Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

this is why your queues are so long guys

so i'm tanking this flex, right? just got my set together like 543 with 2p, meta, and some nice trinkets. boomkin bracers, but thats whatever.

okay so i've never tanked anything more serious than LFR before and i dont make this a secret either. i ask the other tank when i should taunt on malk and he says "12 - just, whenever dbm tells you". so i'm like "okay this guy doesn't know shit either. cool." the fight starts and im derping around trying to figure out how many stacks he has (group was too impatient to give me a second to set up a WA and pulled) and then he fucking RAGES AT ME!! Like, "OMFG TAUNT YOU MORON".

so i taunted, like, right away. he was still alive and all but threw a fit and left - "Crunkfresh sucks he doesn't know what he's doing." okay, you caught me. but i was trying to figure it out - just working out UI issues really. also, i went ahead and tanked him up to 30 stacks with pvp gear and boomkin bracers while the rest of the raid was dieing to ignorant shit like smashes (which i was marking) and breaths. i was one of the last to die but they kicked me anyway because i was a liiitttle late on a taunt.

meanwhile, dps can just fuck around and act like idiots all they want - on practically any difficulty - and never get called out for it. i can see why most people are either scared or can't be bothered tanking public runs with these jackasses. fortunately, i'm a dickhead on the internet too so i just shit talk them right back, fix my weak aura, and move on. a lot of people have thin skin though and it makes it real fuckin hard to learn a role like tanking because tanks aren't allowed to make mistakes ever. the dps can run off to africa and die to idiot shit or the healers can all blow their cooldowns at the same time but the second a tank fucks up its this big to-do.

thats why your queues are too long. because wow players are jerks. but, like i said, it don't matter to me much. ill keep puggin those flexes and taunting whenever the fuck i feel like it.

First think I do is look for a good guild. I'll do the occasional random but I have to be in a good mood.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

1: Sort your UI out before you join a raid. I sure as hell won't wait for someone to create Weak Auras for a flex of all raids. (Also set other tank as Focus, you'll see his stacks).

2: Read up on bosses. Literally every guide out there will tell you what to do within the first 5 minutes. Again, i wouldn't explain tactics to people. Especially simple ones like tank stacks.

1+2 = 3

3: You're not derping around making WA's and figuring out what to do because you're already organised and know the tactics. People won't be dicks.

I'm the first to call people out on something. Wether it be a tank, DPS or Healer. It doesn't matter what role you are. If you don't come to a raid prepared then you're being boosted, and people don't like boosting. Simple as that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggers1990 View Post
    1: Sort your UI out before you join a raid. I sure as hell won't wait for someone to create Weak Auras for a flex of all raids. (Also set other tank as Focus, you'll see his stacks).

2: Read up on bosses. Literally every guide out there will tell you what to do within the first 5 minutes. Again, i wouldn't explain tactics to people. Especially simple ones like tank stacks.

1+2 = 3

3: You're not derping around making WA's and figuring out what to do because you're already organised and know the tactics. People won't be dicks.

I'm the first to call people out on something. Wether it be a tank, DPS or Healer. It doesn't matter what role you are. If you don't come to a raid prepared then you're being boosted, and people don't like boosting. Simple as that.
    +1

10chars....nothing more needs to be said.

For content like lfr/flex, you will be expected to know all the fights and all the strats for the bosses even if the dps/heals have no idea. No amount of complaining or blizzard intervention can fix it. http://sunniersartofwar.com/blog/201...-of-orgrimmar/ is a basic guide and took 5 seconds to google for it. The community as a whole has decided tanks are the leaders of the group. Dont like it? Prepare to get kicked by people who dont know any better, or just dont tank

1+2 = 3

oh please, this was a flex 3 with a bunch of idiots and i was just being another idiot but i was the only one catching hell for it. of course i read the guides but theres a difference between seeing and doing. you're missing my point - jerks dieing to "simple tactics" like moving from a goddamn annihilate telegraph(same thing you've been doing since day 1 mop) is acceptable. taunting late, however, is not.

