Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    wow and I though my over 365 days over 9ish years was bad enough ....

I don't see the issue, if someone enjoys playing wow for hours every day and has a living doing so, good for them!

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol thats nothing ive had clan mates that had over 1000 hours played before Wrath of the lich king came out lol i had 1102 days played total on my Warrior (main 853) and Mage (alt 249) from 2005-2012 on a hardcore lvl does that make me worse haha? oh well atleast i had fun but now i got everything i want and need and im happy with my life and when i look back at that wow period im proud to what i accomplished in the game but life goes on.

Btw i was quite social because all my friends played for allmost that same time period some quit before and some even continued after i quit and i mostly spend my days raiding in the evening mostly from 19:00 till 00:00 and farming herbs and stuff before raids and in the weekends i did dungeons and did some pvp with my mage thats pretty much how my weeks looked like lol but i quit right after the fun was gone.

[Edit] Like someone else said you kind have to take the afk time away from your total played which is like 1/3 of it maybe even more.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2014-08-24 at 10:57 AM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Deleted
    It's his decision whether or not he even wants a social life or to be a "productive member of society" as you put it. If he wants to play WoW all day for the rest of his life and do absolutely nothing else, he may do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    He isn't hurting anyone by doing it and he seems to be enjoying himself. I don't see what's wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because having an office job in which you work 8+ hours a day behind a computer is any different??? Then lets say you've had said job for 9+ years, is that bad? Some call that stability....just because it's outside of what you consider "the norm" doesn't mean this person has no life. You should really think before you post because you sound like a biased, uneducated, idiot. This person is doing what he/she loves and providing for him/herself, nothing wrong with that and I support it!!

#dumbpplhype

It's a hobby like any other, I don't see it as necessarily a bad thing. I've played WoW for around 7 years and I've been unsubbed for almost 1 - But, I think my playtime on my main character was around 400 days.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mytheros View Post
    Holy crap you are disillusioned about the economy right now....you couldn't be more wrong.
    Well, it depends on the country of course. But generally speaking, here in Germany the Economy is on a down trend.
    Opening up our borders for foreign workers didn't exactly relieve the issue either.

Sure, the low paying slave driver segment that kicks you back out as soon as the project is finished always needs workers, but if you want a job that is actually worth your time in terms of payment, well pull a number and get in line.

I've calculated my own since 2005, aparantly I've played at least 4 hours a day.

have 444 days since i started in 2006

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    While i certainly don't care what people do with their time, I do think its a bit excessive to play so much but do what makes you happy.

What I have a hard time comprehending is how someone can still get joy out of WOW playing that much. Must be sorta boring.

Quote Originally Posted by vrsick View Post
    While i certainly don't care what people do with their time, I do think its a bit excessive to play so much but do what makes you happy.

What I have a hard time comprehending is how someone can still get joy out of WOW playing that much. Must be sorta boring.
    Because he loves raiding, playing alts, making gold through sell runs(takes a lot of time up when you do hundreds in a months time).

I am basically in the same boat as him pushing 1100 days played since the game came out, but this is literally the only game I have played in those 9 years.

15+ Year Old Account
    OP is that on one character, or overall on his account(s)?

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    OP is that on one character, or overall on his account(s)?
    Its overall his chars counting his US and EU accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I just saw on one of the streams and that was posted at the top of the screen.

OMG, how does one spend so much time playing this game? You would think that people would get out and be social, or do other things than play a game. It just seemed super excessive to me.

Does anyone else think thats excessive?
    I think you spend as much time on these forums as he does in WoW. Is this more productive?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    IF the economy would need more workers, finding work would be easy, like it was 20 years ago in Germany.
    pssst...... don't say that....
    The unemployment rate in Germany was horrendous 20 yrs ago. Little bit dependent on the states too, some had as much as nearly 14% . Talking about Western states now. It's a lot better nowadays, despite more EU workers competition. But that's another topic altogether
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    I'm a "no lifer".
    I got no friends, haven't left the house for a social reason in like 7 months, and even thene I only went because I really wanted to see a specific movie.

I literally don't get in anybody's way, so I don't see what the problem is.
    You might consider that sad, a waste of my lifetime, but you don't get to decide that now do you.

I consider watching football boring, yet pretty much every male in my country that I interact with asks me if "I saw the game last night".
    Every party I've been to has bored me to tears, The alcohol doesn't really help for me.

The difference is I don't go around saying how sad and pathetic these people are, how they are throwing their lives away on things that in my eyes are worthless and a waste of time. It's simple really, if you're not hurting someone with your actions thene it's nobody's damn bussiness what you do.

I could spend 5 hours a day planting twigs in hexagon shapes in my backyard, if I enjoy doing that it's none of your concerns. Because it doesn't effect you or anyone for that matter.
    I like you. (In a completely non-creepy way)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Its overall his chars counting his US and EU accounts.
    Not counting EU

Do you happen to be family of Salandrin?

P.S.: I've played for 8 years and my ratio isn't too far off 7 hours/day either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    I think you spend as much time on these forums as he does in WoW. Is this more productive?
    First of all, I usually only browse these forums while I am at work, as I have a job that allows me to do so. Second, reading a forum, news sites, educational sites etc helps me to develop my brain and become better educated. Playing a game doesn't do that, let alone playing over 7.5 hours per day for nine years.

I am not dogging the dude for playing that much, I just find it amazing and quite excessive even if it is part of what he does for a living.

Is it the right example to set for his kids / other kids / players? I don't think so. It sends the message, "its okay to sit and be sedentary for the majority of your life," and that example encourages kids to do the same or to think its okay to do so and use "its my hobby" as justification for it.

Again, your hobby could be to rob a bank, but does it mean that its okay to do and to set an example for others to do? No.