Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Man.. Loss for words

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TRENCHCRAFT View Post
    And for fuck's sake, they didn't "beat" him at all. His mom slapped him a couple of times and he wailed like an idiot. Stop with the "DEY BEAT DA KID" stuff, it makes you nearly as dumb as the people in the video.
    What do you think assault is? Seriously?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    I don't know, I find it weird to sit here on the internet and condemn strangers for not accepting something that I accept. Just saying.
    Because its homophobia instead of say racism or sexism?

And for fuck's sake, they didn't "beat" him at all. His mom slapped him a couple of times and he wailed like an idiot. Stop with the "DEY BEAT DA KID" stuff, it makes you nearly as dumb as the people in the video.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault

"In common law, assault is the act of creating apprehension of an imminent harmful or offensive contact with a person.[1]"

The law doesn't care.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Then I think you have your answer as to why the majority are condemning this.
    I might have read some posts in a different way

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Similar reason in attempting to record police brutality. Hearing about things and seeing something are the difference between abstract and tangible in many people's minds
    This was hardly brutality though, it was x10 more verbal abuse than physical. If he can't take a few smacks from his momma without sucking it up and moving out and cutting them off he's gonna have a tough time in life facing other gay bashers.

What do you think assault is? Seriously?
    There's a big difference between some technical legal assault and "beating" (not that I'm saying she even really 'assaulted' him). She slapped him a few times, and it's apparent it didn't even hurt him much. If you're going to sit here and bitch on internet forums every time a mother slaps her kid, your life is going to be even more worthless than it was already destined to be.

- - - Updated - - -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault

"In common law, assault is the act of creating apprehension of an imminent harmful or offensive contact with a person.[1]"

The law doesn't care.
    If you think she's going to get arrested for just slapping him a few times then you're beyond hope and I'm going to add you to forum ignore, now.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a big difference between some technical legal assault and "beating" (not that I'm saying she even really 'assaulted' him). She slapped him a few times, and it's apparent it didn't even hurt him much. If you're going to sit here and bitch on internet forums every time a mother slaps her kid, your life is going to be even more worthless than it was already destined to be.
    Yeah, justify a parent hitting their kid for something as trivial as this more why dont you. You make the South oh so proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    I might have read some posts in a different way
    I mean, don't get me wrong, its probably pretty clear what my opinion is on disowning a gay son, even without the assault. I am totes condemning them for that. But all that aside, the physical shit is just unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    Dayum, the mods are out in force tonight - took less than 60 seconds :O
    Please don't do that - I tried to make it very obvious it was me doing the 'editing'

10+ Year Old Account
    Domestic violence isn't a crime anymore guys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Because its homophobia instead of say racism or sexism?
    I don't know, I'd say there is a difference between disliking homosexuality, and then be aggressive or negative towards it. Granted this video is not the best example of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Yeah, justify a parent hitting their kid for something as trivial as this more why dont you. You make the South oh so proud.
    I'm not justifying anything. If you read what I was saying instead of just getting asshurt that I don't just agree with you, you might glean that.

- - - Updated - - -

Domestic violence isn't a crime anymore guys.
    And lucky enough for you oversimplifying a situation to serve your desires for the situation's outcome on a backwater internet forum where you're basically anonymous isn't a crime, either.

- - - Updated - - -

If you think she's going to get arrested for just slapping him a few times then you're beyond hope and I'm going to add you to forum ignore, now.
    You need to take a nap and/or read some case studies. People get arrested for much less than multiple slaps to the face. But keep living in your isolated world of infallibility.

Deleted
    I mean, don't get me wrong, its probably pretty clear what my opinion is on disowning a gay son, even without the assault. I am totes condemning them for that. But all that aside, the physical shit is just unacceptable.
    I completely agree that the assault is unacceptable, and I don't like that they'd disown there son for being gay. I just tried to get across that I couldn't really condemn them for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    asshurt

Oh boy here it goes

Wow, and to believe over the centuries millions of people died over fairy tale stories.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Please don't do that - I tried to make it very obvious it was me doing the 'editing'
    It's 2AM and I've been drinking Give me a break

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    When legal definitions of a crime aren't enough to convince you that something is a crime, it is clear and obvious you are not here to engage in any rational debate. I shouldn't have been bated so easily, but I assure you it won't happen again. Thank you for enlightening me on your character good sir