Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I farm old instances and sell transmog gear. It helps to be on a RP server. Some level 20 stuff can go for pretty outrageous prices for example.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    challenge modes

double carries yield about 60k a day for me when i actually do em
    Last edited by Redpanda; 2014-08-28 at 03:57 PM.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

The moment you tell everyone how you make your money is the moment that everyone else runs around doing it assuring that the market crashes and you are unable to make money doing it anymore.

The first rule of profit club is to not talk about profit club. The less competition you have the better off you will be.

Making a lot of money usually requires figuring out what people need and what people are willing to pay a profitable amount for. Then you should not focus on that thing solely as it is only a matter of time before it craps out on you. Diversify your products and know when to hold em, know when to fold em.

In the end of Cata I sold PVP gear because everyone wanted to jump over the heroic dungeons directly into LFR gear for their normal runs. I made a lot of bank and I got out of the trade just before the market crashed once the majority of players got the gear they wanted in normal raids near the end of the expansion. My competition was still trying to sell their pvp gear several months after mop started when it was useless.

Things like Gems have certain phases where they are not profitable, these include the first tier of an expansion and the last few months of an expansion. In the beginning there is very little gear that has gem slots and if it does have a gem slot it only has 1 slot. In the last tier everything has lots of gem slots but once people have the majority of the BIS gear they wanted they no longer need to gem anything and if they do pursue any other gear it is for transmog purposes and they don't gem those. Gem's also sell better on mondays->Thursday but loose value on the weekend when people are running content in hopes of getting better gear, why socket something you may replace?

Any time someone gives you a sure fire way to make a profit ignore it, go find your own way. The more something is profitable the more people will be doing it and dropping the value of the product just to move it.

Bot 2 toons on windward island with potion of luck, makes about 20k a day

Prices for Pandaria materials aren't very profitable anymore, unless you are getting leather (at least on my server). Leather stacks still go for ~50g, which I don't really understand.

Golden Lotus, at best ~20g now.

Potions and Flasks are basically worthless and you have to survive off of procs to make a small profit. So it's not really worth it.

Sha Crystal, maybe ~60g if you're lucky.

Gem cuts are so flooded with no one purchasing them that it's pointless. It's better to sell uncut gems.

Trillium bars go up in value when the Black Prince buff is on. Sometimes can get 400-500 gold a stack, depending on how many people are smelting.

Embersilk bags go for ~400g or more. Mainly due to the rarity of Hypnotic Dust and people not wanting to farm it. Little secret, cap your justice or honor and go purchase 40 hypnotic dust from the Cataclysm vendor.

I personally run Heroic dungeons with my wife (Blood DK and Shadow Priest, AoE pull everything). Both of us are close to 570 item level, so we can practically solo them. Average completion time is about 5 minutes and we walk away with a nice haul for the time spent (100g-200g+ each time, selling everything. Multiply that by two and it's pretty good.). If people are jerks in the group we just roll need on everything we can and it brings in even more. Sometimes a nice BoE blue will drop as well, and if we win those they usually bring in 1000+ gold.

Also been stockpiling old crafting materials (such as Living Steel when they are cheap) that will become more rare as people won't be making them as much.

And of course Battle Pets will always be a sure way to make gold. But they can take a lot of time to get that could be better spend elsewhere.

I'd really like to tell you, cause I am making a stupid amount of money. At least 5k a day if I really wanted. But currently NO ONE else is selling what I'm selling, and I'd like to keep it that way (at least on my server).

I also sell mongoose/old enchants for 800+each, embersilk bags
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxerlol View Post
    I still think that the most effective way to make gold is just by doing 25 dailies per day- you can rack up a serious amount of money for little effort if you are decent geared.

At the moment, most of my money comes from timeless isle- killing rares for pets, farming Emp shaohao rep and selling the stuff that drops from mobs, that kind of stuff.

I find that when im not thinking about farming gold and just doing achievements etc, then the money just piles in without me noticing!
    Anyone who uses 'dailies' and 'little effort' in the same sentence can be safely ignored.

/roll gambling in raid. I've been pretty lucky, made about 100k off my guildmates so far.

I don't do dailies or sell anything. I log on to raid nowadays and that's it.

Selling arena carries(ranging from 150g to 250g/w) and buying the brutal 1hander with honor as an honor dump+easy gold.

Quote Originally Posted by max94 View Post
    Hello Khaze41. I was struggling with making gold too and I know how it feels. About 4 months ago I found a plugin called "Tycoon Gold Guide" which allowed me to make 500% more gold than normally. It pretty much tells you everything you need, step by step, to do in order to make more gold. You can read more about it here wowreview.weebly.com/tycoon-gold-guide.html . I hope it helps you too and good luck buddy!
    How embarrassing for you that you can download similar add-ons for free. The game is 10 years old. Are people really still falling for this stuff?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    How embarrassing for you that you can download similar add-ons for free. The game is 10 years old. Are people really still falling for this stuff?
    Funny how you fell yourself. But to get to your point, I don't even wanna know hom much money ppl did (and prolly still do) with those "guides"... A lot of pocket money down the sink

BTW I once participated in one of these "rush mount, get gold" runs, luckily won 100K. That was a couple of years ago, still living off it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quests, dungeons/raids, and selling things. You know, by just playing the game. I find it amazing how people, after all these years of WoW, people are still begging for gold or even buying gold which in a way is more pathetic than begging.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2014-08-28 at 10:05 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

¾ merchanting anything as long as it's worth over 100G p.p.
    ¼ craft tons of JC gems and resell them every 12 hours, as usually only ± 10% actually sells per attempt

Got enough gold to buy a handful of the upcoming Alliance Choppers (not buying one though :P)

Running old raids, selling gear and mini pets.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

farming mogu with potions of luck is ridiculously profitable right now. unfortunately you are very likely to run into a lot of bots

I make sure to max out my Lei Shen keys every week as best as possible. Today I did m hunter and forgot to use my keys last week so I had 13 keys and got another 2 keys purchasing the treasure boxes.

How do I get so many keys? I do the 15 minute trick where you kill as many rares as possible in 15 minutes and then run back and loot them. I usually use an alt on a low pop server to transfer my characters off my high pop realm as well. I almost always get Luban, Molthor, God-Hulk, Goda, Projentius, Haywire, and the Zandalari dude plus a chest.

If I average 5 keys a character at roughly 500g a key that comes out to 25k+ a week. Tillers on 11 characters at an average of 6 golden lotus / day turned into potions of luck comes out to almost another 10k a week. All that stuff requires some minimal time effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    You do realize that 9 out of 10 WoW players never had more than 10k in their pockets at any given time?
    I highly doubt that. Dailies alone would get you that much in like a week..

I boost flex with my 585+ ilvl team for 30-50k gold/day.

OP, here's a somewhat devilish idea for you:

People are preparing for WoD. They think they know what needs stocking up and will turn a profit (not saying it won't). Try to fulfill their needs. :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Threads like this always make me kind of chuckle....

How do you make money?
    If I tell you, I let you in on my "secret" and that could affect my revenue.
    If you ask and I answer in public chances are that my revenue evaporates..
    No one with common logic sense would answer such question conclusive.
    That would be the same as lending someone 50 bucks so they can play poker with you.
    They might win.... Then they don't owe you anything anymore, instead they've taken your other money from you too lol
    Some things you simply don't do. Some things you simply don't reveal.
    How to speed level from X - Z... A no no... Once it becomes public, it's gonna get nerfed into the ground.
    How to make money? Same thing.. The moment the strats are public, the strats won't work much longer anymore.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."