Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'll bite...

You know you are a sad elitist when...

... you do 200k+ dps on bosses, but 100k on AoE trash.
    No way anyone with the gear to do 200k dps don't know their spec's AoE rotation, they are just dragging their feet because they can't be arsed to play properly on trash

... you have your HC geared tank hybrid as a DPS role and bitching about bad tanks in LFR.
    If you are so pro that you know exactly how to tank you have two options: 1) offer relevant help, or 2) queue as f'ing tank yourself.
    It happens so often that those tank hybrids show up in their 570+ dps gear in ToT stroking epeen on the meters and yelling at the tanks. What are the odds that if they know so much about tanking that they do not have a tank set of at least 500'ish sitting around? (heck, stats are no biggie these days, tanking in 570+ dps gear with dps enchants and gems is perfectly viable).

But sometimes you can have the opposite reactions as well. Or maybe the EU servers are just less rage'y...
    The other day I brought my guardian druid (ilvl545) to vaults, because a friend needed some sigils to get the legendary quest going. And queuing two people as tank+dps goes a lot faster than one person queuing as dps on his own. I did top dps, and top healing (I ran with dream of cenarius and have a mouseover HT macro - so was spothealing the raid while tanking). I had two separate people whisper me "why are you here?" (or probably more accurately: why u here?!). To which I responded: "helping a friend" and they let it be with a "oh, cool".

Maybe the one elitist sin I am guilty of is being really amused when the bad players don't see they got carried. I distinctively remember a SoO wing1 group I was in with my drood healing. They barely made immerseus and I think I was the only one actually healing the blobs. The group was BAD, almost wiped on pre-immerseus trash kinda bad. Then the customary caster left after immerseus and we got a lock in for protectors. This guy pulling 1M dps protectors and me doing 90% of the healing and afterwards everyone is going nuts in chat about what a good job that was. Tanks both got CR'ed twice, half the raid was dead, and without the lock it would have been an embarrassing wipe. Funny part is, nobody was sucking up to the lock, so if he was there to stroke epeen, he must have been pretty bummed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I consider LFR to be one of the worst gaming experiences you can find. The only time its somewhat tolerable is in the afternoon on the weekly reset.
    I haven't even found it tolerable then. The ONE and ONLY time I ever found an LFR run to be tolerable is when 12 of us from my old guild got together and all queued for an LFR at once. We had 2 tanks, 2 healers, and 8 dps, all mostly MSV geared since that was what was current at the time. We could've easily done the place by ourselves. We were basically using it as practice for a "real" HOF run later that evening. Overall that run was pretty awesome though, I've never seen LFR bosses die so fast.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2014-08-20 at 01:01 AM.

Yeah I uh... I just don't talk in LFR and all that.

People actually get mad when someone comes in whos fully geared I don't understand it.

If you see you are overaggroing
    - Stop dpsing, if you think you may be die,
    - or keep dpsing since it's LFR and you hardly ever die.

Second is more likely and since you are a priest, you will not lose dps while tanking a boss. You wanted a fight and you got it.

The problem with LFR in general is that because it's easymode/LFR, people don't try (because why would you?). Except, if nobody tries then you still can't win, and then people ragequit or start calling others out (usually lowest DPS) because they wiped in LFR, and LFR is easymode so... put two and two together. The blame game starts because nobody wants to admit that they were slacking off because LFR is easymode and you don't have to try, but obviously you do have to try because the group just wiped so the namecalling and cussing starts.

If you didn't have people that went into LFR and figured it's just LFR so who cares, you'd have less issues. People should still put in effort; if they need to improve that's one thing, but there's a big gap between trying and needing to improve and not trying at all because you figure either you don't have to try or everyone else will pick up the slack. If enough people figure "Eh, someone else will cover for me" then guess what? Nobody is covering for anyone because everyone is slacking off.

If you pull just because you can and/or because it's LFR, then you're part of the problem because you're helping reinforce bad behavior. Even if LFR is rofl easymode, you should be encouraging proper gameplay so you don't get someone who goes into LFR and assumes that's how everything works. Same goes for dungeons; I used to hate when someone other than the tank would pull in leveling dungeons, not because they died or because it didn't speed up the run, but because it reinforces the wrong way to play.

