WoD + Runeforging Questions

Few things I was wondering about:
    • It looks like the swordshattering/swordbreaking runes are gone, understandably. But what about the visual, the red dripping blood visual? I still want that, it was awesome on a blood dk weapon! Does anyone know if that's returning in some form or another?
    • Is the Fallen Crusader rune perk any good for unholy? I remember when I first saw that I thought it seemed odd and out of place, presumably intended as a survivability perk. Is it actually much of a self healing increase?
    • What do the spellbreaking/spellshattering runes still get used for?
    • Why do we still have Rune of Lichbane?
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

Quote Originally Posted by Atonement View Post
    Few things I was wondering about:
    • It looks like the swordshattering/swordbreaking runes are gone, understandably. But what about the visual, the red dripping blood visual? I still want that, it was awesome on a blood dk weapon! Does anyone know if that's returning in some form or another?
    • Is the Fallen Crusader rune perk any good for unholy? I remember when I first saw that I thought it seemed odd and out of place, presumably intended as a survivability perk. Is it actually much of a self healing increase?
    • What do the spellbreaking/spellshattering runes still get used for?
    • Why do we still have Rune of Lichbane?
    1. There's the Savagery Enchant
    2. I guess, it's not much =/ it's kinda just there.
    3. I can't even fathom
    4. Why indeed?
    Nyaaaa~

Deleted
    Got good news then! There will enchant illusions in WoD, which will basically change the enchant visual into your heart's desire! They're called Illusion - Mongoose and whatnot, I'm not sure of the details, however. But it was quite confirmed a while ago! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Diezel View Post
    Got good news then! There will enchant illusions in WoD, which will basically change the enchant visual into your heart's desire! They're called Illusion - Mongoose and whatnot, I'm not sure of the details, however. But it was quite confirmed a while ago! ^_^
    do these work for runeforg though or just enchants :P

i do believe reforges are enchants, just dk specific ones

i really hope so because that would suck so bad not being able to.

Some are made by enchanters and some in your Garrison. Though it made be the Enchanting profession follower. There's a tweet on the front page that references the PvP Illusions being tied to your garrison due to the ratings.

Oh thats awesome, so so awesome

Shame about the FC perk :/

Deleted
    Ah- it's from Garrisons!

According to dev it's every visual, and many of the runeforges share visuals with enchants. Berserking replaces the swordbreakings, Lichbane replaces the Fire one, now, Cinderclacier and Razorice were uncommon, though Crusader was close to Cinder.

There's a tweet on the front page that references the PvP Illusions being tied to your garrison due to the ratings.
    My guess they'll be tied to class-specific as well, mostly not to see other classes feigning runeforges, not like it'd be a big deal, they don't look different from enchants unless Razorice! I'm happy I'll have another, more quaint glow for Ashkandi, Stoneskin Gargoyle and Fallen Crusader weren't fitting too well mhm!

My guess they'll be tied to class-specific as well
    They added the effects from Windfury weapon Frostband Weapon etc to the list a few builds back with Class: Shaman tags, so expect runeforges should make an appearance with this system hopefully.

But anyhow, so, like until the other day I'd have thought there was no use for Control Undead, but then I discovered the Plague Scientist while soloing 25hc ICC in Unholy, which more than validated its existence in my mind.

So.
    Is there anything like this for Spellshattering/Spellbreaking/Lichbane? I just.. i dunno.

The spell reduction runeforges are potentially useful when tanks are taking far more magical damage than physical, this situation isn't exactly common though.

Lichbane is never going to be a bigger damage increase than the runeforges we currently use in any realistic situation.

Lichbane is so important that I can't even remember what it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Lichbane is so important that I can't even remember what it does.
    2% weapon damage as fire, 4% against undead targets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    The spell reduction runeforges are potentially useful when tanks are taking far more magical damage than physical, this situation isn't exactly common though.

Lichbane is never going to be a bigger damage increase than the runeforges we currently use in any realistic situation.
    Lei shi is the only fight ever where spellshattering beats stoneskin gargoyle
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

The FC Unholy perk is just a slight bit of self survivability probably due to the less then nice cost of DS for Unholy. It def doesn't make up the healing overall, but it's a slight better amount of healing from it so it don't hurt really.