Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    That would go straight to the police as assault and hate crimes.
    i wonder how they will like the inside of a prison since wouldnt the police be obligated to do an investigation for the crime in question?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Yattz View Post
    Ha, nice one!

And lol to the people bashing religion yet complaining abt ppl being 'closed minded' hahaha and 2 mor hahas
    Common trend on this forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well look at that. I'm actually shaking a bit because I am so outraged at the sheer level of ignorance,
    bigotry, intolerance, act of violence toward their child, and the disowning of their child.

Admittedly, wishing to exhibit acts of violence towards the parents for their fucking stupidity solves
    nothing, but goddammit if it won't make me feel a lot better. Although I'm sure there'd be quite a long
    line of people who want to give these failures for parents a nice shot in the mouth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Because people are so close minded, and stuck on ancient traditions. They think guys who like dick are aliens not human. That's why they crucify them so quickly. I find it ironic that a lot of Christians are the ones that crucify people, and stone them.
    Once again I have to mention that atheist (and any form of group of people that label themselves towards any belief) do as well
    Last edited by mmoccd6b5b3be4; 2014-08-28 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I wasn't implying anything - I was stating that 46% (i.e. just shy of half) of Americans take <insert something here> over science, reason and logic.

This isn't bashing, nor opinion - just the raw data.
    Ah, another that thinks not being an atheist is going against science, reason, and logic, even though none of those things support atheism.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Ah, another that thinks not being an atheist is going against science, reason, and logic, even though none of those things support atheism.
    I wasn't posting thoughts - just facts. Please recognise the difference. Well over half of the USA are not atheists, so obviously science reason and logic are not exclusive to atheists.

Just the 46% of the total that deny science, reason and logic for a higher power.

The yelling and smacking is where I think the family is in the wrong here.

They have absolutely every right to not approve or support him if they so choose and he is 18 or older. I'd probably distance myself from my son if he was gay, and if he was 18 or older, he'd need to move out and get his own place. I wouldn't yell or become violent. He has the right to do what he wants with his life after he's 18. And I also have the right to distance myself from him like I would anyone else I don't want to associate with.

But the screaming, and more importantly, the smacking, is totally uncalled for. Histrionics never help anything.

I don't get why you guys can't just argue the action and just remove the whole religion thing. It's not like suddenly the only reason for homophobia is religion. There are TONS of people who just don't like gay folks, with out any excuses. Even with the overtone here, it's not needed for the argument at all cause the reason to hate does not have to exist only in that context. if that makes any sense.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't implying anything - I was stating that 46% (i.e. just shy of half) of Americans take <insert something here> over science, reason and logic.

This isn't bashing, nor opinion - just the raw data.
    I believe a lot of people would have a difficult time with your interpretation. You do know that some highly respected scientists follow a religion, right? It may not be a high percentage, but it's certainly not 0%.

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    LEt's not even go there because pedos will claim they were born liking little kids just as gays do saying they were born that way. Not even comparable.
    Why? Some people can defend themselves with this argument and some can not? What's the difference?
    Fyi: old ass guys marry 6 years old girls in islamic countries and everyone thinks it's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    I believe a lot of people would have a difficult time with your interpretation.
    Again - not interpretation, just raw data ... I never said 100% of non-atheists, I specifically said 46% of Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    The yelling and smacking is where I think the family is in the wrong here.

They have absolutely every right to not approve or support him if they so choose and he is 18 or older. I'd probably distance myself from my son if he was gay, and if he was 18 or older, he'd need to move out and get his own place. I wouldn't yell or become violent. He has the right to do what he wants with his life after he's 18. And I also have the right to distance myself from him like I would anyone else I don't want to associate with.

But the screaming, and more importantly, the smacking, is totally uncalled for. Histrionics never help anything.
    Having a close family member distance themselves from you for who you are hurts a hell of a lot more than being smacked, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    I have a gay son and honestly I would fucking love to take a metal bat to this bitch's face. I will never forget the fear in my son's eyes when he told me he was gay despite I knew it for a VERY long time. I want these "parents" dead.
    wtf

I find your attitude even more disgusting that you actually want people killed over this.

in future people that aren't pro-gay will be killed, how tolerant.
    Last edited by btorz; 2014-08-28 at 07:10 AM.

Again - not interpretation, just raw data ... I never said 100% of non-atheists, I specifically said 46% of Americans.
    Out of curiosity, what specific study are we looking at? If there was a link, I missed it ><.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    I have a gay son and honestly I would fucking love to take a metal bat to this bitch's face. I will never forget the fear in my son's eyes when he told me he was gay despite I knew it for a VERY long time. I want these "parents" dead.
    i say suing them for every penny and having them live the rest of their lives in poverty in the depths of despair knowing they will never own a house again until eventually they snap and hang themselves is a much more fitting punishment.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryusei View Post
    Why? Some people can defend themselves with this argument and some can not? What's the difference?
    Fyi: old ass guys marry 6 years old girls in islamic countries and everyone thinks it's okay.
    Someone can have a predilection for murder and one could argue that they have no choice, but that doesn't make it ok. Some actions are deemed destructive and thus unlawful in society. I understand morality (and especially legislation regarding morality) can be an extremely sticky subject, but your appeal implies that laws are all hypocritical as no one has choice. In regards to pedophilia, while some cultures don't have as much of a problem with it and I'll be the first person to admit that the age of consent is somewhat of an arbitrary line in the sand, that line exists so that we're not constantly scratching our heads over subjective interpretation on constant case by case basis things involving young and old sex. Consent will always be the deciding difference you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Out of curiosity, what specific study are we looking at? If there was a link, I missed it ><.
    Several studies ... (you can check them out via google) asking if people believed in facts (evolution, age of the earth) or bible (creation, young earth). The figures ranged from 44% to over 50%... 46% being from what I found to be from a number of professionally done polls (Gallup).

If 46% of a population can trust a <something> over that of science, reason and logic - that doesn't bode well when it comes to less 'real' things. (<-- that's an opinion for those having trouble with the difference).

10+ Year Old Account
    How exactly was this data gathered without some level of interpretation? I doubt they polled 100,000 random people and asked if they were rational or not. It was probably worded "do you put more weight in science or faith", but a lot subjectivity is involved in that question actually. I don't think it's near as cut and dry as you are insisting it is

EDIT: Just saw your post above me. Believe it or not, you can chalk up a WHOLE lot of doubt on evolution in this country to how poorly it is taught. Not even joking. No one seems to bring up speciation in classrooms, just "we were monkeys and then neanderthals now us lol yep".
    Just giving benefit of the doubt, a lot of skepticism is from how poorly science is presented.
    Last edited by Tyrgannus; 2014-08-28 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryusei View Post
    Ok I'll bite for you here.
    There is no difference actually. Both things are situations a person is born into, and both things are not something you can erase from a person. But it's low hanging fruit to toss prejudicial bullshit about them at folks so it's just easier not to get into the literal parts about it, cause people just can't cope.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    How exactly was this data gathered without some level of interpretation? I doubt they polled 100,000 random people and asked if they were rational or not.
    They asked specific questions in the one I looked at - relating to origin of humans and age of the earth (i.e. facts). Also - you don't need anywhere near 100,000 people to get a statistically valid sample. Nearer 2000 gives you close to 100% veracity.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2014-08-28 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Universe should have read Earth...