Quote Originally Posted by Fenir View Post
    I just came back from a break due to medical reasons and hop on Skype to tell my crew that I would be back in game tomorrow to find out they had all quit.

All 7 of em quit the game cause they said flight wasn't going to happen in WoD, that really sucks. Guess I won't be picking up the expansion or re subbing after all.
    Yah it appears to be the case, my wife and I (along with 9 other people we know) quit for the same reason. Sorry that your people bailed on ya, at least you hadn't
    already re activated your sub though.

It may return in 6.1 we just have to "wait and see" aka "If Blizz loses enough subs it will return"

lol, people quitting over flight. Pathetically hilarious.
    I just came back from a break due to medical reasons and hop on Skype to tell my crew that I would be back in game tomorrow to find out they had all quit.

All 7 of em quit the game cause they said flight wasn't going to happen in WoD, that really sucks. Guess I won't be picking up the expansion or re subbing after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    I am glad you find it funny I obviously don't. Out of the group of people I played with only 3 remain, and one of them said they were going to quit if it wasn't returned in 6.1. There goes my raid group

I am glad you find it funny I obviously don't. Out of the group of people I played with only 3 remain, and one of them said they were going to quit if it wasn't returned in 6.1. There goes my raid group
    If you are going to be a regular on the board your best bet would be to ignore him. Most of us do, even a fair number of his anti flight comrades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't mind Brandon. He's been sort of a borderline sociopath in a lot of this thread. What he's actually saying is "Hawhawhaw people like things that are different that what I like and are willing to stop paying money for a game that doesn't have those things. How pathetic!!1!"

Just in case you needed a translation.

Anyway, few people I know have quit over flight too. They just can't justify logging in to a game where everything's going to take tons more time that it's taking in the current game. Nothing wrong with not paying for a product that doesn't give you what you want. Sorry to hear about your friends.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

I guess it's time to move on then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    If you are going to be a regular on the board your best bet would be to ignore him. Most of us do, even a fair number of his anti flight comrades.
    Listen to this guy. Ignoring people you disagree with ensures you're always correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    Don't mind Brandon. He's been sort of a borderline sociopath in a lot of this thread. What he's actually saying is "Hawhawhaw people like things that are different that what I like and are willing to stop paying money for a game that doesn't have those things. How pathetic!!1!"

Just in case you needed a translation.

Anyway, few people I know have quit over flight too. They just can't justify logging in to a game where everything's going to take tons more time that it's taking in the current game. Nothing wrong with not paying for a product that doesn't give you what you want. Sorry to hear about your friends.
    Yah I may still try WoD I don't know. I wouldn't have quit over this no flight thing not that I am a fan, but having to find a new guild and realizing I will have to pug dungeons that is enough to make me want to quit.

A couple of the guys went over to Wildstar and they just sent me a Beta key. I am downloading the client now. Guess we will see how it goes.

How is it pathetic? If I don't like a change to the game I quit unlike someone.

Yah I may still try WoD I don't know. I wouldn't have quit over this no flight thing not that I am a fan, but having to find a new guild and realizing I will have to pug dungeons that is enough to make me want to quit.

A couple of the guys went over to Wildstar and they just sent me a Beta key. I am downloading the client now. Guess we will see how it goes.
    Wildstar is fun. A couple things though if your friends didn't tell you.

1. It doesn't have flight travel really isn't a pain in the ass though at max level except for one zone.

2. The process you have to go through to get to be able to raid ... well it is kinda overwhelming but the tedious parts go fast and the rest of it is fun.

3. Dungeons are no joke

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant View Post
    How is it pathetic? If I don't like a change to the game I quit unlike someone.
    It is pathetic because he doesn't think it is a big deal. He can't grasp why people don't think riding through an area for the 100th time on your way to a objective to be dismounted by a mob that poses no threat challenge or reward is not fun or compelling game play.

Kinda like how a redneck thinks physics is dumb cause he can't grasp it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Wildstar is fun. A couple things though if your friends didn't tell you.

1. It doesn't have flight travel really isn't a pain in the ass though at max level except for one zone.

2. The process you have to go through to get to be able to raid ... well it is kinda overwhelming but the tedious parts go fast and the rest of it is fun.

3. Dungeons are no joke

- - - Updated - - -

It is pathetic because he doesn't think it is a big deal. He can't grasp why people don't think riding through an area for the 100th time on your way to a objective to be dismounted by a mob that poses no threat challenge or reward is not fun or compelling game play.

Thanks for the info. This download looks like it is going to take all night so I am just going to bed.

lol why are you running through packs of mobs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I find your lack of logic disturbing.
    Educate yourself starting with this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampling_(statistics)
    Thanks but I prefer to believe what I was taught at my grad level statistics course at the university, rather than some random guy on WoW forums.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    The results overwhelming show that people think flying should be in the game as soon as people finish leveling. Just like it has been for the last 7 years. Nice try though, LOL
    Pick up your dictionary, look up "maybe". Then read the second choice of the poll again. There is no option that says: "No flying at start, but yes right after leveling", the logical choice for people of that opinion would've been to pick "yes", although the choices are not very well drafted.