my focus frame is all simplified for dps - it basically only tracks my dots and important debuffs. tank swap debuffs aren't exactly important information for a moonkin small things i overlooked before joining the raid. i was up front and honest about my experience too, so, like it seems like it would be pretty understandable and since they all seemed to be okay with it at first going from 0 to Asshole in 5 seconds (about how late on the taunt i was) is a little unwarranted.

and it seriously takes 10 seconds to make a weak aura. click new, go to triggers, type in buff - DONE. if your time is soooo valuable you can't sit tight for 10 seconds then you have no business playing wow in the first place.

all im sayin is that you gotta tank to learn how to tank and that involves other people. if you want more tanks in the game to make your stupid queues shorter maybe be a little patient with the fucking people trying to make that happen? besides, it wasn't even my fault we wiped.
    Last edited by crunk; 2014-08-23 at 10:51 PM.

Deleted
    yeah queues are long because over sensitive tanks with no skills get called out on being shit and think they have a right to be treated like royalty just because they are the tank, nothing new here

Set the other tank as focus, so you can see his stacks, and the "about 12" is accurate enough because it can vary a bit, just taunt if you have no stacks, letting them climb while you dance out of AoE is okay, but no more than 20 stacks on flex, I'd say.
    You could be more organised, but the other tank probably raged a bit much, and the group could've helped rather than kicked.
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

Bad dps kill themselves, bad tanks kill everyone.

Want to raid with dps that are held as accountable as you? Join a guild, because it will NEVER happen in pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    yeah queues are long because over sensitive tanks with no skills get called out on being shit and think they have a right to be treated like royalty just because they are the tank, nothing new here
    super bad ass wow player over here with his mid-tier achievements and mediocre raidbots stats thinks everybody is "shit" unless they've already done an encounter 20+ times and then they are pro's like him, nothing new here.

give me a break. i'm not sensitive about it. i'll keep tanking whenever i feel like it and then ill pop hotw and fuckin outdps you too. thats how i roll.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fibh View Post
    Bad dps kill themselves, bad tanks kill everyone.

Want to raid with dps that are held as accountable as you? Join a guild, because it will NEVER happen in pugs.
    i have a guild i play moonkin in. i'm learning guardian because i hate queue times and think tanking is sort of interesting (i've never explored the role, always dpsed or healed). thats really all this post is about. everyone should be accountable. the fact that tanking is so much more accountable is silly - if you have any foresight you know that "bad dps getting themselves killed" often gets everybody else killed too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    super bad ass wow player over here with his mid-tier achievements and mediocre raidbots stats thinks everybody is "shit" unless they've already done an encounter 20+ times and then they are pro's like him, nothing new here.

give me a break. i'm not sensitive about it. i'll keep tanking whenever i feel like it and then ill pop hotw and fuckin outdps you too. thats how i roll.

- - - Updated - - -

i have a guild i play moonkin in. i'm learning guardian because i hate queue times and think tanking is sort of interesting (i've never explored the role, always dpsed or healed). thats really all this post is about. everyone should be accountable. the fact that tanking is so much more accountable is silly - if you have any foresight you know that "bad dps getting themselves killed" often gets everybody else killed too.
    you clearly are sensitive coming to a forum to cry about it, when you could of used your time wasted here on improving your clearly poor skills.

Except in a pug that's not true. In LFR/flex dps can just randomly die and it doesn't matter. So in pugs tanking is held more accountable, simply because it IS more accountable. Losing a dps in a HC encounter is pretty often a wipe, but in LFR/flex a dps simply doesn't matter. Half of them can die and it still doesn't really matter.

Deleted
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...5-4?p=22402489
    http://sunniersartofwar.com/blog/201...-of-orgrimmar/

Bam took me all of 10 seconds to find the info for you. If you want to tank go into your dbm settings and turn the tank stuff on. Ez game Ez life.