I regularly got blamed for tunneling the boss just because I did an appropriate amount of DPS for my item level in LFR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    actually from my experience those who clear whole tier on hc are behaving quite deceent in lfr - the worst are those who each tier just take a bit in hc (like being in 8-11hc range atm) - those are absolutely worst - the see themselves as god gift for lfr
    I agree. Usually, the people who think the highest about themselves are nowhere near as top-notch as they would like to believe.
    Also, those are usually the people who go afk during fights etc. and thus make the situation worse than it could be.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextar View Post
    I'd be okay if they just got rid of LFR. People put in the least amount of effort to get gear and "beat the game" and most of the time, they are jerks. I haven't even completed LFR on my main because of these reasons. There are plenty of other options for people who want to raid, just get rid of LFR. Ugh.
    This is how I feel about organized raiding. It works both ways.

Uh oh something happened in lfr, better make an attention whoring thread about it cause I'm just that important

Infracted: Please post constructively. -Nobleshield
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2014-08-22 at 11:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    This is why I always afk in LFR. The people of LFR are truly the worse. LFR actually encourages this behavior believe it or not.
    And so do you with your afk attitude. Please unsub.

The worst part about LFR is, that if something fails, most look at the top DDs and try to find a way to blame them.
    Bosses with adds like Horridon should ring some bells...

No one cares if someone does 40k dps overall if there is a 200k dps DD that did twice as much dmg just by cleaving adds while killing the Boss. He will be the reason fir the wipe. not the 5-6 ppl who afk/auto attacked....

I love running LFR with my 585 Mage. I can go brain afk, dont bother with snapshotting LB and things like that and still pull my weight. Once I just spammed Fireball and was on.... 4th place or something like that. I don't carry in LFR but I also don't want to be carried. Does this make me an elitist? I really dont know...
    Last edited by Karon; 2014-08-22 at 11:16 AM.

Deleted
    I love drama in lfr, its just funny and remember if someone is mean to you in msv part 2 just kill them on the spirit kings mind control......dem dragon roar one shots.

Deleted
    When I do LFR I do like to perform at my maximum, I don't care how much dps other people do but I'd be unhappy if I didn't get to 95% of my potential. In that respect it is annoying when tanks play poorly and I fail my personal objective of playing better than the last time I did the encounter. With that said, I won't complain unless the tank really is doing things wrong, if he's just not very good then I don't care as much.

This is exactly the reason why I avoid LFR like the plague and dread the living hell out of it when I'm forced to grind through it to shortcut to better gear on alts. When a undergeared tank can't tank trash because of overgeared people pulling aggro, i sympathize. However 9/10 this isn't the case.. two scenarios come to mind.

1. Their awareness is poor and knowledge of the raid is just so bad that they don't even react to the adds being pulled off them, this is stuff they should of learned in dungeons and scenarios. All tanks inherently take the mantle of leader of a raid in that regard. They are expected to know the instance like a dps is expected to know their rotation.

2. They let boss aggro pull and don't taunt back. Okay guys, seriously. You have a tool that instantly gives you top threat and makes the boss fixate for a few seconds use it.

Tanks actually have one of the easiest jobs in a raid group. You don't even have to perform optimally in casual environments to do exceptionally well, all you need is a bit of research going into a new raid tier the first time that is all. I'm not blowing smoke out my ass either, while not as heroic progressed as alot of people, I am 11/14 as of like 4-5 months ago when my guild decided to pursue other gaming interests before wod launched.
    Amazing Signature by Yoni

I love and hate LFR at the same time. Hate because everyone seems to have down syndrome. Love because there is lots of lulz to be seen.

I was once with a tank that was literally just auto attacking the entire time. Could tell by his melee swings and rage bar not even filling. How he held aggro though I have no idea. Amazing place this LFR...

Deleted
    I've been doing some LFR to grind cloaks and the last time I was in there on my Priest (which granted was 567 at the point), I remained mute, until we reached Juggernaut. I had already been carrying afk/crap healers up until that but when I ended up solo healing Juggernaut cause the baddies died left and right, I got pissed. I did manage to keep most of the raid alive but when one of the top dps died towards the and and then bitched at me for not healing him, I went emo.

I told him to stfu and if the other healers hadn't been so shit and die, maybe more ppl would have been alive. Then I was called an elitist ass etc. and someone started saying "Kick the Priest".

There's no winning with the mouth breathers in LFR. They afk, they auto attack, they join with no gems, no enchants and wrong talents/glyphs. Then they get upset, when someone dares pointing out that doing 30k as a lvl 90 on a boss is unacceptable and indicates a L2P issue lel.

and what if im happy elitist who make my own runs to ensure things go as smooth as i want instead join other people groups and hwine later on quality of players ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I too once said something in /i chat in an LFR.

Won't make that mistake again!

Deleted
    You are sad elitist when you try hard in LFR. Tru story.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo Stormreaver View Post
    I never speak in LFR....ever. Probably the best course of action.
    Most of the time this is a good course of action.