabla!" ... in Vanilla, professions didn't really have any relevant bonuses either, and we still maxed them, so your point being?
    You clearly didnt played or raided in vanilla did you? otherwise you wouldnt make such a WRONG statement or do you have to be reminded of ressilence?

- - - Updated - - -

ALL because of my alt army - and 11 garrisons will be fun

Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    Im reading that it doesn't really matter anymore to have 2 maxed out professions for raiding. My question is what are gonna be the 2 most sought after professions in WoD and why?
    Leatherworking cos I play druid, and enchanting cos I dont care for "Engineering is so much FUUUUUUUUUn..." :P

No real need to change professions now, and this new patch has added an interesting new idea. Alchemical Catalyst "Produces 4, plus additional based on Alchemy skill." A bonus based on skill level now. Hopefully other professions might get this in the next build since the mats for most things have jumped up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    Engineering, since I still have my Rocket Boost (apparently the ability to run like a speed train is not seen as a bonus in combat ^^),
    I guess, if you've never used a dps potion.

Professions gave much more significant benefits than +X stats back then, usually in the form of BoP crafteds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post

Professions gave much more significant benefits than +X stats back then, usually in the form of BoP crafteds.
    That was TBC.

I'm going with Mining/Herb for WoD.
    The no flying should, in theory, increase the worth of both materials.
    Since i'm playing a rogue i get easy access to those hard nodes that most people don't bother with.
    Due to my work hours competition would also be somewhat lower i guess.
    Add craft mats stacking in 200 this time around so i'll give it a go.

Catch up mechanics for every other prof should make switching easier anyway.