10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Flight paths still force you to go through the content after landing to spot X (flight master), instead of flying over it.
    Much less "content" since you fly over most of what you want to skip. When I'm at max level in WoD and I want to go somewhere, I will use flight taxis to skip large amounts of "content". That said, the penalty of no flying at max level will push me into Garrison to use official Blizzard garrisons bots to play the game for me and queue for content. For me, no flying at max level is a poor way to gate content.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary View Post
    The worst of both worlds. The speed is not the problem, I'm all for 250% ground mounts. Avoiding terrain is the problem.
    Agreed. This is where blizzard showed their true colors. If the removal of flying were really based on not skipping content, we would have 250% or higher ground mounts or 1000% flight points.

We do not have that though. All we have is the removal of flying and nothing else. This is why I believe this is a gate. We have all read for months how much the expansion has been slashed.

No flight slows down consumption of content. Such a shame. I remember when the game was designed to be played. Npw it is about gates gates and more gates.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am sure they will add flying in after a while, regardless of what blizz says Now.

We all KNOW what Blizz says Today means SHIT and cannot believe/trust in their words.
    When numbers decline in subs, and people are sick of being on ground they will add flying in. Money talks. As it is, people are already pised at an xpac thats more a content patch then an xpac.

Blizzard is total fail these days, they have lost the plot and one eyed with inc $$$ and far too often make changes far to late were more subs have gone an dgame/population is hurt even further.
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

Deleted
    This is still upsetting people?

Ok.

I'd prefer it to be slower than ground mount, since it grants the ability to ignore terrain and obstacles.

Maybe 60%, like the slower one used to be, hehe.
    Should be the rental flying mount speed from the quest you get in storm peak.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    I am sure it will be similar to what is happening here.

If only a small fragment of the playerbase that visits this particular forum has managed to post close to 18,000 times in this thread alone, what will happen when over 6 million discover flying is gone?

All WOW related forums exploded for months, shit they are still exploding over flight. What exactly do you think is going to happen when the remaining 6,785,000 subscribers discover flying is deleted and all we have is snail speed mounts?
    Nothing. The only reason the forums are still QQ about it is because there are a very very small number of zealots that won't shut up. Even run up to the full 6.8 million it will be a very small group of people whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    Wrong! The keyword here is "GAME". We play "games" for fun. For many of us flying is fun. Max level flying adds for fun to the "GAME" for many of us.

If you enjoy exploring on the ground, go right ahead, others might enjoy the game a different way they you. Your method of game play is not the only way to enjoy the game.

Similar, but not the same. Both let you fly over content you want to skip. Flight taxis are a force AFK where you can't interact with anything in the world. With a personal flying mount you can choose to swoop down and interact with anything of interest at any time. I prefer interaction with the world instead of staring a screen I can do nothing with.

Very narrow minded. Not everyone enjoys the same aspects of the game and that's fine.

I never, ever fly this way.

Not sure you are aware of this or not, but this is a fan site for WoW. This forum is setup to discuss the game. The game would not be better off by getting rid of people that don't want to play the game your way. Grow up!

Blizzard has the difficult job of pacing content consumption. Adding AFK travel time is in my opinion a very poor way of doing this.

WRONG! Removing flying will not increase WPvP on my PvE server.

This is an opinion, your personal one and I don't agree with you. Flying does bring fun and entertainment to the game to many of us. AGAIN, not everyone enjoys the same aspects of the game.

It's fine that you "derive no joy from flying". But you don't speak for everyone and certainly not me. It is not lazy. I play the game for fun, not for boring and tedious. You do not speak for me.
    Flying makes the new world interaction mechanics trivial. The new mechanics are a proposed solution to daily quest abundance. Participation in the new mechanics offers raid tier perks, similar to daily quests of old. Picture Draenor as a continent-wide PVE Island, exception of Ashran.

There's nothing more that needs to be said. Flying can/will be opened up when the raid tier becomes a legacy tier, assuming they plan to move the tier content to a new zone like Tanaan Jungle. They are keeping open the option of continuing to use Draenor as a PVE Island minus Ashran.

That is the direction of the GAME. If that removes all enjoyment for you, you have the option to lobby for reverting to the pure PVE Island concept so you're able to fly in the continent. The best approach would be to cancel your subscription and list the reason you don't have fun in game. Hope this helps.

/thread.
    One Sweet Dream

Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    Nothing. The only reason the forums are still QQ about it is because there are a very very small number of zealots that won't shut up. Even run up to the full 6.8 million it will be a very small group of people whining.
    What if only 1% of the player base really freaks out and takes to the forums for the first year of WoD.

That is 68,000 people.

Tell me again how mice and quiet it is going to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    Should be the rental flying mount speed from the quest you get in storm peak.
    Sorry, been a while since I Quested there - how fast was it?

Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    Ya' know, with all sincerity, if it weren't for the small number of zealots on either side, this thread would of died long ago.

Also, if Bliz had come out and just said, outright, "No flying in WoD, that's it. Maybe flight in WoD in 7.0" this thread would of died long ago.

Whether that would of lead to a 900 page "No Flying in WoD" thread though is anyone's guess.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    Ya' know, with all sincerity, if it weren't for the small number of zealots on either side, this thread would of died long ago.

