10+ Year Old Account

Old and New Elite sets

Hello, sorry to bring up (a probably) old topic,but has blizzard ever said anything about bringing old "pvp" elite sets into the game?
    The reason i'm asking is because the new wod elite sets have sick models and it would be a shame to let all that work go to waste after the season's end.
    I dont want to spark up a topic about "how only top players deserve them",Im of an opinion that they should be limited to the best at the time of the season/expansion but after they have their share of glory let everyone have them.
    Sorry if i ramble on a bit and apologies for the grammar,english isn't my first language.

Yes. They said they're staying removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any information about the new "elite" sets? I'm asking because they probably took a lot more work than the old recoloured ones.

Could have been a good option for the BMAH

10+ Year Old Account
    in that case i'd rather they just remove them

The recollored elite sets from Cata, MoP etc. are staying unobtainable, as that is the whole point.

The elite sets from WoD, since they use unique models, are probably going to become available at a later date but - I assume - with a different recollor.

I think they're actually doing this for WoD with MoP challenge mode sets.
    The reason i'm asking is because the new wod elite sets have sick models and it would be a shame to let all that work go to waste after the season's end.
    It's not going to waste. People who obtained them will still have them and enjoy them.
    Im of an opinion that they should be limited to the best at the time of the season/expansion but after they have their share of glory let everyone have them.
    Bad opinion. Some stuff needs to remain exclusive and unobtainable past a certain point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigana View Post
    Bad opinion. Some stuff needs to remain exclusive and unobtainable past a certain point.
    Thanks for the information , as for my opinion i think a lot of people would agree (as far as I've read on wow forums) that removing stuff from the game, especially something that required quite a lot of work isnt exactly a smart thing.But to each their own I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMayor View Post
    Thanks for the information , as for my opinion i think a lot of people would agree (as far as I've read on wow forums) that removing stuff from the game, especially something that required quite a lot of work isnt exactly a smart thing.But to each their own I guess.
    Except that nothing is removed from the game. It's merely made unobtainable past a certain point. Unobtainable =/= removed.

To be sure, it would be bad if a lot of stuff was made unobtainable like this. However, there should always be SOME rewards - like gladiator mounts, elite sets, challenge mode sets, etc. - that are super-rare and made all the more so by becoming unobtainable later. Since these are all vanity items, they do not affect other people's game in any way, they are merely a little badge of honor to be worn by those who have obtained them when they were current.

Also, you can always use the model-changing addon (I don't know its name) to make yourself or your mounts look whichever way you want.

EDIT: There is also a need to promote competition. The more exclusive a reward is, the more players are motivated to get it. If these rewards were made available to anyone come next season (or expansion) then a huge chunk of the playerbase would have no incentive whatsoever to try and push ratings.
    Last edited by Gigana; 2014-08-25 at 12:30 PM.

Deleted
    ofc the hordes of bads would agree

doesn't mean it's good

use Tmorph if you want them so badly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    use Tmorph if you want them so badly
    Using Tmorph is bannable and i have no intention of losing my account.
    And for what Gigana said I mostly agree , there should be some that show the work and effort the person has put in the game, but they do have items like that - the mount as you have said,titles and the tabard.Another point i would like to make is that while pvp content gets becomes unobtainable/gets removed for 99% of the ppl, while most of the pve content stays in game and is possible to acquire (yes i know about T3 and dungeon sets).

I dont want to cause confusion I play pvp and enjoy it alot,but not a lot of people are capable of pushing the rating up to 2200 or what ever the requirement is.So all i'm "asking" is that unique models are made available - I am not implying they should be easy to get for all I care they should boost the price up by 50%.

Deleted
    I don't see the harm in keeping them available to the people who've earned them honestly. I started PvPing really late this season and although I have 2.2k in 3s I've got 3-4 pieces of elite armor yet to purchase, and every week brings patch 6.0 closer. I should get them, but I'd be a bit gutted if I missed one or two and they were lost forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be Ok with that , let them stay at a game but you could only purchase them once you have like 2000 or 2200 rating - no matter what season.It would still give incentive to push rating,they wouldn't be so common, and the best would have their glory in the current season.

I would be Ok with that , let them stay at a game but you could only purchase them once you have like 2000 or 2200 rating - no matter what season.It would still give incentive to push rating,they wouldn't be so common, and the best would have their glory in the current season.
    I like this idea. I generally do not play continuously but for like a number of months and then I take a break. Achieving 2200 in one season over another isn't a big deal. Eh it's whatever to me though, all I want in WoW is the Warlock Mythic armor. I might have to get back into the raiding scene for a few months haha

Quote Originally Posted by Gigana View Post
    Bad opinion.
    Never change MMOC.

Using Tmorph is bannable and i have no intention of losing my account.
    I am not sure this is still the case. I think blizz dont care anymore, just look at all the streamers using it with impunity.
    And for what Gigana said I mostly agree , there should be some that show the work and effort the person has put in the game, but they do have items like that - the mount as you have said,titles and the tabard.Another point i would like to make is that while pvp content gets becomes unobtainable/gets removed for 99% of the ppl, while most of the pve content stays in game and is possible to acquire (yes i know about T3 and dungeon sets).
    See, the problem is: mounts, titles, and tabards suffer from two problems:

#1 they require extremely high rating, unreachable for literally 99.5% of the playerbase, so as far as mid tier players are concerned these rewards might as well not exist

#2 you can't really see them - I personally don't read people's titles and I doubt many people do, and tabards are such a small detail you won't even notice it unless the owner is afk (you'll certainly never notice a tabard inside and arena or RBG match), even the mount you can only see for a couple seconds before the guy dismounts

Simply put, the elite sets and enchants have a lot more value and are thus much more inspiring to an average player. This is precisely why blizz puts them on mid-tier ratings like 2000-2200, where they are within reach of a passionate (but not hardcore) pvp-er.
    I dont want to cause confusion I play pvp and enjoy it alot,but not a lot of people are capable of pushing the rating up to 2200 or what ever the requirement is.So all i'm "asking" is that unique models are made available - I am not implying they should be easy to get for all I care they should boost the price up by 50%.
    I too hope the unique models will be available, but with a different color from the elite one. That, I feel, would be most fair to everyone.

I see no reason to make old elite sets available, however. They are already freely available in the regular color, after all.