Quote Originally Posted by Knough View Post
    Set the other tank as focus, so you can see his stacks, and the "about 12" is accurate enough because it can vary a bit, just taunt if you have no stacks, letting them climb while you dance out of AoE is okay, but no more than 20 stacks on flex, I'd say.
    You could be more organised, but the other tank probably raged a bit much, and the group could've helped rather than kicked.
    i appreciate the advice but my SUF isnt set up to display tank stacks on the focus frame. it was an oversight when i got my spec set up. thats why i wanted to set up the WA but someone ninja pulled before i could finish and i just went with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fibh View Post
    Except in a pug that's not true. In LFR/flex dps can just randomly die and it doesn't matter. So in pugs tanking is held more accountable, simply because it IS more accountable. Losing a dps in a HC encounter is pretty often a wipe, but in LFR/flex a dps simply doesn't matter. Half of them can die and it still doesn't really matter.
    lol i guess thats true i didn't think of it that way

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nutella View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...5-4?p=22402489
    http://sunniersartofwar.com/blog/201...-of-orgrimmar/

Bam took me all of 10 seconds to find the info for you. If you want to tank go into your dbm settings and turn the tank stuff on. Ez game Ez life.

i did all that shit, i'm not stupid. i did LFR 3 and then i dicked around in proving grounds. i've done the raid like 15 times. i just had a UI problem and i was new at it. you're going to sit there and tell me that all you have to do is watch 1 little video and read the dungeon journal and that makes you perfect at an encounter while pulling Rank 1 DPS? be serious, man

I do agree that tanks have a lot more responsibility for LFR/Flex than any others. However, I always make sure I know a fight as best as I can before attempting to tank it. I agree that the other tank could've been a bit more informative about what you needed to do. But I think *most* people will understand if you need a moment to straighten things out as long as you let the raid chat know. I'm willing to wait an extra minute or two for a tank to understand the fight and get a kill than risk getting a wipe and making a 5-minute encounter a 20-minute one.

i appreciate the advice but my SUF isnt set up to display tank stacks on the focus frame. it was an oversight when i got my spec set up. thats why i wanted to set up the WA but someone ninja pulled before i could finish and i just went with it.

- - - Updated - - -

lol i guess thats true i didn't think of it that way

- - - Updated - - -

i did all that shit, i'm not stupid. i did LFR 3 and then i dicked around in proving grounds. i've done the raid like 15 times. i just had a UI problem and i was new at it. you're going to sit there and tell me that all you have to do is watch 1 little video and read the dungeon journal and that makes you perfect at an encounter while pulling Rank 1 DPS? be serious, man
    If it's set up proper, just jump in again! I started flex pug by running wing 1, slowly, and then 2, and then did them a few times, to learn how to deal with bad healers/tank etc.

No harm in it.
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

10+ Year Old Account
    yea yea, you are the good one and everyone else is wrong! ... no ...
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."

7+ Year Old Account
    Just how in the world do your experiences in flex relate to LFD/LFR queues? Am I missing something?

Yep, you'll have a hard time being a tank during pugs. Experienced that myself, but luckily I'm passed that now. You have to learn the fight as a tank at some point right? Also, guides do never tell everything you need to know about the fight, because most fights offer multiple tactics and there are quite a few other factors to decide about the strategy as well, but yeah it's a good basis. In the end tanks just have to know more about the fights than DPS & Healers, and that's what scares them away. But once you're an experienced tank, and people start to blame you again for whining, you can come back right at them and explain why it's not your fault. Yes, sad but true story: tanks have to defend themselves and explain why they aren't the cause of a wipe.

To keep it short: Tanks just have the biggest responsibility and that's what scares them away.

1+2 = 3

Exactly this. What makes you think you have the right to enjoy a video game instead of doing research and spoiling everything?