Also, if Bliz had come out and just said, outright, "No flying in WoD, that's it. Maybe flight in WoD in 7.0" this thread would of died long ago.

Whether that would of lead to a 900 page "No Flying in WoD" thread though is anyone's guess.
    What exactly do you think is going to happen when 6.8 million people start dinging 100 and go looking for flying trainers like they have for the past 7 years?

You think they are going to be okay with that decision?

What do you think is going to happen as people start leveling their crafting and discovering how terrible gathering nodes is at 100% speed on the ground?

What happens when the people who bought the CE of WoD discover they cannot fly the mount that came with the expansion?

It is going to be a mess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pankind View Post
    Flying makes the new world interaction mechanics trivial. The new mechanics are a proposed solution to daily quest abundance. Participation in the new mechanics offers raid tier perks, similar to daily quests of old. Picture Draenor as a continent-wide PVE Island, exception of Ashran.
    The game has been designed in the past for flying and it didn't make world interaction mechanics trivial.

There's nothing more that needs to be said. Flying can/will be opened up when the raid tier becomes a legacy tier, assuming they plan to move the tier content to a new zone like Tanaan Jungle. They are keeping open the option of continuing to use Draenor as a PVE Island minus Ashran.
    Flying being introduced to WoD is "overwhelmingly" unlikely according to Tom Chilton.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mydjaH_HIE
    Comments about flying at 19:00

That is the direction of the GAME. If that removes all enjoyment for you, you have the option to lobby for reverting to the pure PVE Island concept so you're able to fly in the continent. The best approach would be to cancel your subscription and list the reason you don't have fun in game. Hope this helps.

/thread.
    Did you know that this is a forum for the World of Warcraft. People come here to discuss all aspects of WoW, that's what we are doing here so no, this is not /thread .....as you will see LOL

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Nayaga; 2014-08-29 at 05:21 PM.

Deleted
    What exactly do you think is going to happen when 6.8 million people start dinging 100 and go looking for flying trainers like they have for the past 7 years?

What do you think is going to happen as people start leveling their crafting and discovering how terrible gathering nodes is at 100% speed on the ground?

What happens when the people who bought the CE of WoD discover they cannot fly the mount that came with the expansion?

Because...you say so? Who made you the spokesperson for the WoW Community again?

And the no-fly is not a secret. Everyone and his grandmother knows about it by now. So no, people wont be "surprised" by it, they expect it. If there is an outcry it would be now. Only...oh wait...there is none Other than a few forum trolls, and people spreading misinformation or trying to disguise their personal opinions as facts (= you), noone is complaining really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    Because...you say so? Who made you the spokesperson for the WoW Community again?

And the no-fly is not a secret. Everyone and his grandmother knows about it by now. So no, people wont be "surprised" by it, they expect it. If there is an outcry it would be now. Only...oh wait...there is none Other than a few forum trolls, and people spreading misinformation or trying to disguise their personal opinions as facts (= you), noone is complaining really.
    what exactly makes you think that everyone playing WoW knows about no-flying in WoD?

These are all valid questions, my noisily speaking canine friend, ones which I think will be provide very interesting answers in the months to come.

I was just trying to make him and others see their own zealotry. Sure, this thread has gone on for y months and x pages, but that is only because we have no answer to the question of the thread.

If there was a definitive answer given by a competent game develoument company that could choose one way or the other how they wanted their game to be played, and not leave players in limbo and arguing amongst themselves, and not just risk that they would lose subs when they are in a self declared "sub retention>sub gain stance", and not just string paying customers along with CE bonus flying mounts, firey flying hawks, flying reaper mounts, 'TLPD/Aeonaxx type mobs' to kill and loot, and SAY WHAT THEY WANT in regards to flying, and more importantly show us how it will be better, then we could swallow whatever bitter design pill they put in the WoD hot dog, because we could see why they need to remove flying in the first place.

As it is, we have mixed signals from Blizz people, a to and fro of no and maybe and yes in 6.1 and "not unless..." and flying mount rewards.

And so, this thread goes on.
    Last edited by CheeseSandwich; 2014-08-29 at 05:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some are, some aren't, some doesn't even care.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post

Every time I am in a LFR or a dungeon I ask people if they know flying is going to be removed from the next expansion. Many have no idea what i am talking about. In fact they get angry calling me a liar or a troll. I encourage them to go to the WOW forums and to come to these forums are any other video game forum and ask for answers and more information.

- - - Updated - - -

Some are, some aren't, some doesn't even care.
    How many people do you think "some" is when you are looking at a pool of close to 7 million people?

How many people do you think "some" is when you are looking at a pool of close to 7 million people?
    The number will be lost in the noise.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    No idea, but isn't that what Blizzard is testing anyways with the first major patch?

No idea, but isn't that what Blizzard is testing anyways with the first major patch?
    Makes me question the whole Blizz testing ideal. Huge changes on live servers and gauge sub losses to react.

Surely that sort of wild change should of been frowned upon since cata hard heroics? Why is gambling with your sub base, for no other real reason I can see other than because they can, a good way to develoup a game when you are aiming to retain as many players as possible???

I honestly do not see Blizz's logic behind all of this.