The poll overwhelmingly shows people don't want flying at start, and that even if half the undecideds decided they do in fact want flying later, the majority would still not want flying at any point of the xpac.

lol why are you running through packs of mobs?
    b.c. they are between you and the node you want to mine... or one of the other 1,0000000000000 reasons?

and yeah the people that said MMO-C would be a biased sample are absolutely correct. The only way to get an accurate poll would be one of 2 ways, an offiicail email from blizzard to log into ur b.net account and vote and/or when you log into the game it prompts you to vote b4 you can do anything else... And only one vote per account, and let it run for a month to give the most people the chance to log in. Right now would probably be a bad time as well due to what i'd wager is a skewed active population in the game.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    On the other hand, me and my 26 imaginary friends will return because of no flying!

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    b.c. they are between you and the node you want to mine... or one of the other 1,0000000000000 reasons?
    Then kill them, just like you had to do in vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    Then kill them, just like you had to do in vanilla.
    Or player could always try to go around them, if that's possible instead of just zerging through.

Alright, here is Player X - say hello to him. He has a Quest objective, where he would need to go to circle area and pick-up a relic for Ancient Priest Monobaba in Talador.

Alright, so we due his fast observation skills, he noticed that there's a area with high mob density. How is he going to get to the relic? Is it going to be rambo-style and oneshot everything with explosive arrows or it is going to be more sneaky way in?

A) Rambo-style:

So, you decided to pick choice A: Rambo-style. Player X choose geographically the fastest way due lowest amount of meters needed to move, but sadly you wanted to go through a area with high density of hostile mobs waiting for you.

After a short while, all mobs are dead and you successfully picked up the relic for Monobaba. Great job, and even earned few extra golds while completing the Quest as you managed to find a rare BoE item which just happened to be very wanted among Twink -population, congratulations.

B) Sneaky way:

So, you decided to pick choice B: Sneaky way. Player X choose a bit longer route as he's not that large fan of combat.

After a short while, you've reached your destination and sadly... even with your exceptionally good scouting skills, you bumped into two patrols on the way there, but you got your relic - it's time to head back to Monobaba. Great job, mission completed.

*The idea wasn't to try to fool you that you could completely skip the enemies in all situations, but if you think before you act, there's a possibility that alternative route may offer less resistance, but a few meters longer path.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    40.89% is a majority....lol
    +1

People are so bad with math.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Or player could always try to go around them, if that's possible instead of just zerging through.

Alright, here is Player X - say hello to him. He has a Quest objective, where he would need to go to circle area and pick-up a relic for Ancient Priest Monobaba in Talador.
    Ok man bet lets look at the more likely results for max level content..

Alright, so we due his fast observation skills, he noticed that there's a area with high mob density. How is he going to get to the relic? Is it going to be rambo-style and oneshot everything with explosive arrows or it is going to be more sneaky way in?

A) Rambo-style:

So, you decided to pick choice A: Rambo-style. Player X choose geographically the fastest way due lowest amount of meters needed to move, but sadly you wanted to go through a area with high density of hostile mobs waiting for you.

After a short while, all mobs are dead and you successfully picked up the relic for Monobaba. Great job, and even earned few extra golds while completing the Quest as you managed to find a rare BoE item which just happened to be very wanted among Twink -population, congratulations.
    You kill the mobs make about 50 silver, and that is it. While you were fighting someone ran past you and grabbed the Relic of Monobaba .. so you are forced to sit and wait until it respawns.

B) Sneaky way:

So, you decided to pick choice B: Sneaky way. Player X choose a bit longer route as he's not that large fan of combat.
    After a short while, you've reached your destination and sadly... even with your exceptionally good scouting skills, you bumped into two patrols on the way there, but you got your relic - it's time to head back to Monobaba. Great job, mission completed.
    You are riding your mount in what appears to be the less annoying path (notice I didn't say dangerous). Low an behold you get agro and stunned from a mob. While fighting it another player runs past you and grabs the relic. Now again forced to wait for it to respawn.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How ground mounts work in MMOs

You drive from A to B
    You encounter mobs on the way
    You drive past them
    They aggro
    They run after you
    You arrived at B but mobs are still aggroed
    You drive past point B in hopes for mobs to let go.
    While doing so you accidentally aggro another pack of mobs
    You drive in circles around point B trying to shake them off.
    You drive past guards hoping they will help you.
    Finally they "evade" away
    And you proceed to point B.
    Right away you drive to a local FP and unlock it so you will NEVER EVER again drive on ground mount between A and B.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    How ground mounts work in MMOs

You drive from A to B
    You encounter mobs on the way
    You drive past them
    They aggro
    They run after you
    You arrived at B but mobs are still aggroed
    You drive past point B in hopes for mobs to let go.
    While doing so you accidentally aggro another pack of mobs
    You drive in circles around point B trying to shake them off.
    You drive past guards hoping they will help you.
    Finally they "evade" away
    And you proceed to point B.
    Right away you drive to a local FP and unlock it so you will NEVER EVER again drive on ground mount between A and B.
    Sounds like deeply rich and compelling gated gameplay.